• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Preparations for a walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided i want to do a few quests, my problem is simple i have completed a few quests for the Governor but now he asks me to sink or capture a pirate ship thats preying on merchant ships in the area, i've searched everywhere and i can't find any pirate ships, i've tried going to world map and searching that way sinking all pirate ships i find but still no change, i have 17 day's i've sunk about 5 fleets while one ship did manage to escape it was only a Sloop i sunk the rest of its fleet now i have the Constitution (my favourite ship) and not many ships will be getting away so easily.

Back to my problem though, what do i need to do, what does the pirate ship prey's on merchants in the area mean, is the area just around the island or is it as far as a day or two's sail from the island?

I'm sure i have read someone else having this problem but for the life of me i can't find the post.

I've decided i want to do a few quests, my problem is simple i have completed a few quests for the Governor but now he asks me to sink or capture a pirate ship thats preying on merchant ships in the area, i've searched everywhere and i can't find any pirate ships, i've tried going to world map and searching that way sinking all pirate ships i find but still no change, i have 17 day's i've sunk about 5 fleets while one ship did manage to escape it was only a Sloop i sunk the rest of its fleet now i have the Constitution (my favourite ship) and not many ships will be getting away so easily.

Back to my problem though, what do i need to do, what does the pirate ship prey's on merchants in the area mean, is the area just around the island or is it as far as a day or two's sail from the island?

I'm sure i have read someone else having this problem but for the life of me i can't find the post.

I newly had that task too, at Maraceibo. I defeated a few pirate ships, in and outside
Maraceibo bay. The 17 days expired without any sign of having found that critical ship.
So I finally gave up. But after that, when visiting Curaceau, I noticed the LogBook or "Completed Quest" option showing I had succeeded defeating that ship and could sail back to Maraceibo governor getting the reward. I guess it was the corvette I was using,
was that critical ship I had grappled - perhaps one in a group of ships. But it may also be a smaller ship that was sunk by Maraceibo fortress artillery at the beginning of the
quest, that was accounted for me. :mm

but now he asks me to sink or capture a pirate ship thats preying on merchant ships in the area
0. You don't need to exit to map screen.
1. That pirate doesn't flew Jolly Roger (so you will see him as a regular merchant/warship, not a pirate)
2. You always can 'sail to' him (you don't need to exit to map), although it may be reachable from one of the island shores, not port itself.
3. He will reveal himself:
- when you sailed near him ('sail to' command brings you close enough), after 2-3 secs he changes flag and color on minimap
- sometimes he hides even better, so you won't find him with just sailing to each ship in 'sail to' list, you'll need to 'sail to' and then get to each ship in a boat and speak to it's cap'n (you don't need to speeak to very each cap'n though, as you searching pirate ship with pirate cap'n, and that ship will always have a pirates aboard it, so once you aboard, find a sailor, if he looks like soilder/merchant, return to your ship and continue search, but if sailor looks like pirate - then you found it, go speak to the cap'n)

ps/
ofc. there could be bugs, so that there will be quest but no pirate, for that we have save/load feature :p

pps/
tl;dr version
How to find a pirate:
1. Go to port
2. Get aboard your ship.
3. 'sail to' each ship nearby (should be in 'sail to' list), wait for 3-5sec.
3b. if 3. doesn't gives results - get aboard each ship nearby looking for pirate-alike sailors
3c. when ship in 3b. found, talk to cap'n
4. board/sink newly found pirate.

Thanks for your help guy's, after a reload i started searching in 3D sail mode all the ships and couldn't find the pirate ship, so i sailed away from the island but not too far i wanted to be able to see ships sailing close to the island, but also any ships that was further out at sea. After passing one English military ship and a few minutes latter a merchant ship i saw a ship in the distance, i figured if the pirate ship is hunting trade ships he might be chasing or following merchant ships so he could be the ship in the distance, as he sailed passed me he was showing as a English merchant ship, then he struck his colours and out came the Jolly Roger, as that happened out came 26 grapeshots from broadside of my Constitution and straight after i grappled the pirate ship, i killed the captain and sold his cannons and ship at Port Royal for 64,000 piasters in total and collected my reward aswell which was a further 11,000 piasters.

