• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

The weapons mod works differently in Pieter's Patch than in Bart O Port's patch.

The Dutch soldiers use sabers and the Maltese Monks work like always. I don't think that light Tizona has any magical powers. I got slaughtered while using it. :ixi
Swords like the broadsword have me puzzled. I would expect them to have high damage and low defense.

My patch doesn't contain Bartolomeu's period-specific initItems.c files, only all new weapons.
Therefore any errors due to not initialized weapons used by init-characters will not apply to my files.
However, you won't get period-correct weapons either.

Uh oh.... :eek:k The soldiers running around pistol whipping people is cool, but I like killing monks. What to do, what to do........:nerbz

how did you solve it exactly? i renamed the third falchion into a machete, but that will need changing back. that is also the one falchion which is supposed to be historically accurate.
For any suggestions about changes in names or values of these blades. Post your comments in this topic, Morgan, so that Pieter and anyone else can read what you propose. I would like many people testing the mod in order to improve the gameplay. :yes

i just did. but what is the answer to my question?
Did you check the items describe file?

no, couldn't yet. first i want to finish the game for once, then i'll install all that new stuff, then i'll see about those mods. i would have checked it already if it had been in a zip file, but it seems to be an executive. although i could run the thing so that it would place the files in a folder different from the game folder.

EDIT: ah. seems the problem solved itself. i'll go check that file. once i find it again.

you've kept all of them? did you change the item image for the short falchion as well?

also, it seems that my latest version of the item discriptions have actually made it into the patch after all, along with your mod.

hey guys, just want to bring up, there is a weapon in the game (the swept-hilt rapier, I think, if this isn't the sword then simply look for the sword in-game, it's not an uncommon one) that for a description simply says "This" and I don't know where the sword description files are so, if anyone could help, I would appreciate it :)

Check out this thread and let us know how it works for you. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17653-modifying-the-rumors/

Cool, it worked, and, it fixed a couple of basic grammar errors in some of the item texts, thanks :onya

um, the v2 file and the most updated rumor string, basically, the newest of the two files that were worked on...

UPDATE: the files are the rumor mod v2 and the second (later) items describe.txt, not the first one you'll find while going through, but the second one, those are the ones that work

the 7th patch has a further updated version of that. both work, but the ones i uploaded are not entirely similar to the ones currently used in the modpack.

Back