• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Raa frigate

I wish that one moderator'll close this and the poseidon one topic, i thinked that have this two models was good, the person that made this ships said me that fls has right only on textures, that i've changed with textures tooken by potc, anyway converting it i didn't want to make problems, excuse me please, tomorrow i'll delet files from ftp and i hope that this will finish.

And you also had the ship interface pictures in the work. That's a lot of work,
but I don't care if it takes you a long time because I'll be away for five months anyway. :wp
That's true, but it's hardly going to take me five months! xD:
Besides, I believe miklkit was helping me with the interface pictures coding... :wp

I wish that one moderator'll close this and the poseidon one topic, i thinked that have this two models was good, the person that made this ships said me that fls has right only on textures, that i've changed with textures tooken by potc, anyway converting it i didn't want to make problems, excuse me please, tomorrow i'll delet files from ftp and i hope that this will finish.
Wait, what are you saying? :?
These ships have been approved by Jabberdau to be featured in our game, you've gone to the trouble to convert them, I'm going to do the locators... so why stop suddenly?
There have been misunderstandings and long waits, that's all. These ships are too good not to include now!
And I'm still more than happy to do the locator work, you know. ;)
You've done nothing wrong yourself, so there's no need to apologise for anything. And no need to delete the files! :shock

Jack now you do not have to overreact. It just has to be all water-tight. This makes us FLS no problems. ;)

I'd like to see this ships ingame, obviusly, but if that make troubles... If for all you have this ships is ok, good, if not ok anyway, i simply don't want that two ships, very good ships, make we row...

Nobody here has a problem; SueprDurnius just expressed his worries about using too many other game's ships,
but since it's just two and we do have permission for those, there should be no problem.
Especially if Jabberdau says the textures are PotBS property, but the models are not and you changed the textures, then we're fully covered.

I'd like to see this ships ingame, obviusly, but if that make troubles... If for all you have this ships is ok, good, if not ok anyway, i simply don't want that two ships, very good ships, make we row...

Personally I whole-heartedly support the acquisition of PotBS ships for porting to either PotC or CoAS as they are very nice ships that are in my opinion going to waste on that game due to Flying Labs Software's ever expanding chain of very bad decisions. You seem to be going through the proper channels anyway so I wouldn't worry there Jack. Also you aren't selling your conversions for prophet so really no one can come after you if that's what you and SuperDurnius are worried about. You guys are doing it the legal (and smart) way I commend you on that. :onya

Personally I would just take the PotBS ship models by force if I could but THAT'S just my own personal spiteful, vengeful, burning hatred for FLS speaking. I would NEVER suggest taking stuff without permission of the original owners. Nonetheless I wouldn't see porting PotBS ships for the build mod as stealing from FLS as I would see it as being more akin to taking children away from abusive parents and placing them in a better home.

With that said sir Jack I present to you a letter of marque to liberate as many PotBS ships as you can. :cheeky

So yeah don't panic jack as you have MY support mate. :cheers

Oh and SuperDurnius I'm not disrespecting you either. You are just being careful that's all. And that's cool as well.

"Nonetheless I wouldn't see porting PotBS ships for the build mod as stealing from FLS as I would see it as being more akin to taking children away from abusive parents and placing them in a better home."

:rofl :rofl :rofl

AMEN Brother

MK

Especially since FLS is doing a bang-up good job in stealing ships from the poor captains who sail on the burning sea themselves.

No longer may you sail a mighty 1st or 2nd rate ship of the line on the burning sea. Why? Because GM Lum said so with patch 1.26. :whipa

And I recon those majestic ships are just the beginning of things to come for those poor chaps still playing PotBS.

Take it from me, once the 3 day long captain of a proud trinity class 2nd rate till Lum stole her and left me with but a small leaky dinguy. :urgh
HE'LL BE KISSIN CUTLESS NEXT TIME WE MEET!

I'd actually like to see as many PotBS ships as we can get our hands on make it into the build mod and CoAS. :yes

PERMISSION AND COPYRIGHT:

Here is the deal with PotBS ships:

FLS agreed to create a content creation program for shipmodels, where the rights to the model belongs to the creator and can be used freely anywhere else. We actually had to sign a contact that specifically specifies this. You can se it here:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4763

"All Models and your authorization to submit and use them in the Game are subject to the following terms:

License to Flying Lab: You grant Flying Lab a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, assignable, right and license to use some, all or parts of the Models you submit in the Game and any expansions or sequels. This license includes the right to (a) encode, digitize and store the Models; (b) use, publish, perform, display, reproduce, transmit, and broadcast the Models and create derivative works of the Models; and (c) add to, subtract from, manipulate, change, edit, revise, translate, rearrange or otherwise edit, and merge the Models with other materials for any purpose in Flying Lab's sole discretion. Flying Lab may exercise all of the foregoing rights in any and all formats or media (including without limitation online use), whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world.

Retained Rights: You retain the right to use the Models as you wish, even in the context of another game. However, you may not make any use of the Models that is inconsistent with the rights you have granted to Flying Lab. For example, you may not license the Models to a third party on an exclusive basis or sell all rights in the Models."

Now. I made the Poseidon and the Raa. There isnt much activity on the PotBS boards anymore and most of the creators have disappeared. The only ones I know that still comes around are Kris Wood and Xaphod. Marion van Ghent which have made the most models, 7 or so including the Packetboat and the Olifant, have disappeared entirely. So has Michael O´Dwyer, Remus77 and most of the others. You can check who the individual authors are in this thread:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906

And then there are the ships created by FLS. These are not listed in the above thread and the rights for thiose belongs to FLS(Such as the San Fernando first rate).

Sounds to me like there's no problem at all. Thanks for clarifiying, Jabberdau!
And thanks even more for your ships themselves! :bow

Ok, thank's, really this was only a misundertanding, so no problem, i don't remember, i have uploade it on ftp or not yet? xD:

Back