So I finally got the game and am trying to play the Peter Blood opening (WITH cheatmode).
I've run into a problem though: I got the second potion as the walkthrough said I should,
but the dialog with the headache slave still claims I have no potion to help him.

So I finally got the game and am trying to play the Peter Blood opening (WITH cheatmode).
I've run into a problem though: I got the second potion as the walkthrough said I should,
but the dialog with the headache slave still claims I have no potion to help him.
Aye, Pieter! :rolleyes: Thar be several places in dat blasted quest whar quest triggers fail tew trip! :shrug
Took Fred Bob three tries tew git de 'weapons bundle' bidness finished smoothly! :cheeky

Hey guys

Question

I want to do French Quest Lines, so I can take colonys, Iam lvl 30 something, I was with the Spain in the beginning, went to the Pirates, now I go to Tortuga (thats where it seems I start the french quest line!), and I gotta talk to the guy there to start it I believe.

But he says Iam still with the Brotherhood coast or something? lol, Iam thinking it means Iam with the pirates

I got a thing from Louis, saying I can take quest

I dont want to be a pirate no more, and I do not want to re-start a new game, well thanks

Tenochtitlan Quest

Later you need to find 10 totems (Seaward, this is stupid, boring and repetitive. Are you working for EA?)

Totem 1: Bermuda, Broken washbasin - swim around the ship
Totem 2: San Juan del Norte beach
Totem 3: Marigot cave
Totem 4: Port of Spain, random merchant
Totem 5: Fort-de-France, Dungeon
Totem 6: Tortuga, random merchant
Totem 7: Willemstad, residence
Totem 8: Hispaniola, Lighthouse of Santo Domingo
Totem 9: Santiago, torture chamber under church
Totem 10: Inca Temple behind Amatrice shore<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Totem 10 is definetly right side of INKA temple (near pearl hunter settlement) next to a bush.

I've noticed that while you can (rarely) buy the totems from merchants, These don't work when trying to use them at the temple. To use them at the temple, they have to have been picked up off the ground at the various points.

So corrections to the above are:
Totem_4 on the ground behind the church in Port of Spain.
Totem_4_loc.jpg
Totem_6 on the ground behind the veranda of the house opposite the Port Control in Tortuga.
Totem_6_loc.jpg

Cheers,

Jonathan A.

Tenochtitlan Quest

Later you need to find 10 totems (Seaward, this is stupid, boring and repetitive. Are you working for EA?)

Totem 10: Inca Temple behind Amatrice shore<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Totem 10 is definetly right side of INKA temple (near pearl hunter settlement) next to a bush.

I've noticed that while you can (rarely) buy the totems from merchants, These don't work when trying to use them at the temple. To use them at the temple, they have to have been picked up off the ground at the various points.

[attachment=3700:Totem_4_loc.jpg]
Totem_6 on the ground behind the veranda of the house opposite the Port Control in Tortuga.
[attachment=3698:Totem_6_loc.jpg]

Cheers,

Jonathan A.
This post saved me a big headache. I had all the totems except for the one in the picture on Tortuga.

Before I knew of this quest I had bought three of the totems from merchants, including one of the three used for the bridge, so ANY of the totems may be bought. When I started searching for the ten totems in the listed places, some of them were missing. I figure that when you purchase a particular totem from a merchant, it may disappear from it's hiding spot. Even knowing the locations of the totems they were sometimes hard to spot, so I'll give a little more detail:

This one was very easy to spot, sitting in the middle of the beach after you swim around the ship.

I never found this one. There was an earlier post saying that to find it you had to swim around some rocks to find it on a little island, but that is not possible on the "shores of San Juan del Norte". I found the described location to the south at Chirico Lagoon. I swam to the little island, but the totem wasn't there. I must have already bought it.

