• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Flags: Additional Personal and Pirate Flags

We still have plenty space for more pirate flags, so feel free to add more! :cheers

That bird on the Danish flag may be to make it a personal flag for Nathaniel HAWK.
F*** I just changed it.
So how do we do?
There's a swedish personal flag but the danish had more interests than the swedes in the carribean.

I don't think it is actually in use as default for the Standard Storyline, is it?
If so, it didn't serve its purpose anyway so nobody should miss it now. ;)

We still have plenty space for more pirate flags, so feel free to add more! :cheers
Good. In that case I suggest those 2 above + maybe a complete black one.

Perhaps also space for both the real danish and Hawk's bird flag?

Don't know how to add flags though.

The last row in the texture files isn't in use. Just fill that one with the flags you'd like to add.
Getting it used in the game requires chanting one number in InternalSettings.h . Can't check the exact one now, but @pedrwyth would know too.

A completely Black Flag should go under the Pirate ones.
In fact, there used to be one, but it was replaced with the smoking skull flag.
You can still find the file for it in probably Beta 3, maybe 2.5 .
I think there was a Danish flag already in there too which you could commandeer.

When adding flags, the crests and small ones need to be added in resource\textures\interfaces\flags and \crests too.

A bunch of posts have been moved here to keep them separate from the talks about a new Wiki page about flags.
Many, many flags are available from my attachments in the opening page of this thread:
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | PiratesAhoy!
Would be nice to add the best ones to fill those remaining unused spots in the flag texture files.

Also available from the first page here is @pedrwyth's explanation on how to enable the additional rows of flags:
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | PiratesAhoy!

Just to be sure, am I still missing out on [the] pirate flag for Milady and Roxanne?
You did post those earlier:
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | Page 5 | PiratesAhoy!
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | Page 4 | PiratesAhoy!
@Jack Rackham: When you are adding pirate flags, these two definitely can't be left out; we need them for story purposes. :doff

Perhaps if we're designing more Pirate flags, the Animists can have something more distinctive. It still won't be exclusively an Animist flag, of course - none of the Pirate or Personal flags are exclusive since anyone can choose any of them, but it might be good to have a default flag for the Animists that isn't also the default flag for a storyline main character. :D

I'd definitely welcome that. :yes

none of the Pirate or Personal flags are exclusive since anyone can choose any of them
The Jack Sparrow pirate flag at least won't be used by random pirates in the game.
All the other ones are fair game though, which isn't quite ideal...

Where can I find the pentagram on the floor of the Animists' cave? Or their medallion?

Where can I find the pentagram on the floor of the Animists' cave? Or their medallion?
The medallion is a texture in RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\items#.tga.tx (can't remember the exact one and cannot check now).
For the floor texture, you can use GM Viewer to figure out the texture files used by the Animist Cave model.

Perhaps if we're designing more Pirate flags, the Animists can have something more distinctive. It still won't be exclusively an Animist flag, of course - none of the Pirate or Personal flags are exclusive since anyone can choose any of them, but it might be good to have a default flag for the Animists that isn't also the default flag for a storyline main character. :D

I'd definitely welcome that. :yes

The Jack Sparrow pirate flag at least won't be used by random pirates in the game.
All the other ones are fair game though, which isn't quite ideal...

If you want character pirate/personal flags that can't be chosen in game by the player I think you just need to make a set of textures for say line 6 for the pirates but don't turn it on in the interface. I think they would still be loaded in game (pretty simple to check that anyway). Characters have their flag chosen by code so they don't need to be in the selection interface. Once before I suggested moving some of the personal flags (to keep additional nations together) but the same trick should work for character ones move them to line 8 but don't enable it. Of course other flags would need to placed in the gaps created but it is really just cut and paste in the strip files and renaming the separate flag/pennant/crest files.

If you want character pirate/personal flags that can't be chosen in game by the player I think you just need to make a set of textures for say line 6 for the pirates but don't turn it on in the interface. I think they would still be loaded in game (pretty simple to check that anyway). Characters have their flag chosen by code so they don't need to be in the selection interface. Once before I suggested moving some of the personal flags (to keep additional nations together) but the same trick should work for character ones move them to line 8 but don't enable it. Of course other flags would need to placed in the gaps created but it is really just cut and paste in the strip files and renaming the separate flag/pennant/crest files.
That might work! Hide a whole line of flag textures from the interface, so those should work ONLY if they're pre-set in the storyline/initModels code or applied to characters in their init files.

Not sure if that is actually needed for personal flags though; if players want to select "inappropriate" ones(?), who are we to say they can't?
But something similar may work very well to avoid the Jack Sparrow and Brave Black Flag pirate flags and any others on the same line from appearing randomly in the game. :onya

Just for information: I'm making another row of pirate flags. I've got the 2 last spots
unused if someone wants something special. So we don't mess up for each other.

Just for information: I'm making another row of pirate flags. I've got the 2 last spots
unused if someone wants something special. So we don't mess up for each other.
Thanks a lot for doing that!

Did you include these two already?
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | Page 5 | PiratesAhoy!
WIP - Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | Page 4 | PiratesAhoy!
If not, they would make fine additions for those last two spots.

Based on @pedrwyth's suggestion, we may also want to move some of those flags around.
Have one final "hidden" texture that contains the ones we don't want to appear at random in the game.
At the moment that would be Jack Sparrow's and the Brave Black Flag one plus those two I linked to above.
And whatever unique ones that you would like to include as well.

For the final Beta 4 release, we will need fully filled texture files though.
Possible the "hidden and disabled" one can be left incomplete though.
But all the "generic" ones should be part of a completely file because otherwise we can't include them in the various flag selecton interfaces.
Reason being that they can be enabled/disabled per row, not per flag.

The medallion is a texture in RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\items#.tga.tx (can't remember the exact one and cannot check now).
For the floor texture, you can use GM Viewer to figure out the texture files used by the Animist Cave model.
The only textures I could find for the cave were for the mandala variant used in "Woodes Rogers". Having failed to find anything useful via GM Viewer or TX Converter, I loaded up a savegame from after I'd defeated the Animists, went back to the cave and took a screenshot of the throne (better than getting the floor because it's upright and squarely in front of you). A bit of Photoshop trickery and...
animist_flag.jpg animist_pennant.jpg

Here are the .tga.tx files.

Attachments

• animist_flags.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 109
Clever! :rofl

Thanks @Grey Roger! So then we need another line of pirate flags that include the three you've now prepared.
I wonder if @Jack Rackham would be willing to assist with that too? I'd definitely like to see them in the game! :cheers

The other 2 are Roxanne's pirate flag and Milady's right?
They are indeed.

If you can, could you move Jack Sparrow's AND the Brave Black Flag one on that same row? Then maybe later we can avoid that row of flags being used by random pirates altogether.
That would free you up to add whatever other pirate flags you feel like adding to finish the row. There can be some more "non-generic" ones there.
And then of course Jack's and the BFF spot would then need to be filled with appropriately generic ones instead.

Back