• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Cheats (Build 14)

AH, you're right! I seemed to remember Grenada had a gunsmith too, but when I checked the code I only found the one in Turks.
Turns out that the guy in Grenada does ONLY guns, while the one on Turks does guns AND blades.
Seems I forgot about that one. :facepalm

What are ways to avoid gangrene? A surgeon perhaps? But are there other ways? Its causing me a lot of crew with just medicines. There's like 30+ dying everyday.

And try to avoid crew losses in battle altogether.

If anyone has any thoughts on the balancing of the whole "wounded crew" thing, that'd be welcome too.
I once fixed up that mod to work vaguely reasonably and put in some values, but haven't much of a clue on how reasonable those numbers are.
From PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
// Wounded crew
#define HEALED_PER_DAY           1     // INT - number of wounded crewmembers healed per day without doctor and medicines
#define HEALED_WITH_MEDS         5     // INT - number of wounded crewmembers healed per day if medicines are present
#define KILLED_PER_DAY           16     // INT - number of wounded crewmembers that die per day without doctor and medicines

How 'bout adding another?

Code:
#define HEALED_WITH_DOC          10    // INT - number of wounded crewmembers healed per day with a surgeon(s) and medicines

well, provided that a number of crew members(5) can heal themselves w/o a doctor.

+ and a less chance for the crew to get gangrene and other health related issues if you were to have 2 or more doctors(if a function for that is possible).

one surgeon can't probably handle a crew of 100 all by himself if a virus starts spreading inside the ship while in open water. and what if the only surgeon you've got get sickxD or catches a viral infection? :shrug

How 'bout adding another?
Code:
#define HEALED_WITH_DOC          10    // INT - number of wounded crewmembers healed per day with a surgeon(s) and medicines
There sort-of already is. The game subtracts the defence value of the doctor.
The "healed rate" = HEALED_PER_DAY + defence skill of the doctor + HEALED_WITH_MEDS (if meds available)
And "killed rate" = KILLED_PER_DAY - defence skill of the doctor - HEALED_WITH_MEDS (if meds available)
There is some randomization added to not make it too samey-samey, but that is in general what it does.
If you have wounded crew and medicine aboard, one unit of medicine is subtracted each day.

+ and a less chance for the crew to get gangrene and other health related issues if you were to have 2 or more doctors(if a function for that is possible).
You only need one doctor. For killed: 16-10-5=1 so if you have a super-doctor AND medicines, only one crewmember would die each day.

one surgeon can't probably handle a crew of 100 all by himself if a virus starts spreading inside the ship while in open water. and what if the only surgeon you've got get sickxD or catches a viral infection? :shrug
Neither of those things are programmed to ever happen. Simply put, where in the stock game ALL your crew would die straight away from crew damage, now some are "saved" as wounded.
A few will survive without you doing anything, so that is a free bonus over the stock game.

MAKE ALL OFFICERS VISIBLE ON SHIP DECK
Look at PROGRAM\SEA_AI\BOAL_Deck.c and find:
EDIT: Look at PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c (There has been changes about the files lately):
Code:
                            case "ShipDeck":
                                if(GetCharacterShipCabin(mchr)=="Cabin_none")
                                {
                                    CharacterIntoLocationLocator(_curCharIdx, mchr.location);
                                    LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType(tmpChr);
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                    if(tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_ABORDAGE || tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_CANNONEER || tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY) // KK
                                    {
                                    }
                                }
                            break;
Replace with:
Code:
    case "ShipDeck":
    break;
This now works for big ship decks(e.g. shipdeck3) on the latest
build14 beta(Build 14 Beta 3 Full Test + UPDATE 10 Sep 2013) btw:dance seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg

Last edited:
It won't be, because I won't even start on fixing that until after Beta 3 is done.
That is going to be another biggie and if I start it now, Beta 3 will probably be another month away. And I want to get it RELEASED!!!
Well, I guess it'll be all good by the time it's released after all..:D :dance with all them matching soldiers/appropriate dialogs/and other tweaks..:cheeky

Working Capture Colonies: Apparently yes.
All dialogs updated: Only if somebody ELSE cares to do it, because I bloody well won't! :whipa

Back