• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

Hey, I have a big problem :)

In the last mod I could enter and leave the mean pirate island by the map. I went to a near beach and then I left to the sea. With this mod I can't :wp
I've thought that the problem comes for the difficulty level, but it isn't.

If some fair pirate can help me I'll be very happy :cheers

PS:moddingxcuse me for my "excellent" English :hmm XDD

You mean the pirate settlement at Bermuda (the one with all the rocks around the ports enterence?

If so i have never tried sailing out of the port i alway's use sail to and go to one of the shores and then go into world map. I haven't had any problems in doing this in any mods and thourght that was the only way of getting out of that port.

What I always do is sail to Ruin shore or that Washbasin beach. Are you saying that when you first get on your ship from the Pirate harbor, that you cannot select sailing to these beaches? If you sail to the beaches then you avoid the craggy rocks altogether. :sail

MK

So if i understand you correctly...
(NOTE: 1st-person = standing on ship with spyglass, 2nd person = Sailing in battle mode, 3rd person = Carribean run-around-map)

Before, you could do what we all do: Board your ship (1st person), hit the speed menu "sail to", select a beach (such as "Shores of Broken Washbasin" (sp?)), THEN go to the map and enter the big overhead sail-around-the-carribean screen (rd person)?

Now, you're saying that this option doesn't appear at all? Does it appear after you 2nd-person sail out of the rocks? I'm not sure if you can "sail to" from 1st person... i think you have to be in 2nd person.
Also, not in combat when you board are you? There might be a hostile ship around the edge you can't see that's within range? In which case you should get the option, but not go anywhere when you hit it?

Hey guys, I'm new here and let me just start by saying this is a great site for pirate gaming. Lots of great developers out there that have really worked hard to help our gaming experience. Now, off with the question. When you start of with Jack Sparrow you get the Black Pearl as your first ship. Now what i want to ask is is there a way to modify the game files/scripts to make Hector Barbossa as the main owner of the Black Pearl. I know you can change the game files in [Age of Pirates 2\Program\characters\RPGUtilite] to modify the starting ship of James Norrington, Jack Sparrow (Dep0), Alexander (the fat pirate merchant) and some other characters but the thing is that i can't find Barbossa's name on the list. So i can't set the Black Pearl as his starting ship. Btw, i got the newest version of the mod...i think. Its CMV 3.2 . Sooo any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :keith

For Hector Barbossa to start with the Black Pearl go onto Program\characters == RPGUtilite and search for the following code.
Code:
case "Dep0":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);  
pchar.money = 25000; 
break;    
case "DavyJones":           
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_CursedDutchman, true);  
pchar.money = 30000;  
break; 
case "luckyjack":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Sophie, true);   
break;    
case "Norrington":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Interceptor, true);  
break;      
case "Pitt":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_COLONIALSCHOONER, true); 
pchar.money = 8000; 
break;  
case "Alexander":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Gunboat, true);  
break;

At the end add.
Code:
case "pirat10":          
pchar.money = 25000; 
break

The final code should loook as follows.
Code:
case "Dep0":          
pchar.money = 25000; 
break;    
case "DavyJones":           
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_CursedDutchman, true);  
pchar.money = 30000;  
break; 
case "luckyjack":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Sophie, true);   
break;    
case "Norrington":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Interceptor, true);  
break;      
case "Pitt":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_COLONIALSCHOONER, true); 
pchar.money = 8000; 
break;  
case "Alexander":          
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_Gunboat, true);  
break;
case "pirat10":          
pchar.money = 25000; 
break

Save and exit file start COAS.

What I always do is sail to Ruin shore or that Washbasin beach. Are you saying that when you first get on your ship from the Pirate harbor, that you cannot select sailing to these beaches? If you sail to the beaches then you avoid the craggy rocks altogether. :sail

MK

Yes, that is the problem. Sail to the shores it is not available in my game a big bug for a pirate :shrug

Not a bug bud, sounds like a problem at your end. Did you happen to have CMV3.1.5 installed when you installed CMV3.2?

