• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Remus77 Christianus/Trinity

Post storm spinning....................Fixed. Now you have to worry about spinning and capsizing during the storm. :))

Mis-spawned enemies? :shrug

Those used to happen to me once in a while. Or rather the game I was playing decided to do it every time. A new game would fix it. But! I have played the Sea Hawk Quest all the way thru twice with out any boarding CTDs. :2guns Still playing the game one as free play.

By miss-spawned enemies I mean certain ports battles. In some ports the battle instances would be messed up.

the defending enemies would be clipped either outside of or even under the battle aera and you couldn't kill them thus find yourself stuck han having to restart your game.

By miss-spawned enemies I mean certain ports battles. In some ports the battle instances would be messed up.

the defending enemies would be clipped either outside of or even under the battle aera and you couldn't kill them thus find yourself stuck han having to restart your game.

Do you mean when you are trying to capture a town - and the defending soldiers - or your crew are spawned outside the model?

That should now be fixed - but there are still some problems with the capture colonies mod ( it is still a work in progress )

See this post for the most up to date situation. ---->>>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__389087

:xmas

Post-storm out of control spinning
I've rewritten that code and it should be better now. Can anyone confirm that as per Patch 7, it is properly playable? Or do we need to decrease the impulse values some more?

Miss-spawned enemies in certain port battles
What's the last modpack version you tried? Talismas did a lot of Town Boarding locator file fixes, which were included in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6.

Constant random crashes during boarding/looting :modding
There was an error with a ship boarding locator file; Talisman's fix for that is in Patch 7.

In my experience storms are serious trouble for the small ships, but not too bad with larger ships. There is no longer any post storm spinning.

With the impulse set at 2 a small ship with me sailing it had almost no chance of surviving a storm unless it was very short. With the impulse set to 1.5 it was 50/50 as to whether I would survive. At 1 storms are not deadly anymore. Maybe 1.25 is better?

At the moment, I've got it for 0.02; I think we'll just make it 0.01. The impulse should only be enough so that you can't set your heading and then ignore things until the storm is over.
As long as you occasionally need to counter the storm action, that's good enough for me. The storm already does damage of its own and there's still the capsize mod to make things more difficult.

Well the last version of B14 I tried I believe was v1.4 I think.

The crashes drove me nuts so I had decided to wait for the beta to be done once I heard about it.

Beta 1 Patch 4, you mean? We have made some pretty substantial stability improvements since then; you should give Beta 2 a shot once it's released. :yes

Beta 1 Patch 4, you mean? We have made some pretty substantial stability improvements since then; you should give Beta 2 a shot once it's released. :yes

I believe I will as I was quite impressed with the overall structure of B14. :doff

And this ship when done will certainly get me off to a GREAT start as this game eventually replaces PotBS for me fully. :yes

My best ship back in service at last. :piratesahoy!

I understand B14 Beta 2 just launched so is this project resuming or is there still a few things that need doing first? :hmm

Just checking up on my most eagerly awaited project here (and things as a whole). :mm

I need to finish installing Beta 2 myself first, and then make sure it works properly before continuing any of my modelling projects.
However, don't expect much to be done this week, because I'll be rather busy with college work. :urgh

No worries mate. :doff

We all have lives to live. :yes

Tis why I check in for progress updates weekly instead of daily.

Like any major project there is some weeks of progress others...not-so-much.

Heck I'm kind of on vacation as well. :beer

But hey Beta 2 is at least ready for testing. I'm sure to test it myself when I get back.

Well I'm having to revise for some exams which start in just over a week's time, so I'm trying not to let myself get carried away with any projects on here. :mm
Must... revise... but it's so... tedious... and boring. :urgh

Thanks mate! They're actually college exams, so they're not easy, that's for sure. :shock

I was just curious if I could get a size comparrison pic of the Trinity with Pgargon's San Felipe there?

Well you appear to have your hands quite full with all kinds of other things there Armada. :hmm

May you do well in ALL those ventures mate. :onya

So I'm going to forgo my normal check in, and just ask when MIGHT be a better time to start checking in on this ship again? :?

I was just curious if I could get a size comparrison pic of the Trinity with Pgargon's San Felipe there?
I must have missed this post before. Anyway, I can do a size comparison with part of the San Felipe's hull,
but not the whole thing, because it involves messing around with TOOL before exporting to OBJ format etc, which takes a while.
I'll see if I can do this when I resume work on this ship. ;)

Well you appear to have your hands quite full with all kinds of other things there Armada. :hmm

May you do well in ALL those ventures mate. :onya

So I'm going to forgo my normal check in, and just ask when MIGHT be a better time to start checking in on this ship again? :?
Thanks mate! Unfortunately my exams (four of them) start this coming week, and my last one is the following Tuesday.
So I can't say for sure, but I guess you could check back again two weeks from now in case I get anything done after my exams.

Back