• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SFX Project

It installed ok and it played movie music during the tutorial. But when I went to sea there was no music at all. :shrug

update 2 hours later: Sailed to the next port and got in a storm. Storm music and storm end music played, then no music. Landed and music played. It was a dark and stormy night and I was walking through the jungle listening to waltz music. Anyway, music played everywhere I went and even on the dock. Hopped in the lugger and music played! Went to the world map and had music. Got to the next port and.....no music. Dunno what's up with that.

That's actually normal. It's some programming in the stock game I guess. Music doesn't play 100% of the time. Seems like they wanted to mix it up by not having the music play sometimes. But most of the time the music plays. Has it all been PotC music? No stock music? Any CTD's? I know Maximus added some AOP stuff into the last PotC music pack, but I took all that out. I wanted this new PotC music pack to be STRICTLY music from the 4 movies.
danse1.gif

Indeed this is great news! I'm really glad you figured everything out at last. :cheers
It's not convenient to post the file here, but better to copy the link from your FTP folder.

So I guess I have no choice but to test it now, eh? :cheeky I will do so tomorrow.
About posting to ModDB, it's usually better for us to test things internally before submitting them there.
After a few people have given your pack a thorough run-through, I'm sure it will be ready to officially release.

Sounds like a plan.
me.gif
I'm so happy to have FINALLY contributed something to the game. NOW I feel like I deserve my Modder status.
laugh.gif

I won't be able to look at these files until November or so. :(
What? Why not?
dunno.gif
He's still at sea, remember? The connection out there is pretty awful. :facepalm

I didn't forget he was at sea, but I assumed his ship was equipped with some kind of internet. What does he do exactly?
dunno.gif

Alrighty peeps, here is the link to my FTP folder containing the new PotC Movie Music Pack. Note: REQUIRES A NEW GAME: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/LS_Music_Pack/
Enjoy! Get to testing and let me know how it works and also what you think of it in general!
me.gif

All of the music I heard was movie music. At sea when going through a transition there would be a very short segment of music and then nothing until the next break. If no music during normal sailing is intentional, then it is ok.

All of the music I heard was movie music. At sea when going through a transition there would be a very short segment of music and then nothing until the next break. If no music during normal sailing is intentional, then it is ok.

Yeah, that's just the way they made it. Sometimes normal sailing has music. Sometimes it doesn't. There's probably a way to modify that in the code, but I don't know how, and I'm not gonna try. lol
dunno.gif

Try letting your ship get destroyed. I even made special music for the ship sinking sequence.
danse1.gif

that sounds to me like one of the two sailing soundtracks isn't working properly. the best way to find that out is checking if it alternates between playing and not playing every other time you go to sea. have you renamed the spokplavanie soundtrack into sailing2 or something similar in the INI file?

Ok I found one issue. The Storm End music kept playing stock music instead of the PotC music, but I fixed that. I also fixed an issue with the sailing music. Turns out there were a few small errors in the ALIAS code that I had overlooked. It should work just fine now.
me.gif

It won't let me upload the updated files, so I've placed the updated files in my FTP folder. Just re-install the whole thing.

I've also placed a 7-Zip file into my FTP folder for easier installation. Like last time, just install it into your game folder and let it overwrite what it asks to. And remember, NEW GAME REQUIRED.

All kinks should be ironed out now. Pretty sure.
doff.gif

So, my faithful testers, try it out and let me know. I'll be at Disneyland again today.
laugh.gif

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/

Every computer is different, so my opinion could be wrong.

The overall sound quality does not match up well with my system. In general there is too much bass and not enough treble. This makes it sound like an old 8 track with dirty heads. In fact at Kralendijk the bass gain is turned up so much that it gets heavy distortion which cancels out the bass line entirely. It is a relief to get to Havana. That music is well done.

The storm music works well. In fact I made 5 or so 30 second videos last night. :eww

What? Why not? :shrug
Because I'm at sea until then and don't have access to any speedy internet allowing me to download it. :(
I do have internet, but it's slow, fairly expensive and unreliable.

