• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PMT Build v11 RELEASED!

The update didn't work for me either. But the full build did. The only problem I seem to have so far is a char I made isn't using the right char portrait. The list of ones to use are no longer in the quest_reactions.c file so I don't know how to fix that. But the texture files for her are all in the right places as are the model files so if you can let me know how to do this that would be great. As far as using the build itself, I'm like this little kid running around saying " Wow Cool Great " :yes Thankyou all. Bless your hearts and keep up the good work.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Izzie`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Izzie)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The only problem I seem to have so far is a char I made isn't using the right char portrait. The list of ones to use are no longer in the quest_reactions.c file so I don't know how to fix that. But the texture files for her are all in the right places as are the model files so if you can let me know how to do this that would be great. [/quote]

your faces have to have a numeric id. The build itself uses id from 0 up to 150, but there are 199 faces possible (predefined in RESOURCEINIINTERFACESpictures.ini) So your faces should be availiable in the game if you add lines like

case "modelname": tempmodelnum = 150; break;

below the existing lines into

programQUESTSquests_reaction.c

use filenames like

face_150.tga.tx

and save the files into these directories:

ResourceTexturesINTERFACESPORTRAITS(64|128|256)

HTH

Scheffnow

Just a quick one, im not of its affect, but that big bold "Download side temporary unavailiable" may put a few people of reading much more about it....just my opinion, i almost stopped myself :yes

<!--`QuoteBegin-scheffnow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scheffnow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->your faces have to have a numeric id. The build itself uses id from 0 up to 150, but there are 199 faces possible (predefined in RESOURCEINIINTERFACESpictures.ini) [/quote]

Scheffnow, thanks for the info! :yes

I have just been looking at this myself - are we strictly limited to 199 faces? Can that parameter be changed? (I know that's a lot, but there are a lot of people making quests and new characters now)

Because of the numerical ID there will be problems where people who create new characters might overwrite someone else's character number. I just changed my Fred Bob character to face_151.tga.tx (used to be face_95.tga.tx) because of the new build...

So Izzie, please don't use 151! :cheers

Thx Cat cuz I nearly did exactly that :yes Yeah we need perhaps a little more info on exactly what is being overwritten. I had to use the full build since the update wouldn't work so it wrote over everything I had done in my game. Still trying to sort through it all. Thankgod I had a backup copy of my entire game.

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I have just been looking at this myself - are we strictly limited to 199 faces?  Can that parameter be changed?
Because of the numerical ID there will be problems where people who create new characters might overwrite someone else's character number.  I just changed my Fred Bob character to face_151.tga.tx (used to be face_95.tga.tx) because of the new build...
So Izzie, please don't use 151!  :yes[/quote]

Hey 151 is reserved for ...! No it isn't, of course, but you hit the point.The code Alkella released was never meant to be extended. And all the build did was adding a finite number of new faces. The structure of the code was never changed. Exactly because of this a lot of code has to be rewritten for the expansion. We are on the limits with the build right now. Adding just more quantity would increase the hardware requirements beyond a 3 MHz Pentium with a ATI 9800Pro and this nobody wants.

Scheffnow

Thanks Scheffnow, I was just wondering... That's an awful lot of "hireable officers" (199), seems huge, but it fills up fast, doesn't it? Good thing the regular characters don't need portraits... :cheers :cry

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good thing the regular characters don't need portraits...   :cry  :p:[/quote]

Actually they do :cheers Sailor Al created them all, because all availiable models are on sale in the tailor shops. (Well almost all, those without the ability to wear weapons were removed as those skeletons, too.)

Scheffnow

The Build is excellent.

Having said that, I think it would be a good idea to Develop a "light" version, As I am finding a number of problems with optimization in the current build.

Specifically, it is very slow to buy cargo at the merchant, the autobuy takes way too long, and it takes too long to calculate the ships cargo value at the Shipyard.

I have also had problems with things getting choppy during coastal battles.

The Current build is so very excellent, however these issues do bother me a lot as well.

I have a question: is it possible for me to remove or tone down some of the enhancements that are included with the mod on my end? I have read about a utility that would make it possible to uninstall mods, however I have been unable to locate it.

Great work, and I look foreward to seeing some of these optimisations.

Specifically, it is very slow to buy cargo at the merchant, the autobuy takes way too long, and it takes too long to calculate the ships cargo value at the Shipyard.

Thats the whole point, its supposed to be realistic.....even realisticly complicating.. :cheers

Oh, yes, optimization is a big priority now.
The problem is I code by brute force, so my solutions, while they work, take bloody forever.

Aye, they werk indeed, matey! :d: Decreasing user wait time certainly be a noble quest, it be! xD:

Hi all, I and my crew we are make a mod who will translate Pirates of the Caribbean in Italian language. Said this, I want to make a question.
Can I translate in Italian this mod (PMT Build v11)? Even, with a collaboration with the team that has created the mod... :cheers
What do you say?

Thanks, bye

REALLLLLYYY nice this mod.. ive just started playing it and loved it...

but one thing I want to know... how can i make the fonts grow to the normal size again? lol :?
("NEW: ALexusB - Small Font in Dialogs.") 8)

:D Very nice job !! 8)

DarkCoiote

Thanks, I searched a little but something was buggy cause it was finding 2000 entries..... need to practice searching more

anyway, thanks!

DarkCoiote

Back