• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is interesting to say the least.

Steam db:

• 2 days ago App was deleted, previous name: Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own
  • 2 days ago Removed languagesenglish,russian
  • 2 days ago Removed publisherAkella
  • 2 days ago Removed thirdpartycdkey1
  • 2 days ago Removed ListOfDLC240480
  • 2 days ago Removed sourcegame1
  • 2 days ago Removed community_visible_stats1
  • 2 days ago Removed VisibleOnlyWhenSubscribed1
  • 2 days ago Removed GameManualURLhttp://store.steampowered.com/manual/223330/
  • 2 days ago Removed stateeStateAvailable
  • 2 days ago Removed NoServers0
  • 2 days ago Removed controller_supportnone
  • 2 days ago Removed metacritic_namePirates Odyssey: To Each His Own
  • 2 days ago Removed homepagehttp://ru.akella.com/Game.aspx?id=2551
  • 2 days ago Removed gamedirValveTestApp223330
  • 2 days ago Removed developerBlackMark Studio
  • 2 days ago Removed logo_smallb5f790d0be73183dc41e389a87d0b29d9ba87c13_thumb
  • 2 days ago Removed logob5f790d0be73183dc41e389a87d0b29d9ba87c13
  • 2 days ago Removed icon25678a14ad9cf8ba0c380b9d5fd89ac8a1c47e36
  • 2 days ago Removed clienttga46431a3c2a09262ca761ad00636b7aeba78b622f
  • 2 days ago Removed clienticonc913c11f9f30eda45c29b6a1f4f120a81dfc68a8
  • 2 days ago Removed Install Config

Well this is interesting to say the least.

Steam db:

• 2 days ago App was deleted, previous name: Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

This is partially why I bought the Steam Russian version with the DLC already through acquaintances overseas.
You can transfer gift versions from one steam version to another without breaking VPN rules.

It is possible this version is being updated to include the DLC in one Steam download, so don't lose hope quite yet.
Most likely they are sorting out release issues, it happens all the time.

If things don't come to pass there are always other recourses.
It took quite some time to acquire addtional source code and tools for CoAS, but it did happen.
The same will happen for POTEHO, if things do not work out, and Pirates Ahoy! will do the rest...

Everything is back, no need to give up hope:

http://steamdb.info/app/223330/

Looks like its being readied for release in English.
The app codes and files are being updated to include the DLC as one application.

Code:
223331/manifests/internal: 7723545168046994587
223331/manifests/public: 7723545168046994587
223331/maxsize: 11863542708
223331/name: Pirates Odissey : To Each His Own Base Content
223331/systemdefined: 1
223332/config/language: english
223332/name: Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own Eng
223333/config/language: russian
223333/name: Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own Rus
240480/dlcappid: 240480
240480/manifests/internal: 1131300416178109513
240480/manifests/public: 1131300416178109513
240480/maxsize: 147828471
240480/name: Pirates Odyssey DLC (240480) Depot
branches/internal/buildid: 164348
branches/internal/description:
branches/public/buildid: 164348
markdlcdepots: 1
overridescddb: 1
preloadonly: 1

All,

Just so everyone is aware.
I recently logged onto my Steam Client...

UPDATE:
The region lock was removed for this game.
English "achievements" are listed as well.

The game continues to be updated, as I can see the changes in real time on my downloaded Steam version from what seems like ages ago.
I am using a US Steam Client for my downloaded games.

WHAT THIS MEANS:
You can legally purchase this full game with the DLC (~$25) through Steam via the Internet and your account, even though it WILL NOT show up in your US Steam Client Store to buy (if applicable).
It WILL show up in your US Steam game client Library for games to install after purchase.

HOWEVER...
The program directory is still code-cypher locked and the game languages are still only have Russian for dialogs and voices, so no English translation yet.

BUT, if you are really interested in seeing some of the improvements Akella and BlackMark Studios made to the game, you can still check it out (weapons, locations, models, etc)
All the old Akella tools work with all the updated resource files in the game.

