• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP KrisWood's Lyon Hoy small trader, 8 guns

Well I added her to the game, very nice work mate, but I am afraid that she makes a PC beep when you load to her at sea. Do you know how to fix that?
At the moment I don't. There are several other ships that make the same beep, for example, a USS Enterprise schooner and a galeon_l, but only the one from GOF, with more detailed guns, and rigging. The stock one doesn't make the sound. As for me It's not annoying, but I'd fix it if somebody explain me how.

I don't have any game and really just want to sail her around and take some screenshots. What I need to know is, what game do I need to get hold of and what do I do to get her in?

There are a few threads around that discuss the different games. This is just the first one I found. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18167-which-game/

The Lyon Hoy is already set up to go into COAS. The link for the files is in the first post here. I could probably convert it to POTC in a day.

Hey guys,

I just ported her into COAS, but I've done something wrong. I put Nightwatcher's new Revenge in without a problem, but unlike other ships I've ported, this one didn't have the hull files seperated already, so I know I've put textures in the wrong files somewhere. I created the three Hull folders and put the textures for skin 2 and 3 in Hull2 and Hull3. I put all the textures in the main file in Hull1. Can someone tell me exactly what I did wrong. Here's some screens.

MK

Attachments

• start-20111101-1740398.jpg
    start-20111101-1740398.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 259
  • start-20111101-1740261.jpg
    start-20111101-1740261.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 276
For some reason it won't let me edit the last post and delete the screens. :shrug

My edit is: Never mind the last post. I figured it out. BTW she has the "beep" bug.

She is a beauty! :onya My thanks go out to KrisWood and Rider88 for bringing us this work of art!!! Thanks Mates!!! Now do Centurion please!!!! Please, please, please....... :will

MK

Attachments

• start-20111101-1812157.jpg
    start-20111101-1812157.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 174
My edit is: Never mind the last post. I figured it out. BTW she has the "beep" bug.
That's a darn shame. Such a beautiful model with such an infamous bug. :facepalm
I can try to fix the beep if you want. I'll end up doing it for porting to PotC anyway.

P.S. can't you use "Manage attachments" in your profile settings to remove the pics?

Go for it! I just tried to get Lyon Hoy into POTC. No ideer what I did wrong but I got the instacrash. Probably it was something in shipsinit.c.

That's a darn shame. Such a beautiful model with such an infamous bug. :facepalm
I can try to fix the beep if you want. I'll end up doing it for porting to PotC anyway.

P.S. can't you use "Manage attachments" in your profile settings to remove the pics?

It would be great if you try to fix the bug. It is my first exported model, so I have no experience in this procedure and don't even know where to look to fix it. Or you can give me an advice about this and I'll try to fix it myself, just need a direction to look.

Now do Centurion please!!!! Please, please, please....... :will

The Centurion is a cool ship, but I like the 17th century ships better, so not now. I'd better take a Zeven Provincien to put in a game. Btw, I'm going to convert a La Dilligente tartane, when Rotter Lowie will be finished.

Now do Centurion please!!!! Please, please, please....... :will

The Centurion is a cool ship, but I like the 17th century ships better, so not now. I'd better take a Zeven Provincien to put in a game. Btw, I'm going to convert a La Dilligente tartane, when Rotter Lowie will be finished.

Centurion is early 18th cent which makes her fit well. Only reason I brought it up is that it is another one of Kris Wood's ships and we have the files he's provided. Someone just needs to modify her for us like you did for the Lyon.

Still, looking forward to the Roter Lowe and the Zeven Provincien is my very favorite ship, so no arguments from me my friend.

MK

I've updated the model to a 1.01 version (see the first post). Detached a flagpole and connected it to the hull via a locator as a mast3. So if somebody want to put the Lyon hoy to PotC there should be no camera bug on a wide screen monitors.

Thank you. I will give it another try when I am feeling better.

5 minutes later: Can not open file as archive. :sad I'm dead in the water again.

http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Rider88/Lyon1_v1.01.zip
try this one.

I thought I had everything in order. This ship should have worked. Instead my POTC game was killed. The Revenge worked well and is in POTC. What is different about the Lyon Hoy?

What happens when you use this ship in your game? Maybe you can post all your files for her and I can see if I can't convince her to work?

Nothing happens. It crashes before it even loads anything at all. I have no files. In an effort to find the problem I deleted them one by one. All I have is the original files with renamed textures in my folder on the FTP.

Added a new version of Lyon hoy with "beep" bug fixed and improved camera position. See the first post.

Back