• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

The Peal is pirate. For that short bit, I set pirates friendly to the player and auto swap to your personal flag. That should keep her friendly. But if you then hoist a French flag, national relations kick in and the pirates are at war with France, therefore you too.

Sooooooo new game time , new character time , new story's of me being a doofus time :D

The good ship Sea Horse,
new start.jpg

who went on a voyage south west of la grenade and accidentally ended up here,
oops.jpg

but fortunately found a way out , in what would probably one day be called the panama canal,
oops again.jpg

to the wrong side....

That tartane is a great little ship but I hope you didn't try to take on that frigate.

Yeah, getting caught in the mainland is a pain.

That frigate is one of the French ships at Barbados , i have taken em on a few times in the past :wp

If you capture the last ship at the Battle of Bridgetown the game will crash. But if you manage to save it will continue just fine. It actually looks pretty cool.

Beta3 2014-11-08 14-20-59-27.jpg Beta3 2014-11-08 14-21-20-41.jpg Beta3 2014-11-08 22-31-08-44.jpg Beta3 2014-11-08 22-40-46-67.jpg Beta3 2014-11-08 22-57-54-21.jpg

Pretty cool eh! :aar That is the view from the Bridgetown dock into the harbor after capturing the last ship. I wanted to plunder her but could not.:shrug

Hey guys, I need some help with this issue - I wanted to make a few screens depicting "visual" bugs, but when I press the F8, I get some jumbled images with missing textures of the sea. What's wrong?

No ideer. You could get Fraps for free which takes screenies in BMP format and then convert them to JPG in Paint, or you could get Gimp for free and convert with that.

But what you get is what is showing on your screen. Are you saying that the screenies you get do not look like what is on the screen?

I always windowed mode, print screen and Paint.
Ridiculously simple and primitive perhaps, but it works for me.

Are you saying that the screenies you get do not look like what is on the screen?

For some strange reason, yes, some textures are missing from the shots, that's the problem... I'll look more into it. BTW, what I wanted to report is the sometimes flooded Guadelupe port pier, as well as some ships with some serious leaks:D

On Windows 8 and later, you can also press Windows Key + PrintScreen to save screenshots directly to your User\Pictures\Screenshots folder in PNG format.

BTW, what I wanted to report is the sometimes flooded Guadelupe port pier, as well as some ships with some serious leaks:D
That's weird. There already is this line in PROGRAM\Locations\init\Guadeloupe.c:
Code:
Locations[n].MaxSeaHeight = 1.1; // screwface

That pier is lower than the others and does get flooded. Always has. Methinks that sea height was messed with not too long ago and is good for most locations.

What ships were leaking? Certain small ships have hulls so low that in rough seas they can almost submerge.

That MaxHeight value is set per location. We could reduce the value for Guadeloupe port.
Make a Bug Tracker entry so that I'll remember to check it next time I have a coding weekend.

I have the same problem with the screenshots. To fix that, you just need to save them again in tga.

It doesn't help - I get a pic where the sea is replaced with white blank...

That MaxHeight value is set per location. We could reduce the value for Guadeloupe port.
Make a Bug Tracker entry so that I'll remember to check it next time I have a coding weekend.

All right, as long as you know that my screenies do not depict the sea itself:)

Back