• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Location-specific Loading Screens

It depends on what Windows version you've got; which one do you have?

What do you intend to do for loading screens? Just the ones for your quests? No others, I presume; I'll do those. :yes

I have Windows XP, and yes I plan only to do screens for my quest specific locations.
(That will be something like 90 :modding )

I think this page should explain how to install a font on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960
90 loading screens for your quest? That's a LOT! Good luck, mate! :shock
What did you do with those locations? If they're still somewhat similar to their originals, you could just keep the old ones?

Here's another 28 loading screens! :dance

Fort_Inside_Morro.jpg

Fort_Inside_Morrob.jpg

Incas_Temple_Alcove.jpg

Incas_Temple_Labirint.jpg

Incas_Temple_Labirint_Crypt.jpg

Incas_Temple_Port.jpg

Incas_Temple_Temple.jpg

Inside_Animists_Cave.jpg

Inside_Animists_Cave_Lair.jpg

There's a lot there that I've never seen before!
Great work again! :onya

Which one are those? Some are quest stuff and others are a bit hidden, but they are there.
If you want, I can tell you where those locations are used. :yes

Thanks for the link Pieter. :onya
What's in the locations: New characters to interview, new items to find, enemies to defeat, puzzles to solve, secret doors etc. :treas
I hope that I can use some of the existing screens yes.

Sounds very cool, mate! But then it always did, so... :razz

I reckon there's no need to make a new loading screen unless your location actually looks different now though.
Characters, items and enemies in a quest location shouldn't require new loading screens, I think.

This concludes all locations from the "Outside" folder. And for good measure, the Bonaire waterfall is done now too.

Outside_Jungle_1.jpg

Outside_Jungle_2.jpg

Outside_Jungle_3.jpg

Outside_Jungle_4.jpg

Outside_Jungle_5.jpg

Outside_Jungle_6.jpg

Outside_Jungle_7.jpg

Outside_Jungle_8.jpg

Outside_Jungle5.jpg

Outside_Mayak_Inside.jpg

Very good way of sneakily previewing some high-detail ships, there! :keith

i think it's funny how the screenshots look better than what you'd usually see in the game. i can't remember ever seeing some of those jungle backgrounds, simply because they're blocked from view.

Ah yes, I've been trying to come up with angles you wouldn't usually see in general play, so you get to see the location a bit differently.
I tried to take a screenshot from a ship's deck towards the shore, but couldn't really make that work though. :(

no? i'm pretty sure bridgetown's pretty suitable for it. you end up at about the height of a schooner's main deck. still, the port would be kinda far away.

There might be some locations where it'd work, but I didn't have any luck today. :shrug

My favourite is the Devils Throat screen! :d:

...no need to make a new loading screen unless your location actually looks different...
No I'll try to keep down the numbers down. Some names of very specific locations may add a little athmosphere
to the game though...

Well, I don't think I've got to tell you what to do; you know what you're doing. :cheeky

Back