• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PMT Build v11 RELEASED!

when will the full version be released ?... with the islands and sh*t :cheers

I hope very very soon :cheers: so far nice job on you modders :bow

:cheers :dio

I wish I'd checked the forums before I left for work. I'd have called in sick!!

I can't wait to dive into this new build. Thank you all so much for creating it! :bow :cheers :cheers

It is normal that the download in the installation give me a error just at the end of it and ... close the application? What should I do?

Thanks!!!

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->why does it always mess up when i try to download extra textures...like ill do everything  it tells me too, and im online, but it WONT FINISH! ARGH!  :cheers:[/quote]

Hi

the download works well for me. You could try to download the separate texture package or wait until tomorrow, when the packackes will be availiable spitted in small pieces that are downloadable in about 10 minutes with an analog modem each.

Scheffnow

i don't know if it's in the build right now , but i think this would be an good idea : if you 've got a high rank , you should get a house , with your wife , drinks , free bed ect :cheers

<span style='`font-size`:25pt;`line-height`:100%'>Information and clarification about the textures package:</span>

This is a package of textures like the ones I placed for download on the PA servers a bit ago - with a corrected (reversed) map on the walls of the shipyards &tc.

HOWEVER, please do not think these are the same textures and miss this download - There is a difference as there is a NEW MAP made by me - that is now on the walls instead of the map of the Caribbean. The map is the PotC game map - but with some very intriguing differences. I worked very hard to get the new map to look like Mercator's maps from the 1500's, interesting illustrations of ships and sea monsters, `hand-colored`, &tc. I think you will like it.

I also *think* there was a texture added that put the new map on the desk in the captain's cabin - can someone check that for me? I am not sure it got put in the package as it came later than everything else. You will notice it right away, it is on the desk, and is BLUE. I hope that got added.

I also made three different resolutions of printable maps - I think Scheffnow is going to add that to the downloads as soon as he is finished with getting the smaller download packages ready.

I am sorry the info is not clear regarding the textures. I asked to have some clarification put up because I KNEW this would happen, but somehow it got lost in the shuffle of getting everything out there for all of you. Hope this helps! :cheers :bow

Very impressive work mates, If you guys had the programing yall would probably put Akella right out of business!!!!!!!!!
:bow :cheers:

When those textures download via the update function, a zip file gets put into the "updates" directory. Are we meant to do anything with that file? I presumed so and unzipped it into the game directory.

<!--`QuoteBegin-McCoy`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(McCoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Downloading right away!

Just a suggestion, but since I've still not tried any build, I don't know if that's implemented or not... Could anyone add my beloved "Make sails, forward!" and "Bring them down, aye aye!" sounds (or something like that, my english listening skills are not that good) when you raise or lower your sails? I really miss it from Sea Dogs...[/quote]

Whoops... ok, I've downloaded it and I noticed it's implemented :bow I should have supposed it. Many thanks! And BTW, WOW :cheers I never thought it would be SO MUCH BETTER from the original PotC... great work guys! Keep it up! :cheers

Yes Sampow I believe that is what you need to do. Also I have fixed my ship problem. There is a problem with the build and the battle_interface folder. so I just removed it and it works fine.

A question, where can you buy the clothes???

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='`font-size`:25pt;`line-height`:100%'>Information and clarification about the textures package:</span>

This is a package of textures like the ones I placed for download on the PA servers a bit ago - with a corrected (reversed) map on the walls of the shipyards &tc.  

HOWEVER, please do not think these are the same textures and miss this download - There is a difference as there is a NEW MAP made by me - that is now on the walls instead of the map of the Caribbean.  The map is the PotC game map - but with some very intriguing differences.  I worked very hard to get the new map to look like Mercator's maps from the 1500's, interesting illustrations of ships and sea monsters, `hand-colored`, &tc.  I think you will like it.

I also *think* there was a texture added that put the new map on the desk in the captain's cabin - can someone check that for me?  I am not sure it got put in the package as it came later than everything else.  You will notice it right away, it is on the desk, and is BLUE.  I hope that got added.

I also made three different resolutions of printable maps - I think Scheffnow is going to add that to the downloads as soon as he is finished with getting the smaller download packages ready.

I am sorry the info is not clear regarding the textures.  I asked to have some clarification put up because I KNEW this would happen, but somehow it got lost in the shuffle of getting everything out there for all of you.  Hope this helps!   :cheers  :bow[/quote]

Thanks for that info :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-sampow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sampow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->When those textures download via the update function, a zip file gets put into the "updates" directory.  Are we meant to do anything with that file?  I presumed so and unzipped it into the game directory.[/quote]

Yes all downloaded files are saved in this directory, but the extraction should start automatically. Please select an empty directory as the installation target and try it again.

Scheffnow

Will previously released ship skins and new ships (like weathered ships package) work with the Build? I suppose they will, but im not sure. :cheers

the textures will work nachinus but the code will need to be changed. I'll be updating the weathered skins mod soon so it will work. I am testing it now in my game!

*UPDATE* Some will work some will not. I am testing still...

I think I've found a bit of a bug. Everytime I change my officer's outfit (through conversing with him) and then immediately save the game, it saves but I can't return from the save game screen (`ALT-F4`, restart and reload and everything's fine).

PS. Schnapps, cheating is bad!

you can buty new clothes at the tailors shop wich you just have to explore to find in everytown. hope that helps :cheers

:cheers Y'argh!! A very fine prize yee brought today, mateys!! Though, I not be sure if this be a "bug", every time I slice 'n' dice dee cloaked scallywag in Oxbay 'n' leave the downtown (i.e, go inside a house er somethin'), me game crashes to me desktop da moment I returns to it. Be this a bug matey, or is dee cloaked figure too essential to dee game? If so, why not make dee scurvy dog immortal me laddies? Other dan dat, a very fine job yee have done here...

Many thanks and a bottle o' rum, say I!!

Back