• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SFX Project

Boy this all taking way longer than I ever expected it to. haha Granted, I AM screwing around a lot, but still.
user_comment.gif

Thanks for the upload mate, I'll check out and see what kind of goodies you have.
me.gif

I just had an awesome idea!
hi.gif

I'm gonna incorporate some elements of the ride into the game. I'm not gonna spoil the fun by telling you where I'm placing them, but I will tell you that you can only find them in certain locations and some can only be triggered by certain events . . .
user_comment.gif

So search high and low and listen well for these few special "Easter Eggs"
smile2.gif

You're bound to get a taste of nostalgia when you're in a certain spot, and a snippet of the ride plays. haha

"Ye come seeking adventure and salty old pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place."
328_skull.gif

Despite my first initial statement, I'm not replacing EVERY SINGLE sound effect in the game. There are a number of sounds that I'm leaving as is, such as the majority of the voices, the foot steps, and some of the inside of buildings sounds.
buds.gif

Tinkering with the code has made this go much longer than it had been. I'm still having trouble getting the volumes just right. For example, the jungle sounds seem to be far too quiet compared to everything else.
mybad.gif

All improvement is welcome, but there's no need to replace everything. Some sounds do actually sound fine. :wp

OT. Do you know that the Northern California Pirate Festival is this weekend? You are an easy 200 miles away, but I thought you might be interested.

OT. Do you know that the Northern California Pirate Festival is this weekend? You are an easy 200 miles away, but I thought you might be interested.

Good to know.
Not enough to get me to drive to Northern CA though. haha
slap.gif

Actually, there's one in Long Beach and One in San Diego this month, I think.

I just put in some much nicer sounds for the swords. I was debating if the guns needed some help or not. I'm still not done re-doing the ship sounds.
poet.gif

Things are on hold at the moment while I try to figure out my the water in my game is all messed up.

No it didn't. I tried the ENB thing too. Now I'll try installing Patch 5 then Patch 6 lite
modding.gif

Ok I guess I'm giving up on the water problem and getting back on my SFX project.

AFTER I finish a video I'm making for my church. I'll be done with that in a few days so later this week I'll get back on the project. Feels like ages since I worked on it. And my ex managed to break my heart for a third time in as many months, so add all this up and it's no wonder I'm a little discouraged.
dunno.gif

Sorry about this guys. I'll try to get back on this as soon as I'm able.

Yay! With that annoying water problem gone, I can finally get back to working on my projects. Ugh. That was sooooooo annoying. haha
urgh.gif

I'm working on the music right now. I'll get back to the SFX when I finish with that.
me.gif

My attempts to get some new 'sea' sounds over my holiday break didn't work out sadly - the device i had(a little usb dictaphone) had issues with the type of sound the sea makes in relation to being able to record low level sounds etc, most annoying and probably a 'setting' i could have changed if i had the manual with me!!

Anyway i think it must be possible to get sounds of sailing ships with louder 'water against the hull' levels on the net somewhere? I'll let you know if i find any :)

The 'Sails flapping' levels are ok currently i would say, and maybe the general 'wooden creaks and squeaks' are a little too quiet, but still quite audible compared to the sound of the sea against the hull(which seems nearly silent?). Even for the bigger ships in the game, compared to modern giant ships, you would hear the sea against the hull alot more than we currently do in game.

@spider, ah nothing quite like an ex to twist the knife for sure, still never forget that old sailors saying.....'thar be plenty more fish in the sea matey' :sail

Anyway i think it must be possible to get sounds of sailing ships with louder 'water against the hull' levels on the net somewhere? I'll let you know if i find any :)

The 'Sails flapping' levels are ok currently i would say, and maybe the general 'wooden creaks and squeaks' are a little too quiet, but still quite audible compared to the sound of the sea against the hull(which seems nearly silent?). Even for the bigger ships in the game, compared to modern giant ships, you would hear the sea against the hull alot more than we currently do in game.

Yeah no worries, mate.
me.gif
I've already got new creaking hull and sails flapping sounds. I'm currently mixing several sounds together to make new masts breaking sounds. Water, wind, all the nature sounds are done. It's mostly the the ambient ship sounds that I'm contending with now. I haven't put them in yet, but I have some really nice cannon sounds to replace the stock ones.

Presently, I've set the SFX project aside, so I can finish the music and get it out there as a downloadable music pack for everyone to enjoy.
keith.gif

@spider, ah nothing quite like an ex to twist the knife for sure, still never forget that old sailors saying.....'thar be plenty more fish in the sea matey' :sail

Thanks,mate. I've already got a new fish on the end of me hook as we speak.
doff.gif
haha

So... any news on any of the packs...?
Or are you now too busy on LEGO PotC? :rolleyes:

Of course you can! I managed to release Patch 6 WHILE playing LEGO PotC! :razz

Back