• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Preventing walktrough buildings

No ideer. I just reported it.

There are random collision detection problems with NPCs too. I got stuck in the La Tortue tavern and again when leaving the Marigot merchant. The only way out was to fast travel to another location.

Please disable that toggle and see if the problem goes away.
It would be good to know if it IS indeed related to that or not.

just tought up a potentional problem with this. For now it doesn't take height in account (I could add it tough if needed). How many multilayer location are there which would have buildingset things in it?

just tought up a potentional problem with this. For now it doesn't take height in account (I could add it tough if needed). How many multilayer location are there which would have buildingset things in it?

In @Jack Rackham - Woodes Rogers story you walk along some roofs ( can't remember if they are Building Set or actual models though) in Port Royale.

:read

btw @Pieter Boelen altough I would like to brag with this new feature straight away I sugest for the next public release we make this and install option which says "WIP collission detection" or something like that. I could change the toggle to a textfile being present somewhere to make it even easier.

Too much chance for unforeseen stuff cropping up when we least expect it, do you think?
We could just have the toggle off by default and keep it only for those frequenting the forum.

I'd like to know if those floating effects disappear with the toggle off though!

I assume you just used the toggle to disable it right?

I assume you just used the toggle to disable it right?
At the moment I actually excluded all the code.
There was so much scary stuff going on the past few weeks that I didn't want to take any chances.
See here for details: Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [okt 2] | Page 7 | PiratesAhoy!

Once everything else it sorted, we can see about putting it back (with the toggle off as you suggested).
Hopefully that won't do anything weird and then we'd be OK to go on. :doff

At the moment I actually excluded all the code.
There was so much scary stuff going on the past few weeks that I didn't want to take any chances.
See here for details: Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [okt 2] | Page 7 | PiratesAhoy!

Once everything else it sorted, we can see about putting it back (with the toggle off as you suggested).
Hopefully that won't do anything weird and then we'd be OK to go on. :doff

well the toggle prevents any of the functions to be executed so it shouldn't do anything weird at all :p.

well the toggle prevents any of the functions to be executed so it shouldn't do anything weird at all :p.
I'll give it another shot later. At the time, I was really grasping at straws, trying to figure out whatever crazy crap was going on.
't Wasn't fun, let's put it that way.... :modding

Code:
  PostEvent("StartCollideCheck", 1000); //Levis

//Levis moved it here for better timing
   StartPostInitChars();

return true;
}

object loc;

bool UnloadLocation(aref loc)
{
   StopCollideCheck();  //Levis
And a third one @Levis: Should these BuildingSet collider checks not be skipped with USE_COLLISSION_DETECTION == 0 as well?

@Levis has restored this to the game and I added some extra toggles so that we can disable it if need be without removing the code.
I've moved the toggle together with the other old-and-new WIP mod toggles to the bottom of globals.c:
Code:
//**********WIP MODS***********
#define FCOHS         0     // Erwin Lindemann: Friendly Contact on High Seas / Hail Ship Mod
#define WEIGHTMOD       0     // KK: All items except quest-items have specific weight which limits the amount a character can take or keep in chests
#define SHIPS_WEIGHT     0     // PB: Cannons and crew have weight; ship capacities are increased to match; overweight ships capsize
#define BUILDING_COLLISION   1     // Levis: Avoid walking through specific BuildingSet structures

Code:
  PostEvent("StartCollideCheck", 1000); //Levis

//Levis moved it here for better timing
   StartPostInitChars();

return true;
}

object loc;

bool UnloadLocation(aref loc)
{
   StopCollideCheck();  //Levis
And a third one @Levis: Should these BuildingSet collider checks not be skipped with USE_COLLISSION_DETECTION == 0 as well?
The check is in the function itself

The check is in the function itself
I saw, but then you still have a PostEvent running that is meant to be doing nothing at all.
Maybe not quite necessary, so I added some extra ifs around it.

LOL! This feature is hilarious. I found a BuildingSet church and tried to walk through it.
I STILL CAN! But it is pushing me back. It's like trying to push two positive magnetic poles together. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back