• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Flags: Additional Personal and Pirate Flags

It's the flag jean lafitte used for his colony.
I'm probably going to use this as a "smugglers" colony flag in the smugglers quests (which I'm working on).
Ah, that explains why @pedrwyth added it. I've set it as Lafitte's personal flag now.

Then that first one I marked is probably meant as Milady de Winter's, since there is a yellow Fleur-de-Lis on it, though it is hard to see on a small image.
I was admittedly imagining something more along the lines of a black Fleur-de-Lis because of Milday de Winter's famous tattoo.

Ah, that explains why @pedrwyth added it. I've set it as Lafitte's personal flag now.

Then that first one I marked is probably meant as Milady de Winter's, since there is a yellow Fleur-de-Lis on it, though it is hard to see on a small image.
I was admittedly imagining something more along the lines of a black Fleur-de-Lis because of Milday de Winter's famous tattoo.
No please keep the bloodred flag as jean lafitte's flag.
He only addepted this flag way later and used it for the colony only. On his own ship he still used the bloodred flag.

No please keep the bloodred flag as jean lafitte's flag.
He only addepted this flag way later and used it for the colony only. On his own ship he still used the bloodred flag.
Blood red one is his PIRATE flag. This one is now his PERSONAL flag. So he can have BOTH. ;)

There are four slots available in "perflg6". The middle flag in your selection above is John Paul Jones' "Serapis" flag and the one on the right is @Levis' suggestion for Jean Lafitte. I've added those.

What is that one with the scimitars and fleur-de-lis on the left? Beyond that, there's one slot left, and that's needed for Roxanne Lalliere's personal flag, which @Bartolomeu o Portugues will need to design if the mermaid with the big (...) is to be the pirate flag and the triple fleur-de-lis on blue background is already claimed by French royalty.

There are four slots available in "perflg6". The middle flag in your selection above is John Paul Jones' "Serapis" flag and the one on the right is @Levis' suggestion for Jean Lafitte. I've added those.
Indeed I know about the Serapis flag and that one is already set for John Paul Jones. Better keep that for sure! :cheeky

What is that one with the scimitars and fleur-de-lis on the left? Beyond that, there's one slot left, and that's needed for Roxanne Lalliere's personal flag, which @Bartolomeu o Portugues will need to design if the mermaid with the big (...) is to be the pirate flag and the triple fleur-de-lis on blue background is already claimed by French royalty.
I think I just figured that one out a few minutes ago:

Milady de Winter is supposed to be an agent. Great big scimitars do not seem to me to be all that appropriate. ;) Perhaps daggers instead...
milady.jpg

Milady de Winter is supposed to be an agent. Great big scimitars do not seem to me to be all that appropriate. ;) Perhaps daggers instead...
View attachment 22143

Fine I'm not fussed -yellow was what I could easily snatch on line. The scimitars because she was Baroness Sheffield so check out Sheffield United FC emblem (with fleur de lis instead of Yorkshire rose)- just a joke. Just placeholders till real modellers could pick them up.

Last edited:
Fine I'm not fussed -yellow was what I could easily snatch on line. The scimitars because she was Baroness Sheffield so check out Sheffield United FC emblem (with fleur de lis instead of Yorkshire rose)- just a joke. Just placeholders till real modellers could pick them up.
Seriously? That IS definitely hilarious! Thanks for sharing your story behind the flag! :rofl :bow
Perhaps if there is still space left, it would be nice to keep as a little in-joke. I'm generally all for those. :cheeky

That is pretty cool, that is!
Are you still able to edit that one? I'd be curious to see what it looks like with the Fleur-de-Lis larger.
But definitely very clever! Almost strange that it is white as a personal flag; it looks really quite piratey, doesn't it?

I think there should be a sign of christianity in the flag for milady de Winter, afterall she was a spy for a cardinal

I think there should be a sign of christianity in the flag for milady de Winter, afterall she was a spy for a cardinal
It'll be a VERY busy flag then. I think small details are difficult to pick up on a moving flag or in the small icons.
If we want the best of ALL worlds, I'd suggest having a pirate flag for her with the daggers and a personal flag with a black Fleur-de-Lis and some Christian symbol or so.
But since it is @Grey Roger doing this, I reckon he can figure out what exactly he wants. The character was his idea anyway. :cheeky

It'll be a VERY busy flag then. I think small details are difficult to pick up on a moving flag or in the small icons.
If we want the best of ALL worlds, I'd suggest having a pirate flag for her with the daggers and a personal flag with a black Fleur-de-Lis and some Christian symbol or so.
But since it is @Grey Roger doing this, I reckon he can figure out what exactly he wants. The character was his idea anyway. :cheeky
No other way around it is then :p.
She was secretly in the service of the cardinal so her pirate flag should have that.
As far as I know it wasn't that much a secret she was kinda dangerous already :p. So take what we have now as personal I'd say and make something else for a pirate flag :).

No other way around it is then :p.
She was secretly in the service of the cardinal so her pirate flag should have that.
As far as I know it wasn't that much a secret she was kinda dangerous already :p. So take what we have now as personal I'd say and make something else for a pirate flag :).
I'm OK with everything. :cheeky

Thinking about it a bit more, I'd say the black fleur-de-lis also belongs on the pirate flag. It was no tattoo, it was a brand marking her as a convicted criminal and she normally tried to hide it.

The Christian symbol could go on the personal flag. Actually, that ties in nicely with what I had in mind, which is to have the same layout as the pirate flag but with a gold (yellow) fleur-de-lis instead of black, symbolising French nobility; and something more innocent crossed below. The pirate flag would then effectively be an evil twin of the personal flag. So for Christianity, specifically service to the Catholic church headed by Cardinal Richelieu, perhaps a pair of crossed keys.

Thinking about it a bit more, I'd say the black fleur-de-lis also belongs on the pirate flag. It was no tattoo, it was a brand marking her as a convicted criminal and she normally tried to hide it.
True, that. :yes

So for Christianity, specifically service to the Catholic church headed by Cardinal Richelieu, perhaps a pair of crossed keys.
Curious that you should say that; we do already have a personal flag with two crossed keys and that is actually the one I assigned to Milady when we didn't have anything special for her just yet.

Sounds like you've got some good ideas! :onya

A yellow fleur de lis who'd have thought? :shrug

Seriously I think one flag should be reserved as "your flag here" so that all those poor souls whose reallife nation is not already catered for in the Caribbean of the time can sail the Main under their own colours (if they mod the flag themselves). It's a small thing but seems a common "wow" for people to be able to do.

Actually if all (or at least 7) of the existing plethora of odd nation flags were moved to the last row (number 8) freeing up their slots for relevant in game flags then that row could have a number of alias strip flag and pennant (and icon & crest files to match ) pre-prepared with national flags - much as @Pieter Boelen already uploaded in batches above. A simple text file could outline which flags were in which strip and give cut & paste instructions for placing the files (or even dare I say it a small batch file - we really are getting into a dumbed down scenario here) and you have a multi-national choice of personal flag ability on or just after install. They can then be swapped in or out with no fear of overwriting a flag used specifically somewhere within the build.

Seriously I think one flag should be reserved as "your flag here" so that all those poor souls whose reallife nation is not already catered for in the Caribbean of the time can sail the Main under their own colours (if they mod the flag themselves). It's a small thing but seems a common "wow" for people to be able to do.
I definitely agree that now we have SO many options, we should ensure that at least one of the choices isn't required for a certain character.
Perhaps even make an obvious placeholder so people will know they can put their own flag there. But it would still need to look professional, otherwise it would seem strange in the interface.

Back