• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Flags: Additional Personal and Pirate Flags

From what I saw the Bartolomeu and Elting personal flags are into perflg2 and it seems there is a slot to add a new one. So, can I add the personal one there?
NO! There are no unused slots in any of the currently used files. The apparently empty slot is deliberately transparent and IS used. If you fill that, you might see two flags at the same point.
This is what @pedrwyth's added files were needed for. One is available in the ZIP here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
The other will be added in the new EXE tonight.

Well, in the zip there are two files and I checked, both have 7 flags so I can add nothing.

Last edited:
Well, in the zip there are two files and I checked, both have 7 flags so I can add nothing.
perflag7 and perflg8 have got plenty of space as most of the ones on there are copies from already existing files.
Those are just placeholders and can be overwritten. If I recall, only the first three in perflag7 serve a specific purpose right now.

Here's perflag6, so which one I can substitute?

perflg6.jpg

Looking at existing flag files, a single flag should be 256 x 128. Additionally, all the flags are superimposed onto a nice texture to make them appear to be made from cloth rather than paper. Colours do not appear to be quite as intense as that - look at the reds in "perflg2", for example. All of which means that this is probably what you want flying on Roxanne's ship:

roxanne.jpg

I like this texture for the Roxanne's flag. Can you add it to the file? But remember this one is a pirate flag.

About her personal flag, why not work on this model?
image.png

Here's perflag6, so which one I can substitute?
That Swedish flag looked ever so slightly different for some reason, but definitely those last three are pure copies.
Maybe @Jack Rackham will be able to determine what should be done with that one.

Looking at existing flag files, a single flag should be 256 x 128. Additionally, all the flags are superimposed onto a nice texture to make them appear to be made from cloth rather than paper. Colours do not appear to be quite as intense as that - look at the reds in "perflg2", for example. All of which means that this is probably what you want flying on Roxanne's ship:
Wow, that's good, that is! Looks to fit right in. :bow
How'd you do that? We'll need something similar done for all other flags we're adding now.

And whoever put the first three flags into "perflg6" doesn't seem to have found the texture background...
Pedrwyth added those as temporary placeholders as he's mainly a coder and not an expert on texturing.
They'll definitely need updating to match the quality of the other flags we've got. :yes

About her personal flag, why not work on this model?
I think that one is already in there as French merchant flag in one of the periods, I think.

Wow, that's good, that is! Looks to fit right in. :bow
How'd you do that? We'll need something similar done for all other flags we're adding now.
I'm having a bit of fun with Photoshop. :) Put the other flags somewhere I can get at them, and I'll see what I can do.

Pedrwyth added those as temporary placeholders as he's mainly a coder and not an expert on texturing.
They'll definitely need updating to match the quality of the other flags we've got. :yes
Already on it. ;)

I think that one is already in there as French merchant flag in one of the periods, I think.
It's included in the merchant flag in most periods and is the naval flag in "Early Explorers". Of particular concern to Roxanne, who lives in "Spanish Main", is that it forms the shield in the middle of the naval flag. But its close association with the royal flag would mean Roxanne probably wouldn't use it as her personal flag, at least not where any French official forces could see her. ;)

With the same colours?
Yep, see shpflg1.tga.tx .
upload_2015-7-30_17-39-10.png

I'm having a bit of fun with Photoshop. :) Put the other flags somewhere I can get at them, and I'll see what I can do.
At the moment it is mainly these ones that need updating:
upload_2015-7-30_17-40-7.png

upload_2015-7-30_17-40-41.png

I'm not entirely sure what the ones I marked in red are for, but @pedrwyth probably added them for a reason.
They aren't in the current ZIP, but will be in the next EXE.

To fill the other remaining spots, here are some suggestions of mine:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/additional-personal-and-pirate-flags.24912/#post-513065
That post and the next also contain various ones already done by other people that you could include.

Also needed are updated matching files for here: RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\Flags

It will definitely save me a lot of trouble if you can work on this. Thanks for looking into it! :bow

The bottom right which @Pieter Boelen marked I would like to keep ingame. I think I'm going to use that one later on.

If it should be exact the cross on the swedish flag shouldn't be in the middle...
Thanks! In that case, the Swedish flag in perflg5.tga should be moved so the cross isn't in the middle and the ones in 6 and 7 can be replaced with something else.

Do you know which one that is?
It's the flag jean lafitte used for his colony.
I'm probably going to use this as a "smugglers" colony flag in the smugglers quests (which I'm working on).

Back