• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Making Better use of Indian Weapons

CreateFantomCharacter also calls this function already. So it's called twice or in sometimes 3 times for a single character :p.
Did it always use to do that? So then the whole "some random characters DON'T get guns/swords" functionality doesn't work?
I think this only really affects:
- The girls in brothels who are NOT supposed to carry weapons
- Indians who are not supposed to carry guns (which now no longer applies, because they can use the BOW GUN now)

Might then be simpler to just put in an exception to take the weapons from those girls AFTER they got them and remove all other calls to that function.

Did it always use to do that? So then the whole "some random characters DON'T get guns/swords" functionality doesn't work?
I think this only really affects:
- The girls in brothels who are NOT supposed to carry weapons
- Indians who are not supposed to carry guns (which now no longer applies, because they can use the BOW GUN now)

Might then be simpler to just put in an exception to take the weapons from those girls AFTER they got them and remove all other calls to that function.
I do still see random characters whitout guns.
I believe somewhere the inventory is reset after the character is created for monsters. So mostly for performance we could look at it. That's why for now I'm not going to change it because it does seem to work. and after the public release I can look into it more...

I can't get enemies to use their Bows any longer. :confused:
I give them a bladearrow but no firing action at all.
@Levis have you seen some NPC active with the Bow lately?

I can't get enemies to use their Bows any longer. :confused:
I give them a bladearrow but no firing action at all.
@Levis have you seen some NPC active with the Bow lately?
Yes, the ones I made using the other command do seem to use it properly ...

like this:
Code:
sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacterExOtAt(true, 0, true, OFFIC_TYPE_GUARD,"isIndian","","", 10, true, 1.0, "indian1", "man", "goto", "goto30");

Ok, "IsIndian" equipped them with a blade and a bow. I think they should be given at least one "bladearrows" as
it seems NPC:s need "ammo" even if they don't consume it. Also there's a little code for their arrow use already.

They didn't use their bows though didn't even got into fight mode.

Where are there any indians in the game now where I can test my bow things?

Pyramid open? Not likely! I fixed it a few months back to be properly locked so you don't get stuck anymore.
But it is closed because there is simply no interior defined.

There are no random Indian names in the game.
I think they just used to be called "An Akellani". Unless that got messed up now too. :facepalm

Ok I found at last one indian using his Bow. Not quite right but it's a start.
Teleported myself in Bartolomeu storyline to case "pontindians". Of the 3 indian that according to
the questreaction file should have equipped bow + arrows only one equipped a bow (+ a tomahawk).

Strange things are going on with this and I have to clear it out before continuing with new stuff is possible.

@Jack Rackham this will make all encounters indians and give them a bow (if they are suppost to cary a gun (increased the odds for them to 1 in 2 or something like that)).
If you are done testing you can remove line 972
Code:
modelInfo.model = "Indians";

then it should work normally again.

I included the isIndian attribute in here for all indians so that should work now :).

Attachments

• LEnc_monsters.c
    70.7 KB · Views: 146
@Levis: Can you check if the previously existing quest Indians are generated correctly now?
If I recall, there were two variations on how they are equipped.

Thanks @Levis. Now it's easy to test. :onya
And yes the indians get Bows now and uses them.

Still some inconsistency concerning the bladearrows though. Probably because of my code. I'll
work with that for a while to start with... :type1

Thanks @Levis. Now it's easy to test. :onya
And yes the indians get Bows now and uses them.

Still some inconsistency concerning the bladearrows though. Probably because of my code. I'll
work with that for a while to start with... :type1
In the NPC_Equip code they should get arrows. so if something is wrong with others that must be for you.
Else check how I made my indians and do it that way :).

Btw do we want to equip them with a quiver also?

Btw do we want to equip them with a quiver also?
Since NPCs don't use up ammo, they shouldn't need an item that allows them to carry more ammo.
If they did, the player could get such items too easily. If they do carry one, it should be RARE!

But my preferred solution would be to not have them carry one at all and allow them to be found only from special places.
This could be your Bridgetown treasure chest or (especially!) the Oranjestad Indian Trader (who currently isn't an Indian trader! :razz ).

Back