• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Flags: Additional Personal and Pirate Flags

Irish flag, pennant and interface flag for "Brave Black Flag". (Shouldn't that be "Brave Green Flag"? :D)

Attachments

• bbf.zip
    416.5 KB · Views: 106
Out of curiosity, is Milady's pirate flag in there too?
And are there thoughts already on the extra row of personal flags that we can use now?

I haven't done anything with pirate flags. Time now to get back to my other projects, polishing up "Hornblower" and fiddling with international relations in free-play...

For anyone else who wants to play with flags, here are the blank flag and shield which can be used as the basis for custom flags and crests.

Attachments

• blank.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Crest_Neutral.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 98
Brilliant, thanks! I'm looking forward to installing this in my game tomorrow.
Maybe I'll have a play around with adding some more flags myself later.
But from the looks of it, you have given us a great solid base to work from again. :onya

Try this. It has updated personal pennants for Milady and Roxanne, as well as John Paul Jones and Jean Lafitte. I still haven't done anything to pirate flags.

Attachments

• perpnt6.tga.tx.zip
    182.4 KB · Views: 91
This texture file also needs to be improved; it is too flat at the moment:
upload_2015-8-10_1-28-32.png

The file is Crest_Pirate52.tga.tx .

Here I am, having recently captured the Mefisto, flying the red flag with an arm and a sword, next to St. Pierre fort, and it's not firing at me. Why not?

pirates_in_port.jpg

There's not much difference between a pirate and personal flag. In this case it's the literal truth. One of the personal flags is also a red flag with an arm and a sword. The personal one has a blue sleeve, and that's what I'm flying. And I'm personally on good terms with France.

Here I am, having recently captured the Mefisto, flying the red flag with an arm and a sword, next to St. Pierre fort, and it's not firing at me. Why not?
Just for a second there I thought the sea relations were still broken! :shock

Indeed that personal flag is a bit of a weird one; might be better if it were moved to one of the unused pirate files instead.

There are still some pirate flags that @Grey Roger made not included in the game files.
Before we can do that, we also need the interface images plus enough to fill the entire row.
Otherwise they can't be used for the Beta 4 public release. Would be a bit of a shame, since those are cool flags.

So bottom line is we need a few more flags?

Maybe we should have some VOC flags or other flags for traders in there as well?

The green one I have seen. A third Bart. Roberts?
There are two little strange ones: 2:4 and 3:6.
Also 2 flags that often appears (possibly fictional) but not used here. See picture. Make a change?

Attachments

• quelch_flag.gif
    quelch_flag.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 91
  • worley_flag.gif
    worley_flag.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 151
There is a WIC flag for Dutch traders already.
That one is similar to the VOC one but more geographically appropriate. :cheeky

Back