• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SFX Project

indeed, there is no magic fix-all solution for all people sadly. I lucked out and have a good lass that has been by my side for a longtime now, it just works, but i've also had relationships where in hindsight i'd have been happier alone, so you just have to keep rolling the dice in life and hope you get lucky!! It's possible, with effort to improve ones own flaws as you grow wiser :ty

Glad to hear you're back in the music grove Spider. And i have a question for you, assuming you may now the answer!

What music files play in direct sailing mode? I'm looking for a complete brakedown of some kind. I know there is the music file, but also we have various background sounds and i wonder if these are also split into seperate files? I'm trying to isolate one that includes some 'sea sloshing' effects as my sound effect for that 90% of the time never playes, so i end up sailing around with just the flapping sails and odd hull creak, but very little in the way of 'sea sound' effects. If i can find out what file might fit the bill i'm going to try increasing the sound level on the sea sloshing effect - something like that. So any pointers from yourself(or others) on this would be greatly appriciated :yes

Ok. I take back my previous post. My ex just confirmed there no chance of us ever being together again and that she doesn't wanna do FWB anymore so now we're just friends. It's truly and fully over now. f**k me.
ib012.gif
I had everything I ever wanted in a girl and I screwed it up twice and lost her forever.

I don't even wanna work on these projects anymore.

I'm almost done. Just a few tracks left. Pieter or Armada, can either of you help me with the code part? Or just do it for me. I'll probably screw it up.
cold.gif

Dammit all to hell. I thought I was done. It's not recognizing some of my music. Like when I'm at a pirate town, it plays the standard pirate town music instead of the PotC pirate town music.
modding.gif

Help!

Aside from that, I'm done. I just need to adjust the volume of a few tracks.

Even if I knew anything about the music code, I couldn't even begin to help you with it right now. :facepalm
All this talk of heart breaking has gone far enough to remind me of my own less-than-successful experiences, and that's a reminder I could do without!
The only way I get by these days is by forgetting. It's the only way that works.
After hearing everything you've said, I've had memories coming back which I'd rather had not, and it's not pretty. It's not your fault, though.

There's no easy way to say this, but I'll say it anyway: please do us both a favour, and stop talking about your ex.

The thing that woks best is to just replace the standard music, but I wanted it to be an optional music pack like the other ones.

What music files play in direct sailing mode? I'm looking for a complete brakedown of some kind. I know there is the music file, but also we have various background sounds and i wonder if these are also split into seperate files? I'm trying to isolate one that includes some 'sea sloshing' effects as my sound effect for that 90% of the time never playes, so i end up sailing around with just the flapping sails and odd hull creak, but very little in the way of 'sea sound' effects. If i can find out what file might fit the bill i'm going to try increasing the sound level on the sea sloshing effect - something like that. So any pointers from yourself(or others) on this would be greatly appriciated :yes

I think the sound you're looking for can be found in RESOURCE/Sounds/NATURE. I think it's Water_Sea1-3.
Also RESOURCE/Sounds/AMBIENT/SEA/Squeak1-3 might be what you're looking for.
Also check RESOURCE/Sounds/AMBIENT/SHIP and RESOURCE/Sounds/OBJECTS/SHIPCHARGE. SHIPCHARGE has the majority of the ship sounds. NATURE has a lot of water sounds.

I think the sound you're looking for can be found in RESOURCE/Sounds/NATURE. I think it's Water_Sea1-3.
Also RESOURCE/Sounds/AMBIENT/SEA/Squeak1-3 might be what you're looking for.
Also check RESOURCE/Sounds/AMBIENT/SHIP and RESOURCE/Sounds/OBJECTS/SHIPCHARGE. SHIPCHARGE has the majority of the ship sounds. NATURE has a lot of water sounds.

Excellent, i'll give them a look over and see what i can do on them. Actually i notice that during or after a storm event, i get strong 'sea against ships hull' sounds, but in normal sailing those sound effects are only just about audible(if i really zone my ear onto them), so i'm wondering if we just don't get all the sound files in normal sailing? OR the levels in what is there(the 'ship creak' one etc) need boosting to make the sea more obvious. Cheers matey, those files you listed are where i'll start the test :onya

And here I'm sitting on a finished music project and I don't know what to do with it . . . ugh. lol
modding.gif

The good news is it's done. I just don't know where to go from here.
mybad.gif

What's the problem? Does it work as intended in the game? :?
If it does, then all you need to do is upload the files to the FTP.

Well the only problem is I can't get it to work as an optional music pack. It only seems to work when I replace the stock music.

