• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Citizen Dialogs

Pieter, I haven't played the unmodified game for at least a year and a half, I'll need a list... sorry if this complicates things...

Hispaniola, Port au Prince
Hispaniola, Santo Domingo
Hispaniola, Tortuga
Turks, Grand Turk
Cayman, Grand Cayman
Cuba, Havana
Cuba, Santiago
Guadeloupe, Pointe a Pitre
Saint Martin, Marigot
Saint Martin, Philipsburg
Antigua, St John's
Curacao, Willemstad
Eleuthera, Governor's Harbor
Eleuthera, Alice Town
Aruba, Oranjestad
:doff

k, I'll work on it before too long, if you wait for about a month, I should be able to get it all in before the next patch, I'll post corrected files on here as I go.

I won't be making another patch for another 3+ months anyway, so no worries there. I'm still at sea and will remain so for some time to come...

ah, okay, that's right, I remember now. so, are you still able to download files to put back on your comp. at home? I was just wondering since I'm worried someone might remove the files in here and if you can't get the files downloaded in a couple months, then that could certainly happen...

I download all files straight away and include them in my game version, unless they're too big.

where's the FTP? I'm not sure if I can access it or not.

The FTP is rat cheer http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/ If you have troubles with what is in the 1st post, try the last page.

I'm personally backing up all my dialogs, I'll post the folder with ALL the edited dialogs when I'm complete, however, due to school, this may take up to a month to check ALL of the towns, just be patient :)

k, I should have it done by then, also, what's the name of the dialog file port au prince uses?

"Falaise De Fleur Soldier_dialog.c" at the moment, but that can be changed.

Note that you will need to add some citizen characters to all those towns as well who will use those dialogs, otherwise nobody will.

okay, but if I change that to accommodate port au prince, will that affect any other islands?

If you change the original "Falaise De Fleur Soldier_dialog.c", yes. So make a new one, name it "Port au Prince Soldier_dialog.c" and we can sort out the correct file to be used later on. :yes

okay, you'll have to do that unless you want to teach me how to assign dialog, I'll just make separate files for all the dialogs and then you can assign them later. With exams done and with such a relaxed deadline, I'll probably have them done by the end of the month.

Assigning is done in PROGRAM\Characters\init , but I think the soldier assignments there are overridden elsewhere which would be a bit more complicated to track down.
Will make sure to sort that out for you though. :doff

k, good, also, all I'm going to do is copy and rename dialog files to the corresponding towns, then edit the dialog to work for that town, you'll still have to make all the files that make the dialog actually work (except for the american dialogs, since I posted the c and h files for them) just so you know.

Back