When a full mod is released we advice you to install the mod on a fresh install of COAS, a lot was changed between CMV3.1.5 and CMV3.2. So my advice is to uninstall COAS and delete all files and folder's that might have been left behind, reinstall COAS and then install CMV3.2 and we also advice not to install any mods you see on the forum in less its compatable with CMV3.2 and if you edit any files yourself to make backups of them before doing anything so you can replace them should anything go wrong. Since you haven't done anything due to been stuck at Bermuda i wouldn't make backups of your saved game because you should start again to be on the safe side.

Not a bug bud, sounds like a problem at your end. Did you happen to have CMV3.1.5 installed when you installed CMV3.2?

When a full mod is released we advice you to install the mod on a fresh install of COAS, a lot was changed between CMV3.1.5 and CMV3.2. So my advice is to uninstall COAS and delete all files and folder's that might have been left behind, reinstall COAS and then install CMV3.2 and we also advice not to install any mods you see on the forum in less its compatable with CMV3.2 and if you edit any files yourself to make backups of them before doing anything so you can replace them should anything go wrong. Since you haven't done anything due to been stuck at Bermuda i wouldn't make backups of your saved game because you should start again to be on the safe side.

Ok, thank you very much Luke :dance

Hello all, I'm a new member to these forums as well as CoaS, and I love the mod y'all have put together. My question is about the stock/realistic wind speed setting. I have been searching the forums unsuccessfully trying to find exactly how to use a switch to choose between realistic wind speeds or stock wind speeds. Where is the switch, and how exactly do I change to the stock wind settings? Apologies if I come across as too much of a noob, but any help would be welcomed.

It's right there at the first post where you download the mod. Its as simple as changing a 1 for on to a 0 for off in each toggle. Take a look at that first post for the mod download and you will see how to do it.

MK

Ahoy
This mod looks fantastic with all the new features and ships and what not. Thou there is 1 thing that took me a bit to get round thou. The default control in the modded version is different to the default control from vanila, which i tink can confuse people that played vanila and decided to try out the mod(me for example XD). Maby i am just silly for not went through the control before started playing.

I am sorry if this is kinda off topic. I played the vanila version 1.3 which works fine and found out there are rather few glitchs and crashes compare to AOP1. Everything was fine untill i finished kill the beggers and reached CoAS. Game engine started crashing within a min of being in CoAS, which causes the game to be unplayable. I went through the Technical Help section and found someone with the same problem. So I read through it and someone posted a fix by disabling the storm effect which didn't work for me even after i started a fresh new save. So i decided to get this mod. I backed up the entier game directory and applied the mod to that back up. started new game (took me about 20 min since i was looking though all the new possible starter character i could choose XD) use dev mode to teleport to CoAS and see if the bug is still there. Unfortunatly, it is. So it probably nothing to do with this mod but i just want to mention it.
(another reason i also posted here is because that thread in tech help section is rather dated and i see a chance that it might to get replied(sorry if that isn't that case).)

Many thx

It's right there at the first post where you download the mod. Its as simple as changing a 1 for on to a 0 for off in each toggle. Take a look at that first post for the mod download and you will see how to do it.

MK

Yeah I saw the first post. My problem was I couldn't save after I changed the settings, figured out my problem was Vista didn't allow me to edit it in the programs folder, but I assumed at first it just meant I was doing something wrong. So now all is well, thanks for the reply.

MK

Yeah I saw the first post. My problem was I couldn't save after I changed the settings, figured out my problem was Vista didn't allow me to edit it in the programs folder, but I assumed at first it just meant I was doing something wrong. So now all is well, thanks for the reply.

Do you have admin control of the account you log onto vista? Since a non admin account can be restricted to not be able to alter files in program files.

Do you have admin control of the account you log onto vista? Since a non admin account can be restricted to not be able to alter files in program files.

Yes I do, for some reason it still wouldn't allow it. Apparently the problem only happens with Vista. Just moved the files to desktop, altered them there, and moved them back. Worked fine after that.

Yes I do, for some reason it still wouldn't allow it. Apparently the problem only happens with Vista. Just moved the files to desktop, altered them there, and moved them back. Worked fine after that.

This is why i have a folder on the desktop for COAS.

Back