FINALLY! I think I got it all ironed out!
w00t.gif

The new PotC movie music pack is all done! It took a lot of work to get it just right. I tried to make each piece of music flow with each event and location in the game. I put the stock music back in place and the PotC music pack works fine with it now. Once installed, you choose Pirates of the Caribbean from the list of music schemes in the main menu.
me.gif

Armada or Pieter, could you tell me how to make turn it into one of those files that you download and click on and it automatically installs? For now, just stick it into your game folder and let it overwrite what it asks to.

Now then, I need me some testers!
keith.gif
Armada, I know you're in. Anyone else? Just play the game like you would normally. Do things to trigger music events like: menus, houses, battles, sea battles, visiting towns, govenor halls, taverns, caves, temples, jungles, ship sinking, sea battle victory, sea battle escape, storms, sailing, ect. haha I've changed the music for EVERYTHING. So look (or listen rather) for everything. I'm looking mainly for CTD's and any stock music that might sneak in. It seems like the music pack is 95% effective. Every so often a stock piece of music slips in. I tried to stomp those out, but I wonder if there might be some I missed, so take note of any you notice.
user_comment.gif

I thought this was going to be so easy . . . just stick in some music and overwrite a few files. HA!
urgh.gif
I had to do several volume adjustments (tell me if music volumes need to be adjusted as well) because some of the pieces were too quiet, music mixing to make the music flow better with the game, and even some minor coding!
modding.gif

It was a pain in the ass, but it's DONE! So test it out for me and let me know how it works. If it's works fine, I'll put it up this site and ModDB for everyone to download. If they want to, since this IS an optional download.
type_1.gif

In addition to re-mixing some of the old PotC music, I've put in new pieces from the first 3 films as well as a number of tracks from the 4th movie. I worked hard on this. Enjoy!
icon_mrgreen1.gif

REQUIRES NEW GAME

Oh one more thing, apparently I only have the old FTP info. Could someone please PM me the new FTP info so I can get this on there and people can test it out? -pokes Armada-
slap.gif

Well, this is good news. :onya

Here is a link to what got me going on the new FTP. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/page__view__findpost__p__397005

I didn't see anything new in your folder on the old FTP. I'm reluctant to add anything big to my lab rat install because I don't want anything muddying the waters on my GA work. Considering the number of people interested in the QAR, you will get plenty of volunteers.

I won't be able to look at these files until November or so. :(

To make it an installer, try using 7-Zip and enable "Create SFX archive".
That's the easiest way.

What? Why not?
dunno.gif

It's uploading as we speak. I'll make that 7-Zip thingy and stick it on here.

Ok It's uploaded to FTP. But I can't upload the zip file on here because it's past my upload limit.
dunno.gif
Armada or Pieter I'll have to email it to you or something so you can post it here and on ModDB.

I am constantly jumping in and out of POTC making changes big and small. Some of them work and many don't. What I posted to the gag reel are just a very few of my mistakes, and I get plenty of ctds already. I'm using a good P6 install for the GA work and know what I've got. I will install your pack into one of my P7 installs,but I rarely play them. Will it require a new game?

Oh, looks like I CAN upload it to ModDM. Pieter should I go ahead and do that? Or should I wait?

Hylie, regrettably it looks like it DOES require a new game. I tried it out on my saved Jack Sparrow game and it was playing stock music left and right. But when I started a new game, it worked fine. Ugh. People aren't gonna be happy about that.
dunno.gif

So in addition to my previous posts tag this on: REQUIRES NEW GAME. Sorry folks.
mybad.gif

It installed ok and it played movie music during the tutorial. But when I went to sea there was no music at all. :shrug

update 2 hours later: Sailed to the next port and got in a storm. Storm music and storm end music played, then no music. Landed and music played. It was a dark and stormy night and I was walking through the jungle listening to waltz music. Anyway, music played everywhere I went and even on the dock. Hopped in the lugger and music played! Went to the world map and had music. Got to the next port and.....no music. Dunno what's up with that.

Indeed this is great news! I'm really glad you figured everything out at last. :cheers
It's not convenient to post the file here, but better to copy the link from your FTP folder.

So I guess I have no choice but to test it now, eh? :cheeky I will do so tomorrow.
About posting to ModDB, it's usually better for us to test things internally before submitting them there.
After a few people have given your pack a thorough run-through, I'm sure it will be ready to officially release.

I won't be able to look at these files until November or so. :(
What? Why not?
dunno.gif
He's still at sea, remember? The connection out there is pretty awful. :facepalm

Back