• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde from PotBS - ported by pgargon

Fantastic news Indeed! :woot

Just how much is left to do on her?

I've wanted to get my hands on this ship again for some time now. :wub:

Once the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde is done the only major ship that will remain on my to re-obtain list will be Remus77's Christianus Sixtus or Trinity which I pray gets worked on soon.

I tried looking at the Trinity myself but Maya proved to be WAY out of my league. :wacko: I simply don't know my stern section from my elbow when it comes to that program. (I couldn't even load the model even after the hex editor version adjustment :modding ). So I'm requesting that someone else take it from here.

Fantastic news Indeed! :woot

Just how much is left to do on her?

I've wanted to get my hands on this ship again for some time now. :wub:

Once the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde is done the only major ship that will remain on my to re-obtain list will be Remus77's Christianus Sixtus or Trinity which I pray gets worked on soon.

I tried looking at the Trinity myself but Maya proved to be WAY out of my league. :wacko: I simply don't know my stern section from my elbow when it comes to that program. (I couldn't even load the model even after the hex editor version adjustment :modding ). So I'm requesting that someone else take it from here.

From the POTBS ships I would also love to see KrisWood's Centurion as well. The Mordaunt is our only really good 17th century mid-rated English man-o-war right now. As much as I love the 17th Century Dutch ships I would really like to see a few 17th cent English as well like the Royal Catherine or the Prince. We have a model we imported into GOF from the Russian mods called the LINK that looks very much like the Prince. The dimensions and lines are correct, but it lacks the finish of proper decorations and coloring, railings, etc... I've always hoped Craiggo would photoshop the stern galleries both on the sides and the aft windows/taffrail decorations of the LINK with a good model of the HMS Prince or Royal Catherine.

MK

KrisWood's HMS Centurion WOULD make a nice addition to the build mod and GoF as would ALL of Remus77 other ships. I'm really pulling for the Trinity of course as I actually had one for a very brief period in PotBS (and I want her BACK). She was the biggest ship I ever got (and ever WILL get) as those FLS clowns and the game's retarded remaining player base saw fit to remove the ability to make her and all others of it's kind because most PotBS players get their butts kicked by them and they don't care to actually learn how to fight larger but slower ships so they just try to take the easy way out and cry nerf.

Anyhow I just took a look at the LINK1 and she doesn't actually look like the HMS Prince to me but the LINK's overall bow/stern shape as well as gun compliment does however remind me more of the Zeven Provincien (not that horrible extra-gunned, repainted stock pinnace model they have representing her) or other dutch 84-gun ships.

In any case if converted the Link1 would make for a decent 2nd rate lineship for the build mod and would compliment the anxiously awaited Trinity nicely.

What's this I hear about a decent 2nd Rate? We need some of them urgently for the Build Mod!
The Trinity will of course help to fill that role once she's fully converted, but in the meantime I'm keen to check out this 'Link' ship... :will

Your the man PG!
me.gif

What's this I hear about a decent 2nd Rate? We need some of them urgently for the Build Mod!
The Trinity will of course help to fill that role once she's fully converted, but in the meantime I'm keen to check out this 'Link' ship... :will

Yup I'm as surprised as you are armada.

I'm currently studying the Link1 myself unfortunately the ship doesn't seem to be coded into the game however I was able to count 82 guns on the model and the ship itself is the spinning image of the heavily requested dutch Zeven Provincien and it it may very well have been intended to be that ship given the dutch crest on the stern section. Zeven Provincien or not she actually looks good. I'm actually going to try testing the ship in B13 fairly soon once I make a scratch init for it.

UPDATE: One of the Link1's alternate skins I found has just confirmed my hunch. The Link1 IS in fact the Zeven Provincien. Time to off the modified merchant ship pretending to be this ship and put the real McCoy here in.

Yup I'm as surprised as you are armada.

I'm currently studying the Link1 myself unfortunately the ship doesn't seem to be coded into the game however I was able to count 82 guns on the model and the ship itself is the spinning image of the heavily requested dutch Zeven Provincien and it it may very well have been intended to be that ship given the dutch crest on the stern section. Zeven Provincien or not she actually looks good. I'm actually going to try testing the ship in B13 fairly soon once I make a scratch init for it.

UPDATE: One of the Link1's alternate skins I found has just confirmed my hunch. The Link1 IS in fact the Zeven Provincien. Time to off the modified merchant ship pretending to be this ship and put the real McCoy here in.

I stand corrected. Yeah I thought the same thing about the Link also. Last Christmas I asked Craiggo to make the additional skin based on the pictures of large Dutch man o war on my Flickr Photo stream. The photoshop work he did was not from the Zeven Provincien as you suppose, but from the model Friesland and pics from the Hollandia. It still doesn't look right, because the model originally had a very French looking balcony which Craiggo photoshopped over. Also I asked him to thicken up the bow because while it has the right shape, it looks too weak and thin. He said there was nothing he could do. He was able to photoshop over a really ugly decoration I wanted to do away with in the ships waist, but it still doesn't look right because there are no guns there.

The other ship Craiggo brought in from the Russian mods we called 2nd rate or 3rd rate Man of War. That's the one that looks like the Prince or Royal Catherine. I'm glad the discussion allowed you to see the work Craiggo did on Link though. She is an interesting ship. I was very excited when I first saw her, and she has a lot of potential if someone wanted to work on her. Look at the 2nd/3rd rate man o war also. There is a lot that could be done with her as well. She looks just like an English 17th century mid rate. I just got them mixed up. Whoops!

MK

Where are those ships available for download? I'd like to take a look at them, just to see what kind of work might need doing to them.

Where are those ships available for download? I'd like to take a look at them, just to see what kind of work might need doing to them.

You can download the latest GOF mod and just extract the Link1 folder. I think the other ship we renamed. I want to say we replaced lineship47 or lineship51 with that ship, but I can't remember. Craiggo would remember. He was the guy who brought in all those great ships from the Russians. You should give them all a look. There's a ton we have in GOF that aren't in the New Horizons builds. All of Craiggo's beautiful skins are there too. He tried to make three different skins for each ship.

MK

The other ship Craiggo brought in from the Russian mods we called 2nd rate or 3rd rate Man of War. That's the one that looks like the Prince or Royal Catherine. I'm glad the discussion allowed you to see the work Craiggo did on Link though. She is an interesting ship. I was very excited when I first saw her, and she has a lot of potential if someone wanted to work on her. Look at the 2nd/3rd rate man o war also. There is a lot that could be done with her as well. She looks just like an English 17th century mid rate. I just got them mixed up. Whoops!

MK

Hmm I can't seem to find this ship model. What version of GoF is it in?

I might need the download link.

The Prince is also on my to-get list.

Ok I found the other Lineship now but she's more of a 3rd rate and not the 100-gun 1st rate HMS Prince is supposed to be.

But good thinking on looking for an HMS prince there MK. :yes

Maybe when pgargon finishes the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde and any other projects we can convince him to make HMS prince for his next ship.

In the past I has many problem with my computer but now it all okay.
"Friedrich Wilhelm zu Perde" coming soon. :onya

FWzP002.jpg

Back