• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you cried when you saw the Sophie, i looked in amazement at how she sat in the water. In my game she was under water almots like a sub. So i checked her out and tested and tested some more and now she looks like this. And from my tests no water enters the ships lower deck now.

I don't know if you guy's think the difference between the distance of each calibure is what it should be or not. I have a feeling that people don't really mind fighting ships with higher calibure guns than there's so to add more realism to the game (testing required) i have changed the rane of each calibure to 100 up from 50. So in short that means a 4Ibs cannon will have the range of 400 yards and a 6Ibs cannon will have the range of 500 yards, for culverines there 4Ibs will have a range of 500 yards and 6Ibs will have the range of 600 yards, 100 yards further than there cannon counter parts. Doing this however does mount up in the end with 92Ibs cannons (forts only) having the range of 2100 yards, you only need to be about 1000 yards away to exit back to the world map so that would need recalculating so that its a wider range before the option to enter world map appears.

If it does work well then i might reduce all the calibures range so that its not such a long range for the 92Ibs cannons. This would make you question yourself before engaging a ship with higher calibure of gun mounted on her and it would make you think more about mounting as high a calibure as you could so that you don't get courght with your pants down. The downfull as you already know is the higher the calibure the more room you need in your cargohold, so for trader's this will make things a little more tougher since they'll want to be able to fight off attackers.

I might do further changes to this depending on testing goes. I do have a question though, is the following codes the maximum and minimum hights at which each shot type can be fired at?

Code:
refShip.Height.Bombs.Y		= 3.0;		refShip.Height.Bombs.DY		= 1.0;
refShip.Height.Grapes.Y		= 4.0;		refShip.Height.Grapes.DY	= 1.0;
refShip.Height.Knippels.Y	= 25.0;		refShip.Height.Knippels.DY	= 15.0;
refShip.Height.Balls.Y		= 3.0;		refShip.Height.Balls.DY		= 1.0;

Reason i ask is because i hight have to change the maximum hight so that when firing the gun's in 1st person view you can aim high enough to get the target indictor to light up.

Hello, new here. Recently got the game, then I stumbled upon this combined mod. It seems to be the only fix for this game that I've found, as the developers made all their support in Russian.

I want this mod mostly for the bug fixes and the little gameplay improvements, not for all the other characters. I was rather disappointed to see that this mod changed the model of Peter Blood for some reason, when I quite preferred his old one. Is there any way for me to change his model back to the old one while still keeping all the lovely fixes and add-ons this mod provides? I don't mind if it means having to take out all the additional characters or somesuch - I only want to play as Peter Blood anyway.

How is this installed? I mean clean version of the game, latest patch what?

Edit:
The mod requires a full installation of Age Of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
I still don't understand :p

CMV3 patch 1.5 was released for those who already have CMV3 and patch 1 installed. If you haven't installed CMV3 then you can download the full install which is CMV3.1.5 complete mod, that installs CMV3 and all patches as a single install.

In short, uninstall COAs, delete all folders and files left behind in main directory for COAS (None of your previous saved games will work with COAS CMV3.1.5 so its pointless backing them up before uninstalling COAS). Now install COAS again and then install CMV3.1.5 complete mod. Thats it done.

The mod thats almost 600MB's is a patch and not a full mod, the one refered to as been over 4GB's is a full mod.

It says Combined Mod Version 3 >_> Where is the full mod?
96943032.png

How to use a thumbnail?

hi all, long time i didnt surf here;

i remember the last time my favourite ship is the ironside hms enterprise.

is the ship in the combined mod 3.1.5?

Yes the ship is in CMV3.1.5, there are 2 versions of it now. Enterprise and Frifate La Enterprise.

Hi, i'm new to these forums.

Big THANKS from me to all the modders. The Combined Mod is great! Love it!!!

I've bought the vanilla game a few weeks ago and it was already fun to play.
But now after i've downloaded/installed the complete mod 3.1.5, the game is even better.

So many new ships, characters, economy-changes, bug fixes, and all the other things.... Thanks, thanks thanks

I actual play as Jack Aubrey, cause i'm a big fan of the Master and Commander Movie.
But i also play as Jack Sparrow, Peter Blood sometimes, love pirate movies...

You modders have done a very good job!
Thanks again!!! :keith

I'm sure the other modder's will drop in when there on again and say thanks to your reply. This is what motivates me and i'm sure the rest of the team to make the game work better and have more things to do. The extra ships and characters was one eliment but as you pointed out the extra iteam's and goods brought much more balance to the game. I think the other guy's are taking a break from modding at the moment to play COAs and also fix any bugs they come across in the process, or maybe just taking a break from gaming for a while. Most of the team had been working on the combined mod for a year or so without actually playing the game other than testing new changes out. I do know a new patch is been worked on, i don't think there is a rush to release it though because of making sure all bugs found are fixed for CMV3.2 but the new patch when released will further improve gameplay with some nice new features and bugs from CMV3.1.5 fixed.

We need to come up with the ability to loot the cannons of the ships we take if you don't want to capture them. And the sailerpoints and path is AFUed on the Interceptor. I know at one time they where not like that. :shrug

I'm trying to get CM v3.1.5 to work, but I just get CTD on startup after adding the mod. Is there a fix for this or should I just uninstall everything and then reinstall the full game? Or should I just try extracting the files to the CoAS program files instead of extracting the files in a separate folder and copy/pasting them over the program files? Thanks for the help.

--EDIT--

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and extracting to the program files and got it to work. I did run into a problem when talking to Atila (Beautiful Isabella quest NPC) when I went to Bermuda. The dialogue box shows up but there's no dialogue or chat options. I figured it might be a problem similar to the problem with a simple fix like Silvio Ricci (Tenochtitlan quest NPC) where you could just change DLG_TEXT to DLG_TEXT_TE. Problem is I still didn't locate the quest dialogue and I didn't know what I should do once I got there, so for now I'm avoiding Bermuda until a fix is available.

Sorry if someone else posted this already. If a fix exists, I'd love to know where it is. Thanks again

If you post this problem over at http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/tracker/project-4-combined-modpack/ then it will be seen more eaily and the team can fix it.

I think changing the text files over will effect the game in other way's because other changes made to those files, not sure i haven't worked on those files. :shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back