• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

Thank you Luke159 for your advice, the bug was fixed and now I don't have problems with the cannons, from this point of view the game works properly. :onya

Because of some error signatures the game crashes and throws me out.
Here are some error signatures:

AppName: start.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 000109f9

AppName: start.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: location.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0002497a

AppName: start.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: geometry.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00003a7f

AppName: start.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: dx8render.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00004b1c

AppName: start.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: fmodex.dll
ModVer: 0.4.8.5 Offset: 0005b6ac

tiborc777 :dance

Thanks from me too luke, but in program->ships-> ships.init.c, there is no such command as refship.CanEncounter in almost all the ships, apart from the gunboat and tartane.....

No problem guy's. :onya

@ ReiAyanami
No its a code you have to put in for each ship you do not wish to encounter, apart from any that already have it obvioulsy which as you pointed out are Tartane and Gunboat.

I have a question .
Can I change the wind's speed and if yes, how?
I wouldn' t like to put the wind's speed below 3.0.
Can you help me?

Thanks in advance. :keith

tiborc777

On the subject of weather, recently I changed the weather of the game back to default, with Luke files. To be honest with you, the waves and the ship rocking is far more realistic that way. Ok, I know the issue with the shots hitting the waves and such, but most gunfire took place at the range of 50 or less. I might be judging this with the weather seen here in Europe, so, but still I thought I should give my 2c

Hi, my game always shuts down, when trying to save / quicksave a game, since i installed that MOD! (I'm atm in the CoaS)

plus: all controls (mouse + keys) are changed / disabled, when i load a game.. so i need to "reset to preset", then this works.. but save does not work anyway! :shrug

First off, I'd like to send my compliments to the modteam and all involved on the brilliant piece of work the Combined Mod has become. The vanilla game was a great concept but underdeveloped and clunky at best. Thanks to this mod, the game is closer to being realized as a true sandbox pirate game complex enough to entertain the realists (those disappointed in the extreme simplicity of Sid Meier's Pirates for instance) and simple enough to be enjoyable to a beginner without a cliff of a learning curve.

My experience with this mod started out rough with some incompatibility issues stemming from leftover data files from a previous install which were in a hidden folder. Now that is cleared up, things were smooth sailing for a while. Until now, that is. It seems I have encountered a persistent bug which I cannot get around. The bug in question is constant CTD while trying to phase from an interior location to the town proper after having received a logbook update. This has happened a few times, but I am normally able to get around it by fast travelling. This however is not an option in a hostile port. So twice now I have found myself at a stopping point in two separate quests because I cannot further the questline without killing ENGINE. First was encountered shortly after the werewolf event when I was required to speak to the priest on the cursed man's behalf. After speaking with the priest, I cannot leave the church without it crashing. Second time is during the kill the beggars quest where I must attempt to access the lockbox in the residence. After discovering the lockbox needs a key, I can't leave the residence without it crashing. I can hop back and forth from one room to the next, but the moment I try to leave the front or side door, failure. Like I said, normally I can fast travel to avoid this issue, but not in hostile ports and playing the English, Willemstad and Caracas are hostile indeed.

I tried a few options enabled through the debugger, such as area reload and travel to tavern. Area reload does nothing and travel to tavern throws me in a completely different port's tavern. I might find a way to make the latter work but it requires me to sneak out of a friendly town and then battle my way out of the harbor because I was under a different flag in order to enter the enemy port from which I just debug fast traveled. What I would really like help on is identifying the files and code required to enable fast travel even in an enemy port (which makes sense if you are under a friendly flag and have a trade license), or identify the file and code required to change the location of the debugger fast travel. I know it sends me to sentjon_tavern once executed, so if figures somewhere there is a line or two of code that can be swapped to change the destination. Are either of these options possible?

Never mind the previous post. I have figured out some functionality of the debugger. Now I can hop over any of those phasing CTD blackholes. They aren't limited to quest related updates or anything though. It still seems to be random, yet oddly consistent.

