• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

It's a patch 7 WIP that Pieter tossed out for testing and feedback. I forget what thread it's in, but anyone can install it.

oh, so that's what people are referring to when they say the patch 7 WIP... okay, thanks

Sulan's latest code on this is included in here for testing:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/12605-flying-dutchman/page__view__findpost__p__411065

Corrected file here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/pb_code_2011-11-17.exe

New game required because it kills the existing game when you try to save. CTD. Also, many icons are messed up.

Is there any way to uninstall this?

Use the file from the link I posted instead of the attachment; the file I put on the FTP should have the correct texture file, fixing the icons.

You can deinstall it by taking the code files from Patch 7 and putting them back; it shouldn't be necessary though.
My code changes shouldn't cause additional bugs (provided I included the correct texture file this time) and Sulan's code changes seem to hold up for now as far as I've been able to tell.

Agh; I had uploaded the wrong file AGAIN. It really SHOULD be the correct one now:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/pb_code_2011-11-17.exe

I downloaded the file but not still tried. Is it Sulan doing the mod, right?
And he's also done the log ship interface? If yes, he's doing a great work :onya Finally, I start believing we'll be able to release Build 14 next year... :rolleyes:

It's indeed Sulan's work; he also did the Ship Log interface. At the moment, he's caught up in real life unfortunately, but it's still an improvement.

I have just re-instated the minlevel = 99 for unique weapons so they again should no longer show up, including that bloody evil shotgun!
Then I also reworked those Sneaky Traders in towns to sell the Special Weapons instead of very expensive blades that are supposed to be unique.
Does anyone have any thoughts on that change? Good idea or not?

I have not seen that shotgun. One sneaky trader tried to sell me the sabre of Nicholas Sharp, but I declined. I also never saw the guilded cuirass until I was able to buy it in a store.

I thought you reported before with the Beta 2 WIP files that you did still encounter shotguns?

What I am saying is that I have not picked one up off a corpse yet in this game. I have one poisoned throwing knife, one lockpick set, and one thief's knife. Maybe it will show up later.

Lockpick? I was messing around with that today and was wondering again if they ever show up. Apparently they do, so that IS good to hear!

When was the last time you randomly encountered a shotgun in the game?

That's good; you shouldn't. There's only one in the game as an easter egg.

I'm just temporarily hijacking this thread as Sulan is around again for a bit and he asked if there are any issues with any of his mods that we are aware of.
So does anyone have any comments on any of the following?
Code:
  . Historically correct weapons & item rarity by Sulan
    > Implemented basic self-developing town economy (WIP: still to be adjusted) by Sulan
    > Implemented random town events ("Malaria strikes Guadeloupe ...") with influence on economy, town size, troop size, town gold etc. by Sulan
    > Reduced the amount of gold carried by crewmen/officers, etc. by Sulan
    > Updated goods' prices (general increase) to better balance items' prices vs. goods' prices by Sulan
    > Decreased prices for silver & gold a bit by Sulan
    > Decreased the influence of good availability (quantity) vs townsize on price, reducing trading profits and thereby trade mission profits by Sulan
    > Trade missions make more sense now (not exporting import goods and vice versa) by Sulan
    > Mutiny as a result of much gold carried is now based on reputation and much less likely for a honest trader than for a pirate by Sulan
  . Ship's Log Interface by Sulan
  . Added configurable hotkey to show archipelago map (default: M) from anywhere in the game by Sulan
  . Added the powder barrel and the ammunition bag including game mechanics (24 shots) by Sulan
  . Boudewijn Smidt, blacksmith in Kralendijk (Bonaire) has some apprentices and can repair all your blades at once now by Sulan
  . Diego Uargo, blacksmith in Sao Jorge (La Grenade) can repair all your guns at once up to a certain quality by Sulan
- Still on the to-do list by Sulan [WIP]
  . Fix rarity for merchants (needs to be rewritten completely in my opinion)
  . Make different merchant types offer different weapons (e.g. those flagged PIRATE only by stealth merchants)
  . Test, verify and adjust the "soldiers should no longer equip ..." code

Back