• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

Most of those are probably not possible in this game engine, but we'll keep 'em in mind for Hearts of Oak.

However:
3. I'm working on implementing a customize option for the Select Storyline interface that allows you to select your character model
4. This same code also includes modified flags code, which will allow selection from ALL personal and pirate flags in the game, regardless of Period
6. Does this qualify as a Sea Monster?
NewKrakenAttack.jpg
I'm excited by the changes he had seen, hopefully everything goes right.
6- Sirens .. and I forgot to mention, put some pirates "zombies"
Piratas-do-Caribe-4_Artes-Conceituais-1%252Bartistas+modificados%252Bmonstros.jpg

Piratas-do-Caribe-4_Artes-Conceituais-3%252Bartistas+modificados%252Bmonstros.jpg

Piratas-do-Caribe-4_Artes-Conceituais-7%252Bartistas+modificados.jpg

Just be aware that most people here don't much care for an overkill of fantasy stuff.
We DID add the actual Curse of the Black Pearl in Beta 3 WIP 11, so you can get yourself turning into a skeleton at night.
That has got to count for something. :wp

I don't fast travel so am no help there.

That beach at Curacao has had a problem for a very long time. It was only partially finished.

During the Bart O Port side quest there is no reason to fast travel because something happens in every map except for Santiago, where you need to go from the waterfront to the jungle and back. I don't even fast travel there because I visit with merchants and the shipyard along the way.

At Guadeloupe when getting the Santiago, that one soldier did have an English uniform, but I thought that got fixed a little while back.

The fight on the Santiago works like that. The only actual fighting is when you fight the crew. You can only set the Captain while aboard your ship, in a store, or in a shipyard.

What beta version are you playing?

- The fast travel with Bartolomeuquest is ok if you are intend to have it that way. I thought it was bugged. But the fast travel on other island at the beginning (no talk with Port Royale governor) is a bug. Cayman and the english settlement on Nevis.
- The beach of Curacao isn't finished huh, so can you excluded it from smuggling quest?
- Too bad the guy still in his English uniform, look like an officer uniform. xD No wonder why he doesn't like your french soldier uniform.
- Wish the fight on Santiago would be similar to the quest "rescue kidnapped girl" (the one which i have Nicholas Sharpe as reward)
- I'm playing the 2.5 light version.
You guys don't need to fix it since you are working on the upcoming version. I simply want you guys to know so you can make sure the problems i report don't persist in the new version.

Cheers. Any real problems, we don't want to fix some time of course. Just can't do it all at once. :facepalm

"Those two things are unrelated. Profile errors crop up seemingly randomly.
My recommendation: try not to have too many profiles."

I may have to disagree, the profile error only occur whenever i use the cheated game save. Others save are fine. I have only 1 profile when i try the cheat. The error doesn't occur with normal play.

"Cheers. Any real problems, we don't want to fix some time of course. Just can't do it all at once."
Just make sure the upcoming version is nice and tight without serious error. Eagerly want a stable new version to play the game. So far, the game have a tendency to crash. Loading, moving to new area, fast travel, access store or shipwright, fast travel and mission update, they all cause the game to crash (my game at least).
:bounce Waitng for the new version.

I may have to disagree, the profile error only occur whenever i use the cheated game save. Others save are fine. I have only 1 profile when i try the cheat. The error doesn't occur with normal play.
I use GiveShip2Character ALL the time for testing. Never got any profile errors with to it. I'm certain that it's not related.

Just make sure the upcoming version is nice and tight without serious error. Eagerly want a stable new version to play the game.
We all want a stable game version, of course. But we've made some incredible progress over the past few months. Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 11 is SO much better compared to, say, Build 14 Beta 2.3 or so.

But the next version including the advanced code I'm working on will probably have issues at start that we'll need fixing.
We'll keep it as internal release until we've got it working reasonably well though. But you're best served with Beta 3 WIP 11 for the foreseeable future.

So far, the game have a tendency to crash. Loading, moving to new area, fast travel, access store or shipwright, fast travel and mission update, they all cause the game to crash (my game at least).
I'm pretty sure those problems are NOT normal. Nobody else seems to be having them.:confused:

depends on the hardware. my game had serious issues with a certain shipdeck. Maybe your graphics card can't make it?

It happened to me save game errors, after a good time playing, and saving the game several times, there came a time that I saved but then had nothing, and ended up losing everything, he could no longer save.

Errors Move to another area, has also, and it happened because I stopped missing my character, but without pausing the game for a long time, back there, and fast travel to the deck of my ship and crashed.

I'm not sure, but it seems that the crash that occurred resulted in this log.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 108
Pah, I don't like flag-related errors. Anyway, I'm currently working with nearly completely rewritten flag code, so who knows what will happen next?

Things for new players to be aware of:

1) Having too many profiles does cause problems. This is an old issue that I have experienced myself.

2) The game still does CTD randomly. It happens to me maybe one time a day. Any more CTDs than that and something is wrong somewhere.

3) The Storm engine has a memory leak. This means that the longer one plays, the more likely it is to CTD. Stop, exit the game, and restart every hour or so to prevent memory leaks from crashing your game.

I hope this helps. :dance

1 - Option pirates to recruit mercenaries, ready to ship.
2 - Option: Enable Blood in battles.
3 - The ship has had some explosion, some crewmembers fly upward.
4 - Option to Build ships, taking the necessary materials.

1. Talk to one of your crew on deck, tell them you want some to follow you ashore. You'll then run into characters who'll want to join your crew.

2. Well, the Shotgun Mode has blood. :shrug

3. We've had flying crew on being hit since Build 13. Do you mean something else?

4. You can build your own "town" and repair your ship there.
How would you imagine "building" a ship to work? Same as buying one, but paying with planks or something? o_O

1. Talk to one of your crew on deck, tell them you want some to follow you ashore. You'll then run into characters who'll want to join your crew.

2. Well, the Shotgun Mode has blood. :shrug

3. We've had flying crew on being hit since Build 13. Do you mean something else?

4. You can build your own "town" and repair your ship there.
How would you imagine "building" a ship to work? Same as buying one, but paying with planks or something? o_O

1 - Mercenaries in the taverns with good ships and charging per month, there would be value in accordance with the quality of their ships, or experience it. But with a high cost and, therefore, will help a lot.

3 - I did not notice, you'll see why I did not take many shots, thanks.

4 - I would like to know more about how to buy my own city, had no knowledge about this option, build ships, I mean, take money from certain materials and workmanship to the yard.

1. There are some around, especially in the Standard storyline.
In fact, once you complete the Turks Help sidequest there, I recall you can convince some blighter called "Pieter Boelen" to join forces with you. :guns:

4. Just talk to a tavern-hired officer. They'll tell you all about it. Don't expect it to work quite perfectly, but take it for the fun it is! :cheeky

is it difficult to create a new sound/music-case? I want to add the music from PotC when the dutchman emerges^^ Is that possible at all?

Maybe if you make it a WAV file and trigger it as a sound effect?

PROGRAM\NK.c function SubmergeDutchman() add another PlayStereoSound("objects\shipcharge\ball_splash1.wav"); line, but with a different sound file.

Back