• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

When I started off as Blood and took to sailing I put the one eyed gunner and the navigator friend in the usual positions in the big ship.

When I did this the -6 to all skills for being in a ship above my grade went to -2 instead. I'm not used to that happening, is adding someone in a position supposed to do this? I believe this did not happen in 3.15 (spent a lot of time on 3.15) but maybe I'm wrong.

More than that, the combined price of keeping the two guys on had my monthly payment to my crew (of less than 40 sailors) up past 100k right off the bat (and yes I looked it up and each officer was very expensive). Are they always going to charge this much for their services or is it due to the ship class (or whatever) being a 3 instead of like a 6 or something? I hope I don't have to fire them, I like going through the Blood intro and feeling like I came out of it with something positive (because it's some fun but mostly annoying, especially trying to get away from 2 fast ships with a class 3 and 20 sailors).

I was toying around w/ the idea of keeping the big ship, at least til I can beef it up w/ sailors and board a large class 4 or 5. I don't like that it only sells for 4k no matter where you go, though as usual you make more money if you sell the cannons off first as they aren't included in the price of the sale so I guess I'd come out with a bit more.

And one final question, I manually changed RTBL to 1 but I wasn't sure if changing the combat from dynamic to strategic on start would reverse that switch.

Sorry for the 20 question routine, other than this I can say that the Blood intro mission went as smooth as usual. Haven't really gotten into the meat of the game as I've been busy lately but the changes I've seen so far are much appreciated.

When I did this the -6 to all skills for being in a ship above my grade went to -2 instead. I'm not used to that happening, is adding someone in a position supposed to do this? I believe this did not happen in 3.15 (spent a lot of time on 3.15) but maybe I'm wrong.

I never played the Blood story right the way through so i don't know about that, i'm pritty sure nothing was changed to effect the charaters like that but i could be wrong. Adding officers with higher skills than yours will help but adding Pit as the nagigator will lower the those - figures aswell.

More than that, the combined price of keeping the two guys on had my monthly payment to my crew (of less than 40 sailors) up past 100k right off the bat (and yes I looked it up and each officer was very expensive). Are they always going to charge this much for their services or is it due to the ship class (or whatever) being a 3 instead of like a 6 or something? I hope I don't have to fire them, I like going through the Blood intro and feeling like I came out of it with something positive (because it's some fun but mostly annoying, especially trying to get away from 2 fast ships with a class 3 and 20 sailors).

My tip would be keep her till you capture a class 5 ship (you can sail one of them) then store the Arabella aka Frigate and use the new class 5 ship. The ship class does effect your mothly costs.

I was toying around w/ the idea of keeping the big ship, at least til I can beef it up w/ sailors and board a large class 4 or 5. I don't like that it only sells for 4k no matter where you go, though as usual you make more money if you sell the cannons off first as they aren't included in the price of the sale so I guess I'd come out with a bit more.

Yes the ship prices was lowered to be based more around the stock game prices because the ships was far to expensive and by capturing a few ships depending on which they was you could become a very rich privateer within months of starting a new game. Not any more though.

And one final question, I manually changed RTBL to 1 but I wasn't sure if changing the combat from dynamic to strategic on start would reverse that switch.

No switching between tactical to dynacmic will not change RTBL, the switches in the _mods_on_off are dependent on only those value's and no settimgs else where..

Sorry for the 20 question routine, other than this I can say that the Blood intro mission went as smooth as usual. Haven't really gotten into the meat of the game as I've been busy lately but the changes I've seen so far are much appreciated.

No problem bud, have fun. :onya

When I started off as Blood and took to sailing I put the one eyed gunner and the navigator friend in the usual positions in the big ship.

The monthly payment of 100k is a bug which existed in 3.1.5.

If I understand correctly once you get to sea in the captured ship, your skils go down as you are not a high enough level to actually command such a vessel. I ussually sell it, which brings you to the second bug, it sells for next to nothing. You need to capture another vessel, does not matter what it is and then set a Captain and "swap ships" and then swap back. This SHOULD fix the selling price AND fix the upkeep bug.

As soon as I got rid of the larger ship and was sailing myself a smaller vessel I had a massive upkeep, all I had to do was swap ships and it brought the upkeep down from 120k to less than 20k.... :D

Thanks for the quick reply luke, glad to know RTBL is fully working in my game.

The monthly payment of 100k is a bug which existed in 3.1.5.

If I understand correctly once you get to sea in the captured ship, your skils go down as you are not a high enough level to actually command such a vessel. I ussually sell it, which brings you to the second bug, it sells for next to nothing. You need to capture another vessel, does not matter what it is and then set a Captain and "swap ships" and then swap back. This SHOULD fix the selling price AND fix the upkeep bug.

As soon as I got rid of the larger ship and was sailing myself a smaller vessel I had a massive upkeep, all I had to do was swap ships and it brought the upkeep down from 120k to less than 20k.... :D

Thank you very much for the reply and the work around you posted :onya

I remembered not being able to sell the original ship for anything - and I'd always wondered if it was a bug or something they did to keep you from getting decent $ right away - but I'd never tried to keep the large ship so wasn't aware of that upkeep bug. I've got a few breaks and thought I was doing well (helped a captain raid a shipwreck and got 500 silver out of it, not typically the first thing I encounter, pretty awesome) and then I'm wondering about w/ 80k in my pocket and suddenly I'm hit w/ 100k in bills and I gotta put down a mutiny (of one guy, because I only had 36 sailors). So now my only chance to avoid mutiny is to stop by this hostile spanish port. Ah well, that's why I love this game so I'll just treat it like a natural problem til I can work around it.

