• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

Making a 7-Zip self-extracting installer is as simple as just selecting the "Create SFX Archive" selection box in the program.
Making a fancy installer requires a bit more figuring out, but still anyone could do it; all you need to do is download a program for it and do it.
I originally didn't know how to do it, but figured it out for Build 14 Beta 1 as well, which is an installer I did.
Basically, if I can do it, I'm sure you could. And you've got the advantage that I can tell you how to. :razz

@Pieter

Could you upload the sails of the Dutchman from the Build mod? I'm not sure how that got left out from 3.2.

tnx for this mod hope for more soon guys you guys are the best! when i finish download i'll try to upload it to ModDB to my acount ok tnx

See attached, Officerpuppy. :doff

Thanks jhayron; we should be able to upload it ourselves though, that's not a problem.
We'd need an easier installer file for public release though that doesn't require 7-Zip to be installed...

What ships were added in 3.2, the changelogs did not give that information and I know many of them were done and ready for what people were saying the next release, I have yet to play it, but noticed on the changelogs posted on the forums no list of ships was given. Since the patch I seen that some of vessels I'd seen were done are not actually done though... :facepalm

Hey guys, great to see the mod updated. :D

One thing I noticed, though; "quests_texts.txt" (file path 'Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\questbook' ) is still the vanilla one, not the fixed one I made. Could just add a note or something in the thread OP, because I know I sure wouldn't want to re-upload that whole archive...

Other than that, great job. :cheers

Thanks a lot everyone for the new mod, i love it :onya

With Vers. 3.2 it´s very hart to found powder isn´t it? Every city store 300 or 400 instead of 3000 or 4000 :?
And in a fight the powder went quickly away :shock

Let me say this is a great mod and am enjoying every minute of it.

The only thing that takes me out of the moment is that I met Blood and Barbosa in a tavern and had them sign on with me. I am thinking this is great, I am going to terrorize the Spanish shipping :dance .! I attack some merchants and not only do I see that Blood and Barbosa need to be given direction as what to do during the battle but also that once the battle is over there is no screen to divide the spoils. And lastly when we get back into port, I have to pay for their repairs, replenishing of goods and men! Shouldn't they take care of that themselves. Just because we decide to work together, doesn't mean I take on the financial responsibility of the other two pirates?! Does it. Don't get me wrong, I love this mod and this game and am so glad for the people that put their hard work into making this. This post is not written in anger so please don't misinterpret.... it's written in confusion :cheers .

You got them to join you?

If they joined you then like in the stock game it is your job to make sure they have enough supplies onboard, they have enough crew to sail the ship(s) and that there ships are in perfect conditions. We haven't edited that part of the game, if you was offered a quest by them then after the quest is complete they go there own way's and your left with half the loot or slaves.

Hope this helps your confussion. :onya

You are the Grand Poo Bah man. You're the Head Captain Mate. If you're lucky enough that they join you, all their stuff becomes yours Matey!!!! What better deal is there. You can sell their ships if you want and make them Fighters on your team. You as the head of the venture have to plan everything. I see no problems with that aspect. Usually I sell off their ships and use their cargoes to replenish my own. Then I plug them into my crew where they can do the best for me. Often they are better than my group of recruited officers, so I will give them command of one of my other better hand picked ships.....or make them prize captains when I seize new ships. :keith

Have fun Mate!

MK

Well I thought they joined me out of autonomous decision and not that I am "The Great Poo Baa" lol. I still have many things to learn about the game in general and about the specifics of the mod. I didn't know about being able to sell their ships or add them to my crew, because they are considered part of my fleet now. Now that you put it that way it does make sense of their actions.

For future releases of the mod I would suggest to allow other pirates/privateers/captains you meet to ask to join forces but they remain in charge of their resources. Thus it would add an extra spin where a special window appears that allows you to divide up the spoils of the prizes you capture amongst the other captains that have temporarily joined forces with you. Thanks again matey's! :onya

Actually Mate, That does indeed occur when you are approached by them to go on a joint venture. They are mini quests. You will be propositioned in the taverns. They will stay in command of their own ship and crew and only stay with you as long as it takes to accomplish the mission. They will split the spoils with you at the end and you have the opportunity to contest the split and fight for the whole amount.

MK

guys did you guys fix the bug where you could keep selling how much cannons from a ship you want??????????????????

Yes.

Although we are still finding isolated ships in our testing of the next mod release - Gentlemen of Fortune (GOF) where it occurs. I think we got all the ships in 3.2 that had the problem. There are a lot of new ships/new textures in GOF.

MK

hey guys with what program should i open a file for mod is the one you guys used to mod pirates of the caribbean ok or some thing else?????
:shrug

Guys i think there is a Bug where i was playing with the new mod

now the problem is that all when i'm in a battle at sea the ship will go to a stand still even when i'm sailing with the wind pls

& one other thing the speed sucks one stupid enemy can keep fire on you from far away n i cant with the same Calliber cannons

The ship Carrack has no deck ok it has but barely n the cruw walks under the deck pls luke help or some one the rest of the game is perfect till now

Back