• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PiratesAhoy! FTP

The FTP details in the opening post have been updated with the correct data. When posting files, you can access them again through www.pyratesahoy.com .
Note that all recent uploads are NOT on there, because it is a different FTP. So anything you want to be able to access must be reuploaded.

Here is what I wrote up for El Patron so far.

edit: (It says the file is too big, is this still a side effect of the site being down?)

No; uploading works fine. Are you trying to upload to the FTP or attach to a post?

In case no one has noticed, the link for FTP Commander in the original post is dead. It is in our forum downloads section, but that program is ancient anyway, you should really be pointing to something like Filezilla, it's completely free and pretty up to date. You can find the download HERE!

I think there would be more clarity if it would say in topic description

<updated: 3 june 2011. See the first post>

instead of just what it says now. People still search the topic for how to enter the login details in ftp commander, and there are posts with old details which only add to the confusion

I don't get this FTP!
I'm trying to get in through ftp.pyratesahoy.com and it opens some error that I try through pyratesahoy.com and it opens some white page with little things written! where do I log in? and I can't find the JRH quest files nor the batolomeu textures files!

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build

OK guys, how many people have actually managed to get FTP commander to work with the new FTP?
It's clear that the new FTP is still causing confusion for many of us; here's a screenshot of what I've done, but I still get the old FTP:

FTP_login_details.jpg

What confuses me is that the opening post mentions an address, but I can't find a box to enter it in.
The only thing similar to that which I can think of is the 'FTP Server', but I'm just guessing here.
Can anyone shed some light? :?

I'm groping around in the dark too. I'm to the point where I'm making changes just to be making changes, and nothing I do makes any difference at all. :modding I can't even break the thing! :rumgone

server box is exactly where you should put the address
yes.gif

edit: this is what I meant by people searching for input information earlier.I noticed it's confusing some people, because they can't find their own folders or files on the new one so they search this topic for details on the older one and upload there.

edit2:
How about leaving this topic a single post at the start that would display the FTP information and instructions on how to enter them into "ftp commander". Also are there any plans on shutting down the old 74.54.143.226 ftp?

Back