• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

Hey now that Pieter has shown me how to insert Images Here's an Image of MY Trinity in all her glory.
DMTrinity.jpg

Hey Armada I was wondering if you give me a list of the textures you used on the following areas of the ship (for repainting purposes)...

Hull=?

Trim=?

Waterline=?

Top highlight=?

Interior=?

I'd love to know these as I have a few repaints in mind already.

Not the least of which will be a loving recreation of my own Trinity but also I'm going to take a crack at making a skin for the real Christianus Sixtus using a picture I have of a danish 3rd rate wooden model as a reference.

Sure thing:

Hull= Poseidon8
Trim= AOP_Wood from SeaNorris' FTP folder, although I think it's similar to Poseidon15
Waterline= Poseidon11
Top highlight= Poseidon6
Interior= Poseidon9

A texture based on the real ship would be brilliant! I'd love to see how you get on with that. :doff

If nothing new here, how's the B14 cleanup and other projects going?
Still going strong and getting somewhere too. Feel free to have a look at the thread and join in the discussion: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16769-potc-build-mod-ship-cleanup/page__st__280
I'd personally welcome input from anyone so we end up with the collection of ships that we actually want.

Better weekly than daily for sure; I can't always do much on this ship each day, anyway. :nk

Indeed (after all Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are good ships) I figure I'll check in on weekends and give you some time to work. :cheeky

Well luckily the ship's already built, and I've just got to make it work.
Technically that means all the hard work has already been done; the rest is down to following a standard procedure...
... and the programs actually working properly. :rolleyes:

Oh, and something's been bugging me: should we use 'Sixtus' or 'Sextus'?
I've seen both spellings in various places, more the former than the latter, and clearly we need to pick one if we are to name the ship's class after it.
Sextus makes more sense to me, because Sixtus almost looks a bit Anglicised, but does anyone know more about which name is more 'correct'?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it seems Christianus Sextus/Sixtus actually translates to Christian VI, the Danish monarch for whom the ship was named.
That means we'd be calling her a 'Sixth class 2nd rate'. :wacko: (Oh, and don't try Christianus Sextus on Google Translate; the result is a bit... odd.)

So, any other ideas on the class name? Maybe now we should go with 'Trinity'...?

I understand what you're saying, but then I already knew Sixtus/Sextus means "six"/"sixth" before that. I don't actually care; it can be "Sixtus class Second Rate", "Christianus class Second Rate", "Trinity class Second Rate". :shrug

Hmmm!

Given those circumstances perhaps "Trinity 2nd Rate" IS the best course after all. :shrug

We'll just have to be more creative with naming the ship classes for the other PotBS ships to make up for this one.

But I'll still try to make that true Christianus Sixtus ship texture I was thinking about for the game. :yes

Short update: I've started adding the guns to the main walk-able decks, and will do the lower decks soon.
I've made the guns on the main deck slightly larger than the ones on the upper deck, to give a sense of different calibres being used.
I would post a screenshot, but Maya is being a bit slow with letting me apply the material and texture to the cannons, so that can't happen at the moment.
My poor computer is only just managing to work with this ship; or rather, Maya is struggling a bit. :facepalm
Still, I'm carefully saving at each stage, to hopefully ensure I don't lose anything if it freezes.

Sounds like you're making good progress there mate. :yes

Well let's hope your computer holds together there.

This progress is amazing for a project that only just got started. :doff

Keep up the good work sir.

Not this time, I'm afraid. The final preparations for Beta 2 are well under way, and I've been helping to sort out my work for that.
It looks as though Beta 2 will be released very shortly, so I'll resume work on this ship when I'm sure Pieter doesn't need anything else from me. ;)

No worries mate. :doff

A more stable B14 is a worthy cause anyway that I am waiting for as well. :yes

I'm currently playing B13 while I'm waiting for some bug fixes.

B14 bugs I've faced are...

Post-storm out of control spinning

Miss-spawned enemies in certain port battles

Constant random crashes during boarding/looting :modding

If those get fixed with B14 the slight wait on my ship is worth it. :onya

I'll Check up on this again next weekend.

Back