• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

Just checking in again. Any progress on those 3 remaining steps?

You'll be interested to know that I've finally upgraded to B14 therefore in addition to my planned paint variants of the ship I can also submit a rough draft for her init stats for the game if you need, once the model is ready.

In short my good friend I'm ready to go whenever you are.

I've not made any more progress, lately. I've been extremely busy with college work, especially with exams coming up soon.
I can't say for sure when the ship will be fully exported to GM and ready for in-game trials, because I'm really having to focus my time on revision.
If I get some free time over this weekend, I might be able to get something done. Otherwise, the soonest I can work on her will be late June, I guess.

Well thanks for the situation update mate.

No need to check in again till the end of June I guess.

Gives me time to take care of other business too (as well as setting up my version of B14 to my own personal tastes) so no worries.:cool:

As usual I bid you "God Speed" on your endeavours and see ya then.:doff

Update: I will return to this ship shortly. Progress will hopefully be a little more speedy this time. ;)

Glad to see you back mate.

How did your exams go there?:read

Looking forward to testing this ship ingame soon I hope.

I hope to use her to kick off my first real B14 campagin.

Exams went fairly well, I thought. I could be proven wrong on results day, but hopefully not. xD
Can't wait to see this ship sailing in B14 either! :keith

Just get the model test ready and send it my way, and I'll do the testing and make the rough ships.init stat draft for the ship if you wish.

Yep, she's now next on my list having recently finished my part in the Constitution upgrade. Sorry for the wait. :oops:
Last time I worked on her, I had around half the path model done, so that's almost finished. Then it's sorting out the masts, followed by GM export.

Well I've been away for the best part of the last fortnight, so no progress to report on yet. I'm back now and can resume work though. :)

I hope whatever it was you were doing was fun and awsome. :cheers One can't have too much fun.:monkeydance

Anyhow I'm ready to test , make tough ships.init draft, and make my promised paint variants. as soon as your model is ready.:yes

PROGRESS at last! :dance

I've now got the mast stumps done, which allow masts to break seamlessly.

CS_Mast_Stumps.jpg

The small grey parts of the deck are part of the path model, which is pretty much the last thing to do before exporting.
Then I'll just need to add the essential locators to make her test-ready. Someone else would need to expand on the locators to form more complex rigging.

EDIT: I decided to start exporting the finished components now to save time later, so all parts of the hull are now in GM format. I was going to do the masts too, but Maya gave up on me so I'll try again later. Interestingly, the main hull component has exported perfectly on the first try, so works with TOOL and locators can be added without errors. That's what I like to see! :D

So the path is all that's left? Awsome!

How long do you think that will take?

Can't wait to get started on her!

Well the path should be a quick job, considering I only need to make half of it and then mirror it across the hull.
It has to be the dullest part of the conversion, though. :rolleyes:

Now I've got visions of this ship in our new community project... imagine seeing her rendered in Unreal Engine 3!

Well the path should be a quick job, considering I only need to make half of it and then mirror it across the hull.
It has to be the dullest part of the conversion, though. :rolleyes:
true dat
seeing this ship in the new project would be amazing! among many other fine vessels, there is so much potential!

Haha Guess I'd better get setup as I plan to get to work on her straight away. :yes

One thing I must ask. Has there been new changes to the FTP commander?

I can't seem to access the files at the moment.o_O

When the ship is ready for testing can you give me a download link?

Back