What do I do? Exactly what my forum title says: I'm a Third Officer on the Holland America Line cruiseship ms Maasdam.

Every computer is different, so my opinion could be wrong.

The overall sound quality does not match up well with my system. In general there is too much bass and not enough treble. This makes it sound like an old 8 track with dirty heads. In fact at Kralendijk the bass gain is turned up so much that it gets heavy distortion which cancels out the bass line entirely. It is a relief to get to Havana. That music is well done.

The storm music works well. In fact I made 5 or so 30 second videos last night. :eww

I haven't adjusted the treble or bass at all. It sounds fine on my end. I DID notice Hol_Town.ogg (probably the one you just mentioned) is way too amplified and bassy so I'lll fix that and post the updated file.
sailr.gif

Ugh. It says I'm not permitted to upload the updated file. So I'll post the updated file in my FTP folder: POC_Hol_Town.ogg

Place that file in RESOURCES/Sounds/MUSIC/PotCMovie, and overwrite the previous POC_Hol_Town.ogg

I'll also change the full folders in my FTP folder so they have the updated file as well. Go back to Kralendijk, and let me know how it sounds now.
hi.gif

Ok the files in my FTP folder have the updated music file.

Good news! I got the 7Zip file working properly, so now you just click on it an tell it what folder you want it yo install to like the other music packs. It also contains the updated music file.
me.gif

You can't upload here? Have you reached your size limit or is it a file this site doesn't like? Some files you just have to zip to post here.

So that's just the way it is. I'll deal with it. Oddly, I cranked the volume up until it's verging on giving me a headache and it sounds better.

It's off to the FTP I go.

You can't upload here? Have you reached your size limit or is it a file this site doesn't like? Some files you just have to zip to post here.

So that's just the way it is. I'll deal with it. Oddly, I cranked the volume up until it's verging on giving me a headache and it sounds better.

It's off to the FTP I go.

Yeah I guess the site doesn't like .ogg files. I tried zipping it, but it says upload failed. I only used 3.83mb of my 9.77mb on this site. And it says max single file size is 5.94mb, but the file is only 1.81mb. So idk why it's not cooperating.
dunno.gif

Another thing I just noticed. I captured a surrendered ship and the music, while sounding interesting, was very quiet. When the other captain and I fought, that music was normal volume, but walking around before that was quiet.

Another thing I just noticed. I captured a surrendered ship and the music, while sounding interesting, was very quiet. When the other captain and I fought, that music was normal volume, but walking around before that was quiet.

Indeed. I just found that too. I know the file you're talking about. I'll fix that right now.
william.gif

I did some movie watching last night and can see now that the music is very heavy on the base part for that "big" feel without interfering with the action onscreen. So there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just used to balanced music.

Methinks i came across that quiet part in the movie and it's just quiet there too.

Allowing different file types to be uploaded requires me to go in the forum's Admin control panel and allow it.
You can get around it very easily by just zipping it up, which makes it smaller and does allow it. :shrug

I did some movie watching last night and can see now that the music is very heavy on the base part for that "big" feel without interfering with the action onscreen. So there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just used to balanced music.

Methinks i came across that quiet part in the movie and it's just quiet there too.

Yeah pirates has a lot of heavy bass parts.

Allowing different file types to be uploaded requires me to go in the forum's Admin control panel and allow it.
You can get around it very easily by just zipping it up, which makes it smaller and does allow it. :shrug

I DID zip it. It still wouldn't let me. What about 7zip? Would that work better?

Ok I updated two more music flies that were a little too quiet. They are POC_Abordage.ogg and POC_Paluba.ogg. They are both in my FTP folder. Again, I've updated the Music folder on my FTP as well as the 7zip file. Place those 2 updates files into: RESOURCE/Sounds/MUSIC/PotCMovie. Those two files seemed a little quiet so I brought their levels up a little.
me.gif

Hopefully that is the last update I need to do. Armada, where did you go? Have you been testing at all?

Back