• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question

Great thing to know, i like Nathaniel Hawk face, but till now i haven't found him with an english navy uniform...As i use now the Interceptor, i'd like to dress him properly :rpirate

If you get an English Letter of Marque and get yourself promoted, you'll get the uniforms automatically.

Well i have the letter of marque, but to get promoted what have i to do? Only fulfil the missions that the various english Governors give me? I also saw that Antigua is an English Navy Base, is there that i can be promoted?
One question about ships: i literally fall in love with the Interceptor fast brig, she's really well made, but could it be possible to modify her in order to can fire forward too? She doesn't have cannons pointed forward, but adding for example two hand cannons forward so when i'm following a prey i can fire on it?

Last edited:
Any English governor can promote you. It is based off your reputation with England as shown on the Relations page.

Ok i just saw this, i've been promoted by the governor of Cayman at the rank of midshipman, with also the uniform, and now i'm trying to find his lost daughter...The more i go on in playing this mod, the more i like it and how it makes this yet wonderful game more wonderful :ship

For promotions, you don't need to do the missions. It'll be much faster if you go off on your own and sink enemies of, in this case, England.
Take over some enemy towns and give them to England and it'll be REALLY fast!

It is possible to add "cannon locators" to the Interceptor using our "TOOL", but that does require quite some doing.

Err, those are big cannons and big cannons take longer to reload than small cannons? :shrug

What exactly are you complaining about? These cannons are not machine guns and take time to reload.

if i might add just because there are less cannon does not mean that they will load quicker each cannon has a crew to load and fire it so whether its 1 cannon or 100 cannons the crews still work at roughly the same pace

Last edited:
Make sure you have enough crew on board!

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and reduce the RELOAD_TIME_MULTIPLIER number. That should speed things up for all ships.

@Pieter Boelen: Wow, i could add forward cannons to interceptor? Great, and where is the Tool you mentioned? What do you mean for some doing? I have to be an expert modder to use this tool?

What do you mean "either of which will stop the action" ? So if your're in an alert mode - red blinking effect on your character model picture, and decides to temporarily exit the game by going to main menu (F1) or character menu (F2), it will not stop the hostile forces from approaching and attacking you?
Pressing 'P' to pause does not work. Pressing F1 (Main Menu) or F2 (Character Menu) does stop the action.

@Pieter Boelen: Wow, i could add forward cannons to interceptor? Great, and where is the Tool you mentioned? What do you mean for some doing? I have to be an expert modder to use this tool?
Tool is here: http://piratesahoy.net/build/tools/Modeling+Texturing/Inez Dias Tool.rar
It requires a lot of "fiddling" and especially "trial and error".

Pressing 'P' to pause does not work. Pressing F1 (Main Menu) or F2 (Character Menu) does stop the action.
The actual keyboard "Pause" key is set to do that. I cannot test it though, because my keyboard doesn't have one. :wp

It means you end up placing the position, check if it rights, modify again, check again.
Quite a lot of going back and forth.

I see... And with this tool i could also modify and create a new kind of ship?for example i saw that to create the naval cutter you placed the cutter mast and sails on a original game vanilla lugger hull...
How (and where) to install the tool and make it work?

Last edited:
Back