• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

One small step for the Build...

Stallion

Sea Dog
Public Relations
Come an' get 'er, folks! Build Mod 14 Beta 1 Patch 3.1 is now on the Torrent network!

She be my first Torrent! :woot I even included a readme with some tacky ASCII art by yours truly and installation instructions purloined from the topic in here. xD:

I had to hide the torrent file in a RAR archive because the forum tried to eat it. :rofl

She's not listed on any trackers because, quite frankly, most of them aren't anything I'd want to be associated with. :no

I'll be seeding it for another couple hours, then I'll be back on tomorrow morning for the day. I'll keep uploading so long as anyone wants or thinks there's demand for it.

*Attached File Removed*

Head to post #57 for the newest torrents uploaded by miklkit! Updated 4/5/2011

A torrent! As I understand it, a torrent is a better way to download because it checks the files as they are being dl'ed. But, it needs a seeder.

Hmm. It appears my torrent software didn't make the transition from Vista 32 to Win7 64. Gotta fix that.

Yes, that's the best thing about torrents. They're also great for folks on dial-up, since your client couldn't care less how slow or fast your speeds are. I was hoping to get one or more people seeding in North America and Europe, then one can give their computer a break without having to worry about the torrent croaking.

Which program do you use? There seems to be quite a few of them that haven't made the transition.

Wow - got three downloaders already. :woot

I just installed Bittorrent, and it started working right away with zero problems. It is currently dl'ing at dialup speed. I will leave it running until tomorrow, when I have to leave for a few days.

Sorry about the sh*tty speed - my ISP throttles my upload speed for most of the day. :modding No worries about leaving for a few days - there's two or three others downloading as well, so I'll keep it going. :yes

Thanks very much, mate! Now all we'd need is to keep seeders so that the download speed will remain reasonable (don't look at me!)
and also advertise it on some sites. Aren't various torrent sites now as legal as we are?

The only one I know of is Mininova, since it was forced to remove all its illegal torrents and transform itself into a licensed content distribution site. I think there's one or two around that distribute freeware and open source stuff only - I'll see if I can find them. :yes

I'd list it on The Pirate Bay, but am worried if they get taken down we could be gone after as having listed something on there. Demonoid would be a possibility except for the Canadian government having blocked access to the site back when it was hosted here, and their continued efforts to shut it down.

Come to think of it, there's already a copy of the Build on TPB - I think it's Build 11 or 12, though. It was uploaded by a member on here, but I don't remember who.

This site might be okay: http://www.gameupdates.org/ , but it only wants you using their trackers. :rolleyes:

The only one I know of is Mininova, since it was forced to remove all its illegal torrents and transform itself into a licensed content distribution site. I think there's one or two around that distribute freeware and open source stuff only - I'll see if I can find them. :yes

I'd list it on The Pirate Bay, but am worried if they get taken down we could be gone after as having listed something on there. Demonoid would be a possibility except for the Canadian government having blocked access to the site back when it was hosted here, and their continued efforts to shut it down.

Come to think of it, there's already a copy of the Build on TPB - I think it's Build 11 or 12, though. It was uploaded by a member on here, but I don't remember who.

This site might be okay: http://www.gameupdates.org/ , but it only wants you using their trackers. :rolleyes:

Good idea about the torrent mate!
About TPB, our torrent IS legall, so it doesn't matter to us what other materials they have on their site and other sites.
It's like you buy DVD's from a store and the owner actually sells drugs, it's not your falut.

Very true. We can put our stuff anywhere and it's not our responsibility that there is/was illegal stuff going on at those sites.
WE're not illegal and that's the main thing.

I might put it up on TPB then. :yes Maybe Demonoid too.

Now, if I could just figure out how I've already got someone else Seeding when I haven't even uploaded an entire copy of the Rar file yet... :blink:

Well, I have 22% of it and I was seeding for a bit. :doff No one is seeding now although there are 3 peers waiting.

Thanks! :onya I'm seeding - or at least trying to. :modding I've got no upload speed now, and haven't since this morning. :facepalm

If anybody noticed me not seeding this morning, it was because I'd gotten a call from my ISP, telling me to quit file sharing. Apparently, that covers uploading stuff that's perfectly legal like the Build Mod, too. :urgh I may have...err...made the mistake of telling the support guy's super where he could go and what he could do once he got there in response, and my connection mysteriously went down for half the day after that. Called 'em back, and was told it was isolated technical difficulties. Riiight. :rolleyes: Technical difficulties my left nut.

Anyhoo...back to uploading. :keith :robber: :cheeky

Ah, the fine art of playing politics. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm surprised. Usually demanding to talk to the supervisor gives positive results. Maybe that guy is getting close to retiring. :slap

So, I'm at 51% with an ETA of 2 days. :mm If I could figure out how to set up a torrent, I'm paying for 100mb/s, but experience has shown that when it is getting close to 200mb/s my router crashes.

That's right. xD: Not that I'm going to listen to them on that account - 34% of file sharing traffic is legal, so if they don't like it, they can cut me off completely. :yes

Ok, this probably won't work, but it is worth a try. I think I just created a torrent file for the historical Ship Pack. I had to 7zip it to get it on this forum. Could someone try it and see what happens?

Yeah, something is wrong. Someone here in the states got 48kb, and that's it. This is my first attempt, so didn't really expect it to work. Now to find out why.

3 hours later: It's working! I didn't do anything. But, I have seen much better speed on dialup. I wonder if I have the same problem as Stallion?

Back