• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

Hope you do well on those exams mate! I have graduated and have some time now. If you want help with textures and locators and such let me know.
danse1.gif
Where you at on her?
dunno.gif

Thanks mate, and congrats on your graduation! :cheers

Last time I updated the ship was when I added the cannons to the main gun decks; I still need to get a screenshot of that.
Basically I need to finish off the guns, make a path model, and then separate the ship into the hull, mast1, mast2 etc before exporting.
I'm aiming to get some of the locators done in Maya (namely cannon locators and a few others), so you don't have so much trial-and-error to do when she's exported. ;)

Hmm... I can't really say for sure. This is the biggest ship I've had to export from scratch, and the first I've imported from PotBS. :shrug
I will certainly try to chip away at her each week, if not each day, to lighten the load a bit. I want to see this ship in-game as much as anyone else! :dance
Trouble is, I'm also keen to work on my own project to massively upgrade the stock frigate, so chances are I'll be switching between the two.

Hmm... I can't really say for sure. This is the biggest ship I've had to export from scratch, and the first I've imported from PotBS. :shrug
I will certainly try to chip away at her each week, if not each day, to lighten the load a bit. I want to see this ship in-game as much as anyone else! :dance
Trouble is, I'm also keen to work on my own project to massively upgrade the stock frigate, so chances are I'll be switching between the two.

Your largest scratch ship port huh?

Well She'll be a proud one for sure. :yes

As for the frigate if you mentioned, you're talking about the Rossiya aren't you.

I was looking at that ship and she DOES look pretty sweet as well.

Nice work all around there mate. :onya

Cheers mate! I finally got Maya to cooperate earlier, so here's a screenie of some of the new cannons on the ship's deck:

CS_WIP2.jpg

You can just about see the difference in cannon size and shape, to represent different calibres.
And, of course, some of the masterful work of the original modeller can be seen in the background. :keith
What do you think about the deck texture, which we now use on most ships in Build 14?

So how's your exams going there Armada? :mm

Here's hoping you ace them. :onya
Finished them last week, and luckily they weren't as bad as I had expected. Now I just hope my results reflect that... :will

Anyway, I'll try to get back to working on this ship ASAP. ;)

Weekly Check in time again. :mm

Any news on this ship or other projects there?

I'm also wondering if the new HMS Prince will have any effect on this project priority wise as I know that the Prince has been a high demand ship by the community for some time. :hmm

I'm certainly not complaining if there is a priority shift as I'm a pretty decent fan of the Prince too.

As it happens, there is some news, but it's only behind-the-scenes stuff this time.
I recently reorganised the ship's components so that they fit into the game's typical groups: 'hull', 'mast1', mast2' etc. That's one step closer to exporting the ship!

Next up, I'm hoping to upgrade the cannons with a modified version I completed recently. It's just an aesthetic thing really, to make the guns more realistic, but keep the face count low.
After that, I'll make the path model, and then I'll get on with triangulating the polygons (because the game doesn't support anything other than triangles).
That will give us a good idea of the final face count (in triangles)... which I'm estimating will be around 120k... :shock
(EDIT: Oh crap, I just realised I'll also need to add all the gunport hatches, too...)

As for the HMS Prince, you'll be pleased to know that Iron Roger Flint has taken her on, so I don't have to split my priorities between the ships. ;)

Wow sounds like she's almost done.(or at least some major progress) :woot

Adding the gunport hatches would be another nice touch. :yes

The PotBS version didn't even have the gunport hatches. :blah:

Could I still get that hull size comparrison with the San Felipe?

Could I still get that hull size comparrison with the San Felipe?
Err, you'll be lucky if my PC allows it, to be honest. :p2
There are some basic things that slow right down in Maya when I'm working on the Trinity, so putting the San Felipe alongside is asking for trouble...
Originally I thought it might just work, but now I have my doubts. The program has a tendency to stop responding if I do something too demanding. :facepalm

How's things here? :hmm

I actually forgot to check in last week as I've been busy with world of tanks. :blah:

Back