• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Custom Quest Musket

So what we'll be doing for the upcoming release:
1. Replace sgboom.wav with silence
2. Use @Pillat's sgboom.wav for a specific weapon so it doesn't go unused
3. @Jack Rackham is working on a custom quest weapon with telescope permanently attached for @Bartolomeu o Portugues
4. Current Long Rifle with equippable Telescope item will be adapted to work as a "regular" gun
5. The Long Rifle and Telescope will be available somewhere during regular play.
^ NEED SOME INPUT HERE, since where will you GET these two items? Ideally in very different places in interesting yet relatively simple ways!

4. Current Long Rifle with equippable Telescope item will be adapted to work as a "regular" gun
Yes but go direct to shotgun mode even if it's not unlocked.

Indeed it is. There are 3 guns which will go to shotgun no matter if you have the perk or not.

Indeed it is. There are 3 guns which will go to shotgun no matter if you have the perk or not.
We were talking of the new case where you go into Shotgun Mode as soon as you draw your blade, instead of pressing Tab manually.

I think I will change the Tab functionality to no longer be gun-dependent at all but to use your ability instead.
So even with the Pump Shotgun itself, it would not be enabled until you get the perk.

The only exceptions would be Bartolomeu's Quest Gun and the Long Rifle with Telescope attached because those will bypass the whole Tab-pressing option altogether.

There are 3 guns which will go to shotgun no matter if you have the perk or not.
Do you mean musket, pistol10 and pistol3_14? Or my 3 new LongRifles?

Ok that's answered already.

We were talking of the new case where you go into Shotgun Mode as soon as you draw your blade, instead of pressing Tab manually.

I think I will change the Tab functionality to no longer be gun-dependent at all but to use your ability instead.
So even with the Pump Shotgun itself, it would not be enabled until you get the perk.

The only exceptions would be Bartolomeu's Quest Gun and the Long Rifle with Telescope attached because those will bypass the whole Tab-pressing option altogether.

its like that already, only the pump shotgun can also go to shotgun mode without the perk. you can remove that one if you want, but I think we should keep it. Or maybe (or also) add the unlocking of the perk also when you obtain the pump shotgun.

Anyone got any thoughts about the below?
5. The Long Rifle and Telescope will be available somewhere during regular play.
^ NEED SOME INPUT HERE, since where will you GET these two items? Ideally in very different places in interesting yet relatively simple ways!
@Levis? How about you?

its like that already, only the pump shotgun can also go to shotgun mode without the perk.
Ah! Haven't looked at your latest code yet since I saw it posted only a few minutes before I left to work.

you can remove that one if you want, but I think we should keep it.
If we do have an ability for it, I'd like that to actually be required.

Or maybe (or also) add the unlocking of the perk also when you obtain the pump shotgun.
That is definitely an idea. :yes

That being said, while it IS called "Shotgun Mode", the advantage of the actual Pump Shotgun is that it fires very rapidly and does a lot of damage.
So even without the "First Person Shooting Mode" it would be a useful item. And "Shotgun Mode" will from now on no longer be something unique, but an optional part of regular gameplay.

Would be nice to put something TRULY special in the Maltese Knight Abbey, so that might be an idea.
Doesn't make much sense for such a modern weapon to be there, but perhaps a previous "excorcist" took it with him to deal with the 'monks' and he died.
In that case, it would be cool to put it on a dead skeleton or a corpse or so.

Then as for the telescope, perhaps that can be linked to one of your Blacksmith Fetch Quests?
Or otherwise be provided by a blacksmith as was suggested earlier.
That does seem quite sensible and is also a very different way of getting it than the rifle itself.

I said that already erlier, that this would be a nice solution :D

And for the sound.. maybe replace the old odd musket-sound with this new one? The old musket sound is quite odd imo

The gunsmith has the unlocking of the perk already. But maybe we can do something with the curch?
I mean as far as I know historicaly speaking round that time the curch actually motivated research and optics was a safe area of research. Would it be an idea to have one of the priests give it to you as reward for something, saying they found some scetches in a vault in florence with this on it and they tried to make it?

I like adding the gun to the maltese knight dungeon, and adding some kind of exorcist would be nice, again saying the curch does some research its not strange for them to hire a exorcist who has something 'extra' :p.

Maybe we can find a name of a famour excocist from that time?
Else please give him the lastname Winchester :p.

@Levis: LOL! :rofl

What kind of church-related thing is already in place in the game that we could use of? If nothing, it would need to be added.
Additionally, would that not make the Long Rifle a bit too church-related?

Perhaps the Telescope could be up for sale from a very special trader somewhere? Or a scientist/inventor somewhere?
Actually, how about putting the Standard storyline inventor permanently in his lighthouse with that thing for sale?

Note that I want to get this sorted as simply as possible for now since we want to get the Beta 3.3 WIP finished as soon as possible.
We can make things more fancy later, but for now I'll settle for "good enough and workable".

So what kind of SIMPLE solution can we think of as placeholder?

Then I'd say add another inventor somewhere and let him give it to you. if you pay him some money.
I sugest making a new character for this one.

Oh.. I thought he wanted to make sounds for the new rifles and not for the musket? Well, as long as those earbleeding old sound are gone^^
Jack Rackham was the one who added those sounds, so I don't just want to replace his work without him being OK with it.

Then I'd say add another inventor somewhere and let him give it to you. if you pay him some money.
I sugest making a new character for this one.
Is there anything we can do with an existing character/system? Just to save development time for now?

Back