• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

ty MK for the answer this few days almost a week if im not wrong lol i was trying to fix the freeze in game when some1 (npc or me) shoted a cannon,it caused the game to freeze during the action, i tried lots of stuff's, i think the problem is on the SEA_AI directory since it is the folder than countain the code for this kind of stuff i changed some value's on the file's there after, some i would say 150 test's and im not joking i reduced the freeze by like 30% but it still freeze's a lot i deletde the line in AIBalls.c that says the system to use the balls model well it work no freeze at all but i got a new bug that the damage of every shot made by me or enemy the damage is 0 so had to revert to the old one tried everythink i know about C but failed i hope u guyz have more luck than me xD i also found some bug's
for example i can acess bermuda island but i cant get out only if i get my ship near to rock in world map and then go to the sea and make it manually.
sometime's when im on city and i go to the sea while the scren load i hear a beep made by sound card weird stuff
and everytime i have a fight at night its even worse than the cannon bug 100% lag all fight but it always happened to me since i applyied mods with vanilla work's fine sometime's, this game is more of a challenge to code than to play and have fun thats for sure.

well i said everything i know later

I'm dont able to play.. its says to me that the drivers need to be installed ..
but when i click OK to install its says to me that has a problem and dont let me to install..
maybe cause i dont have 7 zip ?
only RAR .

pls help me.

Please help me,

I just installed GOF 1.2 on my computer.
Everything seems to be fine, but I'm not able to buy anything in Stores.

I can sell my hole Ship and stuff, but I can't even buy a single Ration for my Crew.

What shall I do now?

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english, but I hope you know what I mean.

Are you in a friendly port or are you in an enemy port? Maybe the merchants will not sell to you because you are an enemy.

Ahoy! i have an very annoying bug, i cant board, btw i can be boarded, first times it worked, but after some time i just dont get the option to board, as with an full crew enemies refuse to board me. Ex: I am atm neutral with united provinces, and i am atempting to board another united ship (Pirate propositions ship).

I had that bug once, i started a new game, but after sone time i got the bug again. I have only a treasurer and me, no fighter officer.

That is a well known bug. A year ago or more someone came up with a solution, but it is now buried in these forums. Do a search and you will find many comments and threads about it.

Ahoy! i have an very annoying bug, i cant board, btw i can be boarded, first times it worked, but after some time i just dont get the option to board, as with an full crew enemies refuse to board me. Ex: I am atm neutral with united provinces, and i am atempting to board another united ship (Pirate propositions ship).

I had that bug once, i started a new game, but after sone time i got the bug again. I have only a treasurer and me, no fighter officer.

You need to reload your game from a save before this error started occurring.
This is a game breaking bug caused by the added ship captain conversations.
This bug is quite rare, but relates to changes in condition between ships (hostile, neutral, friendly) which is changed when you extort or board ships.

Once the boarding function is broken, it cannot be fixed and you will never be able to board another ship.
The solution is to be careful when talking to ship captains when in "sea mode".

Oh, well, Good bye Van hoorn the loved cannon robber . . .
Does anyone know an game like AOP 2? i meant with an hibrid action/strategy, while u can land and go kill people,get quests at the same time u command a ship . . .

Right now? PotC, with the NH mod is almost the same as CoAS, but from what I heard, more stable.
I don't know of any others that are actually out right now. Our Hearts of Oak project will be similar (although much improved) but will take a lot of time to finish.

Oh, well, Good bye Van hoorn the loved cannon robber . . .
Does anyone know an game like AOP 2? i meant with an hibrid action/strategy, while u can land and go kill people,get quests at the same time u command a ship . . .

Yes, Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own.
The question is:

"Вы говорите по-русски"?

Well, i have tried to download PotC, but i cant find any god damn link that has not a rar pass, and as far as surveys dont work with me, my pirate gaming has sinked.

Well, i have tried to download PotC, but i cant find any god damn link that has not a rar pass, and as far as surveys dont work with me, my pirate gaming has sinked.

The POTC NH ModDB version has no rar password, as linked from the downloads at the top of the page.
I downloaded the latest version just last week for file references, works perfectly fine.
I don't know where you are looking, but stick to files linked from Pirates Ahoy!

Yes, Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own.
The question is:

"Вы говорите по-русски"?

They claimed that they would release an English version, but I haven't heard anything about that lately. Unless you know Russian, the only two options are finding a copy of PotC (try ebay) or waiting for Hearts of Oak. I know people have had some luck with ebay before, but PotC has gotten awfully hard to find.

I'm having an issue where when I start a new Peter Blood game after installing 1.2 of GoF, when I get killed by any of the british guards, I suffer a permadeath. Like, skull on a beach and everything.

If I get killed by the 4th guard after killing 3, then he immediately goes to attack Pitt. If I let myself be killed by one of the other three, they sheath their swords as if the game is working, but I still die permanently instead of being seein in a cutscene.

Any suggestions to what I may have done wrong, or how the scripts or what-have-you might be misfiring on this one?

I'm having an issue where when I start a new Peter Blood game after installing 1.2 of GoF, when I get killed by any of the british guards, I suffer a permadeath. Like, skull on a beach and everything.

If I get killed by the 4th guard after killing 3, then he immediately goes to attack Pitt. If I let myself be killed by one of the other three, they sheath their swords as if the game is working, but I still die permanently instead of being seein in a cutscene.

Any suggestions to what I may have done wrong, or how the scripts or what-have-you might be misfiring on this one?

Some things to note. Well, one really:

I did do some of this editing on a specific file to make it where I can sneakily hide a cutlass on my person as a slave when I want. I like having something to defend myself with in games, and so I feel naked as a slave, and didn't like how they automatically KNEW the moment I stuff something bigger than a dagger under my shirt. :3

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/956868-age-of-pirates-2-city-of-abandoned-ships/50638550

I have never played GOF 1.2 but in ERAS when I die I just start over from the last save. I save just before entering combat and a lot in general.

Is there some way to get killed and not get the skeleton on the beach?

In the first portion of the introductory quest to choosing to be Peter Blood, you are a doctor who is at a mansion to help heal someone who is apparently a rebel/that-other-word-GOF-uses. When you cannot let the English soldiers take that patient captive, and the English soldiers will not let him go without a proper hanging, you are forced to draw your blades and fight over the matter. The player is able, as in the vanilla game, to kill 3 english soldiers before the captain dude beats your health down to zero. At this point in the vanilla game, you have lost all your health, and you and hte English soldiers simultaneously sheath your swords and cutlasses, and you get taken captive with all the other men. You and Pitt survive and get sent to a plantation to spend the rest of your days as slaves by order of a "fair trial".

GOF does not seem to take away this "tutorial" from the game, but there seems to be an issue where when you lose the fight, you get permadeath and the game does not proceed as it would seem to in teh vanilla build.

Either something is wrong with the scripts of the mod, or I am supposed to do something different this time, and I don't know which it is.

...GOF does not seem to take away this "tutorial" from the game, but there seems to be an issue where when you lose the fight, you get permadeath and the game does not proceed as it would seem to in teh vanilla build.

Either something is wrong with the scripts of the mod, or I am supposed to do something different this time, and I don't know which it is.

Well, I could have worded that better. I mean, either I did something wrong moving extracted files over, or tinkering with other stuff, or the mod has some seemingly unique issues in my case, or I am doing something wrong in the quest and the mod has you interact differently now. Those are the three possibilities I see really. :3

I have just scanned this thread and there is no mention of your problem. :shrug Whatever the problem is, it is not common at all.

Back