• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

MK's latest GOF video adventure

Thanks, MK. Spent the better the part of the morning looking up the characters I didn´t know before while I should be studying instead. Grmph...

:D

:D:read:cool:

You know its always been my MO around here to educate people Bava. I'm glad you saw some new people to learn about. Its amazing how so many of those peoples lives were intertwined in different ways....take Pardal for instance,,,what a great Portuguese/Spanish character. Every thing I wrote was true. He was after Morgan and John Morris and he died finally in his confrontation with them. Alternatively....poor Speirdyke (who you'll notice I made a Secret Agent character) was killed by Pardal.

People like Dampier and Sloane are just fascinating and give the game more depth of character - and they're REAL historical people. Dampier really was with some of the most famous pirate and privateer captains and became one himself - but he was also "the FIRST naturalist" and I really feel they stole his character for Dr. Maturin in that series. But Dampier was REAL with a much more interesting life. I couldn't resist making Sloane my Dr. House texture/character. He really WAS the Father of Chocolate Milk. I did not make that up LOL! I'll say it again as I have so often that history is always better than fiction if one bother to dig.

It kills me how so many people are so fascinated with small timers like Blackbeard when there were people like Avery (that pulled off the biggest heist in history) and Laurens de Graaf (a REAL pirate Lord) who sacked the Spanish treasure center of the empire at Vera Cruz a couple decades before Teach's little amateur acts. Alexander Dalzeel really put a hole in the belly of his ship to spur his crew to attacking and taking a war galleon (the plot of Roman Polanski's Pirates and Dalzeel was the REAL Captain Redd.) He really did make multiple escapes from the noose. Not a nice guy though....and karma got him. I didn't write about how he tied the heels of the poor captured French crew to their necks and threw them overboard to watch em drown. That was his last prize before he was caught and hung.

Real history is awesome and that's what I made GOF Eras all about. I just finished the intro movie finished (without my voiceover and a less than desireable green clover background which I'm sure I will change) but it won't allow the MP4 format withe vids. I've got MP4s to work on audio before. I had to downgrade it to a WMV. I will post it in a couple hours.

MK

OK here's my first hack at an intro video that replaces the one after the Playlogic, Akella, and Seward.ru logo snipets. This is the vid that plays right before the initial menu screen if you don't escape skipping the vids.

I spent two years of my life on the mod and now that I'm working on the last ship skin and everything else is finished I decided it was worth doing an intro video for.

What do you think??? MK

2:40 seems excessive but it flows well.

Yes it is a bit long as far as intro vids go. Its twice as long as the original one. But it holds your attention better I think and this is my mod....as I've always said its what I would want and wasn't trying to give the public what they wanted. I did it all for me.

Pieter, Most of the material is free images from museums and such and the non-gameplay clips are from the DOCEMA produced "Broadside" made in 2007 which I give credit. Yeah that vid is a little old but still good. Its the same age as the game LOL. I don't know of better footage for that time period. I was actually talking with some of their people about getting their models a few years ago, but I think their projects kind of fizzled out unfortunately - not enough interest in historical education offerings I think....too bad.

Here's the latest in the game. I cleaned it up a little better and expanded the paintings a bit. I think it turned out way better and I put some gameplay footage in after the intro is finished with one of the new characters.

MK

Pieter, Most of the material is free images from museums and such and the non-gameplay clips are from the DOCEMA produced "Broadside" made in 2007 which I give credit. Yeah that vid is a little old but still good. Its the same age as the game LOL. I don't know of better footage for that time period.
I was just thinking.... I wouldn't mind seeing the actual thing. :cheeky

Yes it is a bit long as far as intro vids go. Its twice as long as the original one. But it holds your attention better I think and this is my mod....as I've always said its what I would want and wasn't trying to give the public what they wanted. I did it all for me.

Pieter, Most of the material is free images from museums and such and the non-gameplay clips are from the DOCEMA produced "Broadside" made in 2007 which I give credit. Yeah that vid is a little old but still good. Its the same age as the game LOL. I don't know of better footage for that time period. I was actually talking with some of their people about getting their models a few years ago, but I think their projects kind of fizzled out unfortunately - not enough interest in historical education offerings I think....too bad.

Here's the latest in the game. I cleaned it up a little better and expanded the paintings a bit. I think it turned out way better and I put some gameplay footage in after the intro is finished with one of the new characters.

MK

so when is this due out??? looks awesome
:onya:ahoy:thumbs1:cheers:drunk

whenever mk releases it i gonna start to mod the customized sails ship mod again aka the Tune your ship AOP1 style.

Back