This one can be tricky to spot. I found it in the room with four columns. If you stand against the wall with your back to the torches and look right you should see it.

I bought one from a merchant here, first try. However, Jonathan has shown that there is one on the ground behind the church.

Go downstairs and find the wooden lift/elevator. The totem is lying on the ground just to the left side of the platform.

I also bought a totem here on my first try, but later found another in the location Jonathan described, on the ground by the steps.

This one was missing. I checked the residence thoroughly and there was no totem. But then I checked the merchants there and found one right away.

To get to this one you need to climb the stairs almost to the top, walk across a board to a balcony, drop to the balcony below and look on the windowsill.

I found this one but never actually saw it. It was underneath one of the beds in the bunkroom.

Totem 10: Inca Temple behind Amatrice shore
This one is to the far right of the temple under a big fern, almost against the rock wall.

I spent a while trying to find the bridge totem in the lake. It was to the extreme left, in the shallow water by the boundary rock. The bridge totem in the area just before the Aztec city was the one I had already bought, and it was missing from it's location. The one near Portobello was easier to spot once I turned off the grass in the video options.
I tried the ladder cheat, but couldn't make it work. The totems just became invisible.

I hope this will save some folks a little frustration. I would have never finished this quest without the help on this forum.

Dave

Tenochtitlan Quest

[attachment=3700:Totem_4_loc.jpg]
[attachment=3698:Totem_6_loc.jpg]

Cheers,

Jonathan A.
This post saved me a big headache. I had all the totems except for the one in the picture on Tortuga.

Before I knew of this quest I had bought three of the totems from merchants, including one of the three used for the bridge, so ANY of the totems may be bought. When I started searching for the ten totems in the listed places, some of them were missing. I figure that when you purchase a particular totem from a merchant, it may disappear from it's hiding spot. Even knowing the locations of the totems they were sometimes hard to spot, so I'll give a little more detail:

This one was very easy to spot, sitting in the middle of the beach after you swim around the ship.

I never found this one. There was an earlier post saying that to find it you had to swim around some rocks to find it on a little island, but that is not possible on the "shores of San Juan del Norte". I found the described location to the south at Chirico Lagoon. I swam to the little island, but the totem wasn't there. I must have already bought it.

This one can be tricky to spot. I found it in the room with four columns. If you stand against the wall with your back to the torches and look right you should see it.

I bought one from a merchant here, first try. However, Jonathan has shown that there is one on the ground behind the church.

Go downstairs and find the wooden lift/elevator. The totem is lying on the ground just to the left side of the platform.

I also bought a totem here on my first try, but later found another in the location Jonathan described, on the ground by the steps.

This one was missing. I checked the residence thoroughly and there was no totem. But then I checked the merchants there and found one right away.

To get to this one you need to climb the stairs almost to the top, walk across a board to a balcony, drop to the balcony below and look on the windowsill.

I found this one but never actually saw it. It was underneath one of the beds in the bunkroom.

Totem 10: Inca Temple behind Amatrice shore
This one is to the far right of the temple under a big fern, almost against the rock wall.

I spent a while trying to find the bridge totem in the lake. It was to the extreme left, in the shallow water by the boundary rock. The bridge totem in the area just before the Aztec city was the one I had already bought, and it was missing from it's location. The one near Portobello was easier to spot once I turned off the grass in the video options.
I tried the ladder cheat, but couldn't make it work. The totems just became invisible.

I hope this will save some folks a little frustration. I would have never finished this quest without the help on this forum.

Dave

Hi mate, it's my first post i'm writing, but i've been reading the forum for a while now.
First of all, sorry for my bad english, i'm italian after all !

I found the totem near the lake almost istantly, but i've got problems finding the one at the Aztec temple:
I looked for it after every fern, but i couldn't find it.
And, should i look LEFT (right of the temple) when i get inside the zone?
And , also, is the rock wall the temple's wall (which is made of rock) , or the environment wall?

