• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

One small step for the Build...

Thanks! :onya I've only uploaded 1.74GB since starting the torrent. :modding Damn ISP.

I'll be getting an ATI when this card conks out, no doubt about it. I'm back up to three inexplicable BSODs a day after updating to the latest drivers on a whim. *grumble*

There has been some recent activity and I'm up to 2.62gb now. It hit peaks over 1mb/s

I'm still using the old drivers with your torrent and have been getting a load of ctd's, mainly during boarding battles, but only one black screen. I'm thinking of just cranking up the "will surrender" numbers so I don't have to board to take an interesting ship.

Here are links to Patch 4 and a new link to Build 14 Patch 3.1 in a torrent. I can never find things at ModDB.

Is the ModDB that confusing? Anything we can do about that?
As for the torrent files, I wonder if we can put those in a more easy-to-find place than as 7-Zip attachments in this thread. :?

Well, I did eventually find the PotC part and bookmarked it, but patch 1,2,&3 are not there so there was no real reason to go there. Now that patch 4 is there tho.... Actually it is far more convenient to just click on downloads at the top of this page.

You don't need Patch 1, 2 and 3; that's why they're removed. Same goes for the forum's Downloads section.
And Patch 3 WAS on there until I removed it today after Patch 4 was authorized.
The reason for me removing the old stuff is simply to prevent confusion of which files are needed and which ones not.

Also, I've got the link to our PotC Build Mod profile in my signature and I link to it wherever I can.
Though of course, the forum's Downloads section is ALSO available, so you're welcome to use that too. :cheeky

Should I keep the current Build Mod torrent going, even though now it's out of date? There's only two or three people after it at the moment.

Can't hurt, I suppose. Unless you want to replace it with a new one...

Two of the downloaders are past 60% complete, so I'll keep it going for them. :yes Seems there's three others besides me seeding it now, too.

I did some housecleaning recently and deleted the torrent from I got from you. :modding So I created a new one and posted it here. I'm getting zero activity tho. Wish I could help.

That's alright, miklkit! There's three other seeders aside from me and you now. :yes I can download yours now if you'd like and see if I can help you upload it.

Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice your post.

You got them both? Something is wrong here. I only show activity on patch 4. My internet goes through the tv cable, not the phone line, so it is pretty fast.

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to upload any more using, well, anything. My ISP put a bandwidth cap on my account last month without telling me, and now I get to pay a $580 internet bill. :shock

I now have a 15GB/month cap, which means I might be able to load the PA main page twice a month. xD:

Why, that is piracy! :j3

I did that over a decade ago. It was my fault because of ignorance, but I still got stuck with a $780 bill. Still, only 15gb?

I had a housecleaning fit recently and deleted all of my torrents. Now I've changed my mind and have (hopefully) created a new torrent for Build 14 Beta 1 full. :wp Could someone see if it works?

Ok, I added a torrent for patch 5 also. Just unzip it and click on it to start the download.

I just added a torrent for the Christmas Ship Pack also.

I kinda knew I was a bit over. xD: But, my ISP has never used usage-based billing before and gave no warning they were going to. They even went so far as to modify their TOS on their site so it appeared the customers were forewarned of this in May. Sneaky bastards. My soft cap used to be 75GB - then they reduced it to a hard cap of 15. Needless to say, I'm after a new ISP. :yes

Definitely add patch 5. I'll see if maybe I can help uploading it when my next billing period rolls around. :cheeky

I'll edit the first post so it directs users to this page.

Back