• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Making Better use of Indian Weapons

you do need to equip the curare or tar I asume?
I made it so you don't have to. If you got them they will be auto used. Mostly to avoid micro managing.
Also if you're lucky to loot curare in the middle of a fight it can be used directly.

That can be changed. If equipping them is needed it offers a choice.
Should I use my rare curare now or save it for later. Or choose between flaming arrows and poisoned ones.
Flaming arrows set fire only to enemies but in a quest that choice could be used to burn something down.

What do you think?

I made it so you don't have to. If you got them they will be auto used. Mostly to avoid micro managing.
Also if you're lucky to loot curare in the middle of a fight it can be used directly.

Automatic is fine by me; no need to make things more complicated than they already are.

Should I use my rare curare now or save it for later.
Use it for what and where?

I think he means if you have a supply of curare, do you use it up on your arrows right away or keep it for a more serious fight? Personally I'd prefer to choose when to dip them. Having said that, you're rarely going to get them, so if it's easier to just auto-equip the arrows with poison as soon as you have both arrows and poison, it's not going to break the game as they're not a major game element.

Flaming arrows should really be a different ammo type. The arrow needs some sort of incendiary material wrapped round the shaft just behind the head, so it's more involved preparation than simply dipping the tip in a pot of tar. This is what they look like:
130718.jpg

So I'd suggest that regular arrows convert to poison arrows if you have curare, preferably under player control, then convert back to regular arrows if you put them into someone and then retrieve them. Flaming arrows are completely separate, you buy or loot them as flaming arrows and they can never convert or be converted from any other type.

Should I use my rare curare now or save it for later. Or choose between flaming arrows and poisoned ones.
Flaming arrows set fire only to enemies but in a quest that choice could be used to burn something down.

What do you think?
But you can keep them for later (and choose between them) by giving them to an officer to hold (except in the middle of a fight) whilst you use the bow as standard until you reach a scenario where you think you might want them I suppose?

@Levis, I meet some indians without any Bow. I guess it's not intentional with unarmed indians.

They have got a bladearrows equipped (which I added) and some additonal arrows as well. That's strange because those additonal arrows depend on the equipped shottype.

Can I set if(IsIndian) GunProb = 1; In LAi_equip.c ?

There's this situation: you have a few poisoned arrows and some enemies are attaking.
You have already poisoned the first one. Maybe I should prevent from waisting your rare poisoned arrows by using another one on that guy.
An ordinary arrow will be enough.

Does poison stack? As in: If you get hit twice with a poisoned arrow, you'd be twice as poisoned as you were before?

I really don't know.
Neither do I! :dance

But if it DOES stack, which is something I'd consider good to add anyway if it isn't already there,
then shooting two poisoned arrows at the same character actually WOULD serve a purpose, because he'd get killed faster.
Which means that you wouldn't need to add in extra exceptions. Right?

You are probably more familiar with what code controls the "poisoning" than I am.
Would you be able to do a search in the PROGRAM folder and see what it actually does when you get "double poisoned"?

You have this in LAi_events
effects_to_play += " poison";
But searching on any of those 2 words gave nothing.

That is just an effect; it should be something "ai" related.
char.chr_ai.poison or so. Can't remember exactly.

From "LAi_events.c":
Code:
     if( CheckAttribute(weapon, "poison" ) )    // if weapon poisonous
     {
       if(GetAttribute(enemy, "id") == "Blackbeard")   LAi_SetImmortal(enemy, false);   // PB: Blackbeard can be killed only using a Borgiablade
       Log_SetStringToLog(TranslateString("","Victim poisoned!"));
       enemy.chr_ai.poison =  300 ;     // initial targetchr poisoned
       LAi_CharacterPlaySound(enemy, "OBJECTS\Voices\dead\male\dead4.wav");
       effects_to_play += " poison";

if(CheckAttribute(enemy,"itemtrade")) MerchantGuildAttack(enemy, true);   // PB: For streetmerchants only

if(attack.id == "zombie1") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie1_voice", 0.5);   //JRH
       if(attack.id == "zombie2") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie2_voice", 0.5);
       if(attack.id == "zombie3") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie3_voice", 0.5);
       if(attack.id == "zombie4") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie4_voice", 0.5);
       if(attack.id == "zombie5") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie5_voice", 0.5);
       if(attack.id == "zombie6") LAi_QuestDelay("zombie6_voice", 0.5);
     }
So it looks as though if someone is hit by a poisoned weapon then attribute "chr_ai.poison" is set to 300, with no regard for whether the character has already been poisoned.

Thanks, @Grey Roger! :cheers

I think it should then be relatively easy to check if they're already poisoned and, if so, add to that number. :onya

Back