• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question

@ DavyJack: i'll follow your suggestion, i like that soundtrack so much :dance
@ Pieter Boelen: Again thanks for reply, this mod seems perfect to me:onya

Question: is it possible to become friend of someone here? And a technical question: how to make screenshots when playing PotC?

Oh sorry, i'm still trying to understand how the site works...:drunk

I'm installing New Horizon in my pc, i've yet installed the installer, for the part 2 i simply have to unzip it and overwite in the proper folder?

No, you just place both files in the same folder and run the Installer EXE.
That takes care of everything.

Because it is theoretically possible? I wonder if the 7-Zip extracting would still work if I just remove the extension.
Or just make it a .potc file or something.

i think that might actualy work pieter , so long as the installer knows what it is and trys to open it as a 7z give it a crack i guess ?

I'll give it a shot for the next update. :yes

Might also be able to figure out how to make the installation more efficient next time around.
I used a different method for extracting 7-Zip files on my job and am hoping I could apply it here as well.

Sorry for asking this here maybe it's not the proper forum, but i'm experiencing some issues with the mod, sometimes it doesn't apply my choices to the game, so for example instead of a blue flag i have one red, and for example, when doing the first steps of the main quest, some things aren't where they should be, for example many times when starting a new game i have to selll leather and chocolate to Oxbay (Barbados) store, but i don't have them in the ship inventory...I followed the steps for installing the mod correctly, so i installed the original PotC on C:\games and the mod New Horizon also here but in a different sub-folder, so windows 7 shouldn't create problems, after all, i played with the original game on w7 before and i had no problems...I have a 2gb Nvidia gtx 650 graphic card, and a intel i5-3470 quad core processor (maybe telling my pc skills could help)...:rpirate

What storyline are you playing? If the Standard one, your flag choice should work.
Though of course you do need to hoist your Personal Flag for it to appear.

As for that other issue, perhaps that is due to the new Economy System?
There's something wrong with that, so I recommend you get this as well: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/

Also, what ship are you starting with? Perhaps she doesn't have the cargo space needed.

Something is very wrong here. Did you run the installer.exe and point it to your POTC install? In fact I'm not sure it will work with the installer folder inside the POTC folder.

Does your main menu screen look like this?
Beta3 2014-08-28 09-45-47-70.jpg

Yes, i have this screen, but for exaple alsothe p key that should be used to pause the game doesn't work...
Well i use the main storyline, where you have to inform the Redmond governor about Oxbay captured by french navy...I'm starting my game with the naval cutter, i like how you made it!
Could i ask which island is now Redmond in game?

The naval cutter has no cargo space so you have no cargo.

Redmond? Jamaica methinks.

I see so with a cutter i can carry only ammunition and food and rum?
Well i went to Jamaica and i found a pirate island...

Look at your map. Port Royal is on Jamaica. It sounds like you missed Jamaica and ended up at Nevis, Turks, or Tortuga.

Oh yeah, I experienced the Cargo problem before in the beginning of the standard storyline several times. I forgot how I got around to fixing it. I think I sell all my loot then after that, the missing cargo will reappear. But yes, I think its Economy System before, which was messed up. I suggest you get the latest update too.

Back