I thourght it was in the build mod, i'm sure i read some where it was.
It's not. But I think the Russian SLiB mod for PotC had it,
which was developed by seaward.ru when they were still a modding community rather than game developers.

My tip would be keep her till you capture a class 5 ship (you can sail one of them) then store the Arabella aka Frigate and use the new class 5 ship.

Odd, I'd never stored a ship in 3.15 and when I did it stored Jeremy Pitt (the captain) along with it. :(

I thourght it was in the build mod, i'm sure i read some where it was.
It's not. But I think the Russian SLiB mod for PotC had it,
which was developed by seaward.ru when they were still a modding community rather than game developers.

That will explain it then, so i was getting the mods mixed up, sorry about that and thanks for clearing that up. :onya

My tip would be keep her till you capture a class 5 ship (you can sail one of them) then store the Arabella aka Frigate and use the new class 5 ship.

Odd, I'd never stored a ship in 3.15 and when I did it stored Jeremy Pitt (the captain) along with it. :(

Yes who ever is the captain of the ship your store will be left onboard that ship till you take her out of dry dock and change the captain. I normally put the poorest skilled officer as captain and then store the ship. ;)

hey guys,
i played aop 2 normal for 1 month and then i meet this forum and mods
i instaled this mod and yes its great coz have the characther from pirates of carribbean ,and if i play with jack sparrow what is the purpse of this game now?did you changed quest ,or it's the same quest ?

Don't know where you gather information about bugged ships, but it seems that Mermaid Grief has that duplicating cannon bug (or what ever it is called)

hey guys,
i played aop 2 normal for 1 month and then i meet this forum and mods
i instaled this mod and yes its great coz have the characther from pirates of carribbean ,and if i play with jack sparrow what is the purpse of this game now?did you changed quest ,or it's the same quest ?

No, no quests have been changes. Some much important bug fixes, some new features etc. We are not working on the quests at the moment.

Don't know where you gather information about bugged ships, but it seems that Mermaid Grief has that duplicating cannon bug (or what ever it is called)

Thanks bud, that one will be fixed. You can report any bugs you find in COAS Combined Mods Bug Tracker :onya

i play with davy jones ,and when i engage in battle my ship dont make no damage,also the firing range is short .....i may ask you this is flying dutchman i expected some damage and some speed and maneuvrability

what should i do?

The game takes into account a few things like your skills the skills of your officer's for the roles they are assigned to. So if your cannon and aim skills are low then you will be hitting very little even at close range you will miss most of the time (using manual aiming will improve your accuracy). If your skills are showing as red then you don't have the required skills to sail that ship which will drastically effect the ships performaces. Mounting a higher calibure will help increase the level of damage you can do, i'm guessing you have 4Ibs cannons mounted which is the same for any ship you purchase from the shipyard.

What setting do you have set ie, stock or RTBL?

Stock means you will do high levels of damage much quicker, RTBL means lower level of damage is done. To check your settings go into game directory, programs == _mods_on_off and see if the code for RTBL is set to 1 or 0, if its 0 then your playing with stock value's.

I just installed this and have two comments:
. You should really redo the installer file; apparently it installs to a subfolder, so you'll always have to move the files after extracting.
Additionally, making it a self-extracting EXE or a proper installer would be much easier for users.
. Why does the Flying Dutchman still have such low-detail sails?

Some more:
. I had given some code to FireBat to make the starting location depend on the nation you'd select.
I tested this and it worked, but I don't think it made it into the Combined Modpack.
. All ships I started with so far, the Flying Dutchman and HMS Bounty,
are really very slow and even at x8 speed, it still takes a long time to get even out of the starting bay.
That is with the wind coming from the side or astern. Is that normal?

The game takes into account a few things like your skills the skills of your officer's for the roles they are assigned to. So if your cannon and aim skills are low then you will be hitting very little even at close range you will miss most of the time (using manual aiming will improve your accuracy). If your skills are showing as red then you don't have the required skills to sail that ship which will drastically effect the ships performaces. Mounting a higher calibure will help increase the level of damage you can do, i'm guessing you have 4Ibs cannons mounted which is the same for any ship you purchase from the shipyard.

What setting do you have set ie, stock or RTBL?

Stock means you will do high levels of damage much quicker, RTBL means lower level of damage is done. To check your settings go into game directory, programs == _mods_on_off and see if the code for RTBL is set to 1 or 0, if its 0 then your playing with stock value's.
yes rtbl is 0 ,which is good i think ?
and i have pretty low skils but i have bosun and gunner officer at lvl 5 ......so you said to go to fight with skeleton get some pumped levels and with this i can fire powerfull?or should i find a gunner officer lvl 15 and that will make difference?

The Flying Dutchman is a high class ship so your navigation skills might be to low, i think you need 65 nav skill points before you can sail a ship in class 3. If you have a officer with 65+ nav skill then put him/her in the role of navigator. Adding a gunner with high skills will help improve loading and aiming so yes get a officer with good cannon and aim skills.

Yes if you want quick battles than having RTBL set as 0 is good.

No, it's not. I reckon it should be posted there as an EXE installer though.
And while they're at it, also see to address these two issues I posted before:
. Why does the Flying Dutchman still have such low-detail sails?
. I had given some code to FireBat to make the starting location depend on the nation you'd select.
I tested this and it worked, but I don't think it made it into the Combined Modpack.
That should be quite doable; the main issue is the long wait for the file to re-upload.

Back