Another thing is, i noticed i bought 1 totem off a vendor some times ago, and now i read that if you buy those then you don't need to find all those 10 totems: though, the name of that totem is different from the one i need to look for, so i really don't know.

Thanks for your advice,
Drakul

Edit:
I just noticed those totems on list are for the 2nd part of the mission.
That's bad, i spent over 1 hour looking for the aztec totem!

Edit2:
I am now on the right part of the mission, but i couldn't find the inca's totem.
I bought a totem named tonacatecuhtli, can it be the one at the temple's spot, so that it disappeared there?

Yeah, those Totems gave me a big headache too! Until I found out, that I already possessed all 10 for the later stage of this quest!

The thing is, you can only hold one of each unique Totem (no duplicates).... unless you store them in your chest or give them to officers (this way you can get more of the same type).

Drakul88, beside the Totem(s) to cross the bridge (which you may already have used), do you have 10 Totems in your inventory? If so, you can proceed with the quest and don't have to look any further...

I created a new character and immediately began looking for the totems, but this time I did NOT buy any from the merchants. Every totem was right where it was supposed to be. I found the one at the shores of San Juan Del Norte, which I couldn't find before. It is inside the cave - as you enter the cave from the beach it is at the opposite side of the room on the ground behind a cluster of stalagmites.
Drakul, As you approach the Inca temple from the jungle trail, the totem will be toward the far right corner, near the cliff wall (away from the temple) and fairly close to the beach. It is pretty easy to see, so you probably already have it in your inventory if you can't find it there.

Hey.
Yeah, i found a lot of totems also thanks to the help of a spanish forum!
Descriptions of where the totem actually are , are way more helpful sometimes.
Now, i got 8 totems, but i am kind of stuck when trying to get the totem #2, aka fort de france, dungeon.
I have yet to understand the right translation in italian for this (is it the same as bait/prison? Or something different?), but i tried to look inside the prison in fort de france.
I went downstairs, where there are guards and prisoner, and tried to look for the totem there: i couldn't find anything (and guards, if i moved too near prisoners, attacked me).

Hey.
Yeah, i found a lot of totems also thanks to the help of a spanish forum!
Descriptions of where the totem actually are , are way more helpful sometimes.
Now, i got 8 totems, but i am kind of stuck when trying to get the totem #2, aka fort de france, dungeon.
I have yet to understand the right translation in italian for this (is it the same as bait/prison? Or something different?), but i tried to look inside the prison in fort de france.
I went downstairs, where there are guards and prisoner, and tried to look for the totem there: i couldn't find anything (and guards, if i moved too near prisoners, attacked me).

Then you are in the wrong place. The dungeon is in Forte de France (inside the town). Look out for a trap door in the ground. I think it is on the right hand side of the store. You'll see the open lock icon when you approach it...

Hey, i'm back :)
Any1 knows where the famous wpn Montezuma should give u is?
I killed the death's god, went to Montezuma, who, i believe, told me that the Wpn is inside a chest in the temple of humanity (the one closed) , and that they key to enter is in the old god temple.
Any1 found the key? Cause i looked everywhere but i couldn't find it

Kill the beggers: How can I send my officers and my cabininventory to a 2nd ship in order not to lose all whenn entering the CoaS??

Kill the beggers: How can I send my officers and my cabininventory to a 2nd ship in order not to lose all whenn entering the CoaS??

You have to leave them all around the sea in individual ships at the port masters, maximum 3 per port. Buy them a Tartane each or something.
And give your cabin inventory to one of them.

Hey, i'm back :)
Any1 knows where the famous wpn Montezuma should give u is?
I killed the death's god, went to Montezuma, who, i believe, told me that the Wpn is inside a chest in the temple of humanity (the one closed) , and that they key to enter is in the old god temple.
Any1 found the key? Cause i looked everywhere but i couldn't find it

There was no weapon for me in the chests. I guess Monti is talkign about the heavy obsidian swords. They drop from the skelies and are the best heavy weapon in the game but they weigh a ton so you actually cannot really fight with them.And they are actually clubs but are caled "swords".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back