• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question

Hylie Pistof said:
Do you want to modify an existing ship or create a new ship? Modifying a ship isn't too hard, but creating a new ship can easily take a year or more.

Did the mod builder take many years to create a ships?

Akella started building ships for Sea Dogs which methinks came out in 1997. They kept building new ships for each new game. The thing is, the ships they built were low rez and did not have much detail. The mod ships are built to a higher standard and take longer to build. Most of Akella's ships have been upgraded or replaced over the years.

The ships built by modders have taken anywhere from 6-18 months to build. Read about them in the Storm Modeling forum.

The TOOL allows you to modify the rigging of ships and, with some being creative, you can add details too.
You cannot change the shape of the original ship with it.

Is it too difficult to learn? I have to say that i'm reeeeally new to modding, i just did 3 simple mods for the game Skyrim...

Is it too difficult to learn? I have to say that i'm reeeeally new to modding, i just did 3 simple mods for the game Skyrim...
Just try.
There might be some hints in the "New Horizons Tutorials & History.pdf" in your Documentation folder as well.

Question: trying other storylines, i saw the armed schooner, is quite beautiful, isn't it posiible to have it also in the main storyline of Nathaniel Hawk?

I see...Well i asked because i saw similar ships in the main storyline with similar masts, but not thatbeautiful hull, it reminds me the Baltimora schooners, and i found this armed schooner perfect for a corsair character :sail

Could i ask if this mod will be expanded in the future? I like it vey much and i'd like to see some towns on the american coast too to visit or prey :ship....

We are still working on it and there will be another update in a while. But more towns aren't going to happen.

What IS going to happen though is improved versions of existing towns!

Back