• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Citizen Dialogs

okay, thanks guys, I'll get to work on this in a bit, soon, hopefully, I'll have cayman ready. I plan to put 2 citizens on the beach and 4 in the town which will all read the same dialog (I'll steal some english dialog and just switch up the directions to make it quicker.) Once I have every town done, I post a folder will all the New and improved dialogs.

I put in the character in the cayman init file before the governor yet the character won't show up when I load my save and then go out then back into town... Are you sure there's no specific place I need to put the init code for the character in the cayman init file? and is:

//Áàðòîëîìüþ Ïàðäíåð - Ìåñòíûé êàïèòàí êàáîòàæíîãî ïëàâàíèÿ
ch.old.name = "Bartholomew";
ch.old.lastname = "Pardner";
ch.name = TranslateString("","Bartholomew");
ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Pardner");
ch.id = "Bartholomew Pardner";
ch.model = "bocman1";
ch.sex = "man";
ch.sound_type = "seaman";
ch.location = "Oxbay_port";
ch.location.group = "goto";
ch.location.locator = "goto9";
ch.Dialog.Filename = "Oxbay citizen_dialog.c";
ch.greeting = "Gr_Oxbay Citizen";
ch.quest.area = "Oxbay";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
ch.rank = 1;
ch.reputation = "None";
ch.experience = "0";
ch.skill.Leadership = "1";
ch.skill.Fencing = "1";
ch.skill.Sailing = "1";
ch.skill.Accuracy = "1";
ch.skill.Cannons = "1";
ch.skill.Grappling = "1";
ch.skill.Repair = "1";
ch.skill.Defence = "1";
ch.skill.Commerce = "1";
ch.skill.Sneak = "1";
ch.money = "10";
LAi_SetCitizenType(ch);
LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "ENGLAND_CITIZENS");
AddGameCharacter(n, ch);

All I need to put in and then just edit the locators and whatnot? Am I missing something?

Not sure - but you might have to reinitialize the game or start a new game for the character to show up :shrug

To reinitialize - load a saved game - then press F11 - the game will pause for a couple of seconds then you will get some text on the left side of the screen to show it has reinitialized.

From the code you posted the man should show up in Speightstown Port :yes

:cheers

yeah, I changed the locator for the grand cayman town, what I'll do is go to the beach, press F11, then go into town and press F11, see if anything happens... (Don't worry, I'll be sure to include the new init files also when I finally upload all this) Also, was the English settlement on Nevis included in the stock game?

Also, was the English settlement on Nevis included in the stock game?

:no

The stock game only had the Pirate Settlement on Nevis ( Quadrebas Costillas - or whatever it was called in the Stock game) - Charlestown was added by the mod - not sure when.

:cheers

Didn't work, does anything look wrong with this init file? and thanks for telling me tails about Charleston, pieter seemed to have forgotten about that one...

Attachments

• cayman.c
    19.7 KB · Views: 94
I can't do any work on this until someone finds out what I'm doing wrong, just take a quick look at the file and see if there are any obvious errors please.

One thing I noticed is that your character has ID "Bartholomew Pardner", which is already used by the original character in Oxbay/Speightstown.
You need to change this to something else. Doesn't really matter to what as long as it's not already used.

oh, okay, I thought it would still work since it's a different location, but okay, I'll switch the name then get back to you.

Each character in the game must have a separate ID, otherwise the game can't tell them apart.
Give it another try with that changed. :doff

Changed the entire ID, and still, nothing... I even re-initialized.... is there anything else wrong with the init file? Maybe I need to place the citizen in a different place?

This works for me:
Code:
//Áàðòîëîìüþ Ïàðäíåð - Ìåñòíûé êàïèòàí êàáîòàæíîãî ïëàâàíèÿ
ch.old.name = "Bartholomew";
ch.old.lastname = "Pardner";
ch.name = TranslateString("","Bartholomew");
ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Pardner");
ch.id = "Test Character";
ch.model = "bocman1";
ch.sex = "man";
ch.sound_type = "seaman";
ch.location = "Grand_Cayman_town";
ch.location.group = "goto";
ch.location.locator = "goto9";
ch.Dialog.Filename = "Oxbay citizen_dialog.c";
ch.greeting = "Gr_Oxbay Citizen";
ch.quest.area = "cayman";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
ch.rank = 1;
ch.reputation = "None";
ch.experience = "0";
ch.skill.Leadership = "1";
ch.skill.Fencing = "1";
ch.skill.Sailing = "1";
ch.skill.Accuracy = "1";
ch.skill.Cannons = "1";
ch.skill.Grappling = "1";
ch.skill.Repair = "1";
ch.skill.Defence = "1";
ch.skill.Commerce = "1";
ch.skill.Sneak = "1";
ch.money = "10";
LAi_SetCitizenType(ch);
LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "ENGLAND_CITIZENS");
AddGameCharacter(n, ch);
Note: You do need to start a new game for the change to take effect. :doff

oh, I didn't start a new game, that's why it didn't work, thanks pieter :)

lol, hey, when I use GM viewer, all I see is a grey "body" of the character with no color or definition, is there any way to change that?

Edit: I gotta remember to add citizens to Governor's Harbor and Alice town in the actual town and not just the tavern.

P.S. I really wish I'd realized how much work I was getting myself into, if someone else is working on this now too and gets it done before me, I will be pissed, lol

Back