The game uses a slightly upgraded Storm Engine 2.8 with better optimization for modern systems.
Visually framerate performance improvement in game is noticeable.
GUI Interface significantly improved and features added.
Even widescreen resolutions work correctly!

Last edited:
All,

I would hold tight right now.
BlackMark Studios and Akella are definitely prepping an English release, see below.
Still no update if a Program folder will be included, or actually when the version is going to hit the US Steam Client.
There actually was a DVD version released in Russia, but its a really rare beast.

Steam Updates:

Code:
Sub ID    18212
Name    A Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own Retail
Last Record Update    2 days ago (March 5, 2014 – 15:00:36 UTC)
Last Change Number    371512
Information
Apps
Depots
History
Additional Information
billingtype    Proof of Prepurchase Only (3)
codeclass    Steam 2010 Key (4)
gamecode    0
licensetype    Single Purchase (1)
status    Available (0)
territorycode    USA (0)

My mouth is watering :bird:

As i always said in this thread, it will happen when nobody is expecting it anymore. The Russians have their own Rythm of doing things. They only show up if they are in the mood for it and don´t care what others think about. Like sink or swim ;)

In the languages section of http://steamdb.info/app/223330/ there is english now too, if so why then the price is still in rubles?

That is a error in the Steam database.
If you look above the game has ONLY been released on Russian Steam, hence rubles.
The "intent" is to have additional language options (including English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish) , and in the current version there are a multitude of references all over the place in English, just like when CoAS was released back in 2007 in Russia.
It took nearly 2 years for Akella to release the English version in 2009 through Playlogic, so we are right on par right now.
We are repeating history.

Currently, there is no English language directory file, and even the Russian version has code-cypher locked most of the language database and dialogs.
I cannot crack the cypher even if I tried because its 256-bit encoded, and I don't have the right tools to do the job, and its illegal anyway.
There actually was a special text program created back in 2005-2006 through Russian modders that could extract this data, but this has been lost to time.

We just have to be patient and wait.

Everybody should be OVERJOYED if they actually get an English version (dialogs, text, and voices) out the door with a third party publisher (with every bug FIXED).
There is enough new content in this game already to make it worth $25.
I would not count on anything beyond potentially the English and German language.
I also would really doubt we will EVER see an English DVD version in today's age of gaming for this game.

If any updates hit the streets when they are updated on Steam (and hence my installed game version as well), I will let Pirates Ahoy! know.

Last edited:
Hmm. $25 for a mod.......

Its not a mod, it truly is a new game with enough new features to make the game worth your time (when its released in English).
BUT, it does rehash material from every single Akella pirate game ever made over the last decade+.
And I not just talking about graphics, models, engine features, and icons either.
Remember the Black Pearl storyline from POTC (Now integrated into "Tales of a Sea Hawk")?
Its back in a slightly different form...

About the only thing I don't like about the game is it breaks canon references and characters from CoAS.
I won't spoil anything but the storyline in the virtual Caribbean was set a long time from 2000, and changing the history of events does not make sense, they wrote the original series, why change it now?

Last edited:
Of course this is always a matter of everyones taste but i personally don´t care sooooo much about 100% historical correctnes as long as the game is moving mostly near it and makes a lot of fun to play. Also CoAS isn´t a game made by Akella as we all know, it´s a mod from Seaward.ru. But for me personally it´s the best pirate game of all, made till now. It´s a kind of magic... :wp

Currently, there is no English language directory file, and even the Russian version has code-cypher locked most of the language database and dialogs.
I cannot crack the cypher even if I tried because its 256-bit encoded, and I don't have the right tools to do the job, and its illegal anyway.
There actually was a special text program created back in 2005-2006 through Russian modders that could extract this data, but this has been lost to time.

We just have to be patient and wait.
So i cnow that i cant expect an actual release date, but could i expect the game on mid-late april, would be a nice birthday gift 4 myself :)
Thx 4 the info anyways TheBlackKnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back