• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Repairing Bad Ropes

1 Yes.
2 And the shrouds are neither horizontal nor 45 degrees tilted which is what you can get from the TOOL. I mean adding a new component for the missing shroud. (Like a double sided door model.)
3 So I made a new part = the hull but calling for a texture with only the shroud textures remaining. Then tilted it 180 degrees sideways and added it to the hull. To double the 3 existing ones and add a new shroud.
But I miscalculated what the angel of the now upside shrouds would be. Pointing the wrong way!

So I'm sorry I can't help here.

This is sad, hope that this beautiful ship gets saved at some point.:(
You could perhaps help by sharing that donation link.
On the other hand, I could probably do that too and haven't done it yet either.
I have limited time and other priorities...

And some models have just one or two components which include everything. "NL_Batavia" is one of these. If you remove the hull, you remove almost everything else at the same time, including all the shroud platforms.
Too bad.
Stupid dodgy VCO models. :yes

1 Yes.
2 And the shrouds are neither horizontal nor 45 degrees tilted which is what you can get from the TOOL. I mean adding a new component for the missing shroud. (Like a double sided door model.)
3 So I made a new part = the hull but calling for a texture with only the shroud textures remaining. Then tilted it 180 degrees sideways and added it to the hull. To double the 3 existing ones and add a new shroud.
But I miscalculated what the angel of the now upside shrouds would be. Pointing the wrong way!

So I'm sorry I can't help here.
Thanks anyway for trying! :doff

Another bad rope showed up during a play through "Hoist the Colours", and will also appear in 'Tales of a Sea Hawk". The cursed Black Pearl has a bad rope 30. This is one of four lifts connecting mainsail spar "rey_a2" to mainmast "mast3". In fact, both starboard lifts are missing:
pearl_old2.jpg

One is missing because its x co-ordinate is negative, making it a duplicate of one of the port lifts. That was easily fixed. Rope 30 is bad because one end is supposed to be on "mast3" and is not. TOOL refused to read "mast3", which is probably why rope 30 has simply been removed from other Pearl variants. Instead, I put the other end onto "rey_a2" in midair, matching where it would be on the mast when the ship is assembled. And now:
pearl_new2.jpg

Then I copied the new "rey_a2" to the other Pearl types.

Attachments

• blackpearl.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 139
Back