Hi!
I'm new for this mod, but not to CoAS :)

Is there some sort of manual or FAQ for all new features?
I've found only brief description in READ ME folder.
Is there the list of all new ships and their classes?
How can I manipulate new Rum settings and other new features that I maybe not even know they are in game?

And what script should I correct to raise minimal wind speed to at least 2-3?
I cannot afford to spend several real life hours to wait my ship sailing only few yards during battle even on 8x setting with wind close to zero :(

Also I've got a bug when my character met another my character in tavern (not Blood).
Looks like you should place "n != startHeroType" instead of "GetNewMainCharacterParam(n) != startHeroType" inside if-statement in PsHero.c

And regarding storm-bug in CoAS location that Kpt Blood mentioned -- I also have this bug permanently under my Win7 in vanilla CoAS.
I've managed to complete CoAS quest only under WinXP by booting from my old WinXP partition.
After completing of this quest I loaded this save under Win7 again.

Welcome bud, i would suggest waiting for GOF 1.0 which is to be released soon we hope. This has a update for wind speed and is worth waiting for.

Also I've got a bug when my character met another my character in tavern (not Blood).
Looks like you should place "n != startHeroType" instead of "GetNewMainCharacterParam(n) != startHeroType" inside if-statement in PsHero.c
Just started a new game with this correction in PsHero.c -- no more my clones in the game (tested via F10 key)

Thats a interesting find, does it effect any other character or just provents the game from generating the same character you are playing but as a AI officer?

I would be interested to see you PsHero.c file, if you can upload it please. This would then if works as statsed be added to GOF 1.0. :dance

Thats a interesting find, does it effect any other character or just provents the game from generating the same character you are playing but as a AI officer?

I would be interested to see you PsHero.c file, if you can upload it please. This would then if works as statsed be added to GOF 1.0. :dance
This prevents the game from generating my clone but doesn't affect any other character (briefly tested with several hero types).

Here is if-statement from original Akella's PsHero.c (Russian version):
Code:
if (GetNewMainCharacterParam("sex_" + n) == "man" && n != startHeroType) // токо мужики
(Russian text in comments -- "only males")

Here is the same statement in CM 3.2:
Code:
if (GetNewMainCharacterParam(n) != startHeroType) // токо мужики

Here is corrected statement:
Code:
if (n != startHeroType) // токо мужики

I can upload the whole file, but this statement is the only revision.

Ok thanks bud, here's what i ahve done. Just making sure its done right.

The following line of code replaces the whole line of code for CMV3.2?
Search for in Program\scripts == PsHero.C
Code:

Copy this and paste it over the whole of the code above.
Code:
[code]if (n != startHeroType) // токо мужики
[/code]

Save and exit, Thats what i have done. Is that how you do it?

Ok thanks bud, here's what i ahve done. Just making sure its done right.

The following line of code replaces the whole line of code for CMV3.2?
Search for in Program\scripts == PsHero.C
Code:

Copy this and paste it over the whole of the code above.
Code:
if (n != startHeroType) // токо мужики

Save and exit, Thats what i have done. Is that how you do it?
Yes, that's right.
Or simply "n" instead of "GetNewMainCharacterParam(n)"

Ok thanks, i will test this out in GOF and make sure everything works fine. Can't see why it shouldn't if it has worked fine for you in CMV3.2. Again thanks, if it works i will include it in GOF 1.0 and you will be credited for it. :onya

Nice work this does seem to work and doesn't effect anything else from the looks of it. :dance I will add this to GOF and credit you.

Hi this mod looks great thanks for all of you but is there a torrent file for CMV3.2.exe Full Mod Including Fixes 1.0 ?

Hi i finally downloaded and installed the mod everything is fine, mod is working with no problem so far except a little problem i have. I started a new game with blood and when i'm speak the arms dealer there is only "i'm peter blood and leaving now" option to select. Then outside the house the Spanish man doesn't come so i couldn't do that job. I'm waiting your advises.
Thanks

Back