• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SFX Project

Armada, where did you go? Have you been testing at all?
Oh, I haven't been anywhere... I just seem to have lost a bit of steam lately, that's all.
I haven't quite felt like myself for the past few days. I don't really know why. :shrug

I got all your original files, and still need to get your updates. I will test them as soon as I can.

Armada, where did you go? Have you been testing at all?
Oh, I haven't been anywhere... I just seem to have lost a bit of steam lately, that's all.
I haven't quite felt like myself for the past few days. I don't really know why. :shrug

I got all your original files, and still need to get your updates. I will test them as soon as I can.

Poor guy. I know how you feel. Up till recently, I kinda lost all my steam too. Take as much time as you need. I hope you feel better, mate.
buds.gif

Yeah, that happened to me after my little time out. Just now getting back into tinkering with the ships.

Yeah I think we all need a break from our projects every once in a while.
dunno.gif
I don't think a lot of the players realize how daunting some of these projects are.

I haven't had much enthusiasm for months now, but that isn't just related to PotC.
All I seem to do is work (quite a lot), sleep and occasionally visit the forum and watch a movie or so. :facepalm

I work heavy construction. Big jobs with a thousand workers. For decades all the jobs we worked were 7 days a week 12 hours a day. Sometimes for 9 months straight. All I did was eat, sleep, and work. I'd finally get laid off and naturally wanted to party! Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but all I ever found was whores, barflies, and gold diggers. Just never could find anyone decent before it was time to go back to work on the next big job. That's the career I chose and the life that came with it.
It wasn't until I got sick and couldn't work for a few years that I finally met a decent woman. That was in 1997 and we are still together.

Hey Hylie, are those updates better now? I think I might finally be done with tweaking this thing.

Good to hear about your woman, mate.
me.gif
Mine forgave me and we're back together. I'm sorry for the grief I put everyone in earlier this month.
dunno.gif
Just hard times. Trying not to be homeless. Job hunting sucks. She's the only thing that gets me through each day. I had an interview at Target (glorious I know) so hopefully I'll get in there.
william.gif

Hmmm . . . . I really don't feel like tackling my SFX project right now. It's much more difficult than the music one.

I think i'll get to scripting my US storyline finally.
me.gif

Mine forgave me and we're back together.
So that's why you suddenly carried on with the music project, I guess?
You kept that quiet, unless I just missed your update about it. Nice to know, anyway. :doff

me.gif
Huzzah! That's something to look forward to. You might even have prompted me to finish my work on the Constitution. ;)
At least, I hope I can finish it. That bizarre lighting on the chasers is a mystery.

EDIT: Well guess what? A few hours later, and I've fixed the chasers and released the upgraded Constitution models here! :dance

No. That install is as clean as I can keep it so that I KNOW what is causing the problems. Except when I don't...........:wp

The install with your music pack in it also has a plethora of other mods in it. Things simply got too complicated and I needed to simplify things.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the F11 thing. You might not need a new save game if you hit F11. I accidentally erased my saved games, so I can't try it. Could someone try that for me?
dunno.gif

Mine forgave me and we're back together.
So that's why you suddenly carried on with the music project, I guess?
You kept that quiet, unless I just missed your update about it. Nice to know, anyway. :doff

me.gif
Huzzah! That's something to look forward to. You might even have prompted me to finish my work on the Constitution. ;)
At least, I hope I can finish it. That bizarre lighting on the chasers is a mystery.

EDIT: Well guess what? A few hours later, and I've fixed the chasers and released the upgraded Constitution models here! :dance

AHA! LS will be pleased. :beer

L_S: The install that has your music pack in it also has mods from Armada, Pieter, Bart O Port, Morgan Terror, Black Bart, and myself in it. And it even runs! :p3

UPDATE!
william.gif

I've modified two more files: Bitva1.ogg and Paluba.ogg.
They are in the FTP folder. Both alone and in the main music folder.
I also modified the7Zip file Pirates of the Caribbean.exe It wasn't installing the way it should, so I fixed it. Now extract it to the main game folder and let it overwrite when it asks.
me.gif

As soon as Pieter comes back I can formally release my music pack. I've been testing and I think all the bugs are ironed out.

I also made sure that a new game is in fact required. I don't know why, that's just how it is.
dunno.gif

Why wait for Pieter? You don't need his permission to release a standalone music pack.
I'm sure he'd want you to release it sooner rather than wait for him, anyway. ;)

I guess I don't need to for ModDB, but I don't know how to upload it here on the forum. I wanted to stick it on that list of downloads that has Build 14 Beta 1, Patch 6, and the other music packs. I was gonna make a new thread just for the music pack, but I don't think it'll let me upload Pirates of the Caribbean.exe

You should upload the file to your FTP folder, and post the link to the file's location (right click -> copy link location).
It's fine to start a topic in the main part of the forum with the download link and installation instructions in it.
Feel free to post it on ModDB as well- it all helps keep us in the spotlight, after all. :cheeky

Back