• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Perks Mod V2.6 Unlockable Perks! (READABLE BOOKS!)

The filter works as long as you don't have any perks at all. As soon as you take one, it doesn't work anymore:
- The colour-coding showing which perks you can take disappears
- The filter only shows you the perks you currently have
- Even so, the list of numbers continues even if you took only one perk

The filter works as long as you don't have any perks at all. As soon as you take one, it doesn't work anymore:

I can't reproduce any of these problems.
What I did:

run
Code:
if(CheckPerkLocked("ImproveAiming")) UnlockPerk("ImproveAiming");

trough the console
Choose the gunman perk

and still everything is working fine ...
Are you using the blue or brown interface?
Do you get any errors?
Do you have a savegame for me?

Only problem I have is that if you take a perk while the filter is on it wont refresh the list so some perks will become unavaible while still in the list.

Ah and I see what you mean. If you have only 1 perk and no points left it will only show the perk which is picked and the numbers go on.
I will make sure the numbers dont go on and make sure the list refreshes itself.

Last edited:
Brown Interface.

Start New Game, take Gunman perk > Interface turns consistently wonky.

This should fix the problems you are having and I even got the downstep to work now :). so if the filter button is highlighted you can just press down to go to the first perk. It programmed dirty now but it works :p.

Attachments

• perks.c
    16.4 KB · Views: 167
Downstep seems unreliable, but at least the interface behaves itself now. :onya

Now when you take an ability, you are reloaded to the top of the list.
That is a bit annoying when you are going through them because you want to get a whole bunch.
Could you restore that code? I can work around the arrow keys not working, so I'd choose for that instead. ;)

The Abilities interface still gets confused as soon as you actually get a perk. :(
Same as I reported before:
The down-step does now work. :yes

Hmmm this is cause I reverted the refreshing. That is needed I guess and I'm still looking into making sure you stay at the same place.
some of the things you say are intentional tough.
the filter only shows what you can pick or have picked, so if you have no skill points it shows only what you have. Same goes for the colour coding. It only shows gold if you have the required points. Should that be changed?

Never mind, it does seem to be behaving itself.

Though might I suggest hiding all perks you already have when viewing "available perks"?
Then you only see the ones you can choose.

This is nonsense:
Report by @Grey Roger:
Ability Unlocks from Books no longer work - To be checked
Refer to next post instead.

Last edited:
Huh? I reported no such thing. What I reported is that the "Advanced Commerce" perk is not unlocked by the tailor fetch quest.

Book-based unlocks do work. I went to Guadeloupe, bought pretty much the whole library, then unlocked all the book-related perks on the spot.

Oops, I must have mis-remembered. That's what I get for doing too much at the same time. :facepalm
Thanks for correcting me. :doff

Another bug founded: I have done a fetch quest of the blacksmith. It worked correctly, but it didn't unlock the ability "Expert Marksman".

EDIT: @Pieter Boelen , the blacksmith ordered me to give him oil in that fetch quest, from Havana. Is that normal?

EDIT 2: The book "Don't shoot the messenger" Doesn't unlock professional cannoneer.

Last edited:
On unlocking the perks the book related ones are working fine. I have gotten to any fetch quests be I am concerned about the new perk for expert marksman. Having it dependent on a fetch quest with a gunsmith when I think there are only two in the game, might be a little much but for me the problem is compounded by having the professional gunman perk dependent on the marksmen. Depending on how rare the quest is that make it extremely difficult to get the braces of horse pistols. I know you toggle the locked perks off, but they are really good feature.

Another bug founded: I have done a fetch quest of the blacksmith. It worked correctly, but it didn't unlock the ability "Expert Marksman".
That's the second report of a Fetch Quest not unlocking a perk properly. That will need to be checked. :yes

I have gotten to any fetch quests be I am concerned about the new perk for expert marksman. Having it dependent on a fetch quest with a gunsmith when I think there are only two in the game, might be a little much but for me the problem is compounded by having the professional gunman perk dependent on the marksmen. Depending on how rare the quest is that make it extremely difficult to get the braces of horse pistols.
Actually, I think that perk would be unlocked ONLY by a Fetch Quest for the Turks one because that is a special one who does blades AND guns.
I don't mind that particular perk being hard to get, otherwise the Long Rifle hidden in the game wouldn't be so special.
But I DO mind if it stops you from getting the next perk. I think we should remove that dependency so that when and if you get the "Expert Marksman" perk is completely up to player choice.

Pieter, maybe it is just you have to unlock the ability from a blacksmith that repairs blades AND guns neccesarily?
That only applies to Expert Marksman and that ability should be completely optional as far as I'm concerned.

There was a bug in the shipyard indeed. It unlocked basiccommerce instead of the quick repairs.
That's fixed now.
Also the tailor accedenlty unlocked basic instead of advance commerce, this is now also fixed.
Also 2 books didn't work cause they used a other interface now (they where set as pictures instead of text books as originally intentded) fixed that now so the map interface can also unlock perks.

Attachments

• RC_FIXES_1_1.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 149
Actually, I think that perk would be unlocked ONLY by a Fetch Quest for the Turks one because that is a special one who does blades AND guns.
I don't mind that particular perk being hard to get, otherwise the Long Rifle hidden in the game wouldn't be so special.
But I DO mind if it stops you from getting the next perk. I think we should remove that dependency so that when and if you get the "Expert Marksman" perk is completely up to player choice.

Yes only the gunsmith on turks unlocks the perk. In the description is says "GUNSMITH" not blacksmith ;).
And you dont need improved aiming for gun professional. they are after each other in the interface but they both only require gunman.

Back