• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

One small step for the Build...

Update: Someone got the whole thing overnight. When I checked I never saw it get above 30kb/s. I was hoping for 70mb/s. Sigh. No phone calls yet.

It could just be the network itself - half the time, I'm not uploading even when I'm connected to people trying to download. Your torrent seems to be working okay, since it started downloading as soon as I clicked on the file. :yes I'm seeing 2 downloaders aside from me.

Yeah, I'm surprised it took off. Sort of. My modem crashed a couple of times with a peak of 457kb/s. The last time I messed with a torrent it ran up to 180mb/s ok. Maybe it's getting old.

Right now it looks like I'll get yours done in 2-3 days. :cheers

My modem's pushing 7 years and can still hit upload speeds, apparently, of 876 kb/s upload speed, although I think it's lying to me. xD:

Let's hope you get it that soon - something tells me either the modem or my ISP will decide otherwise. :cheeky I've been...err...tinkering with various things to do with uploading to see if I can inch up that speed a bit. :wp

I got it! I got it! :warr :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi

This seems like a good time to install it too. :rumgone

I haven't installed it yet. I've run into troubles with other installs and when they get sorted out I will install it. I'm anxious to see how smoothly it goes.

Your torrent got installed last night. My previous install suspiciously died when the latest nvidia drivers were installed. :modding Then came a clean install from the cds and files already dl'ed from modb, but using those new drivers. It never had a chance and was very buggy right from the start. :glare: Using the oldest drivers improved it a bunch, but it just wasn't quite right and was put out of its misery.

Your files installed fine and it was up and running quickly and smoothly with no glitches. My only complaint is that the graphical anomalies seem worse than before. That might be the old drivers tho. I made a copy of this install as a backup and will now start to install all of the little addons that have come since patch 3.1. :doff

Good. :yes I too am getting anomalies, though. :modding And to think I was looking forwards to running it without problems on the new computer. xD: Yeah right.

It shouldn't matter where you got the files from, from the ModDB, PA! or the torrent, it should all give the same results! :shock

Out of curiosity, what drivers are you using? My current opinion is that the 258s are bad bad bad. The 197s were best for the anomalies, and the 186s are the best except for the anomalies, but they are close there. Although I will say that I just got into a 5 small ship battle close to land with almost no fractals.

Pieter: That is true in a perfect world. Bad downloads are a fact of life to be endured. I have gotten them from everywhere for years. That is why I prefer torrents when available.

It shouldn't matter where you got the files from, from the ModDB, PA! or the torrent, it should all give the same results! :shock

I stuffed everything in a RAR file, so wasn't sure if it corrupted itself. :yes Otherwise, the installers are the same.

I unrared and installed from it before uploading, but wanted to make sure it was okay by checking with somebody else. :onya

Out of curiosity, what drivers are you using? My current opinion is that the 258s are bad bad bad. The 197s were best for the anomalies, and the 186s are the best except for the anomalies, but they are close there. Although I will say that I just got into a 5 small ship battle close to land with almost no fractals.

I'm using the 197.45 drivers - they are what the card originally came with, and stupid Windows won't let me install anything older. xD: Was planning on trying the new ones, but think I'll avoid that.

I remember someone on the nVidia forums saying that disabling or enabling something in the Control Panel reduced the problems they had, and I changed it too, but can't remember for the life of me what the heck it was! :modding The number of weekly random BSODs has decreased from 40 to one or two since I changed it, though. Triple buffering rings a bell, but I'm not sure.

I just gave triple buffering a quick test. It seems to have by far the least anomalies with triple buffering turned off.

You should be able to bypass windoze by doing it all in safe mode.

Thanks for the safe mode tip - I was able to install older drivers, but now some games don't want to start because I need newer drivers! BAH! xD:

Arrgghh! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I've had games complain about drivers, but they always ran anyway. But then, the "newest" games I have are the Half Life series.

Update: I'm still seeding and have uploaded 2.35gb of Stallion's torrent so far.

Also still playing with vc drivers and have trashed my lab rat install again. :facepalm If my better half allows it, I will be getting an ATI vc. :whipa

Back