• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SFX Project

Excuses, excuses... :slap

To be fair, I must admit I enjoyed playing it myself. :wp
That was on my PS3 though, since my computer is literally full to the brim with PotC modding stuff!

Well I'm working on the sound and music projects right now. I'm still having issues with the volumes of some of the sounds and a couple of the SEA sounds conflicting with other sounds. I'm hoping to have the SFX project done for Build 14 Beta 2.
keith.gif

As for the PotC Music pack project, I'm very close to being done with that, and I think I can have it done as an optional download for Patch 7.
me.gif

Playing Lego Pirates gave me some ideas on what I can do with some of the music. I think everyone will like how the music flows now in the PotC music pack. I've added a few pieces from PotC 4 into the pack nicely as well as adjusted and replaced several of the existing tracks in the current PotC pack. I've also added musical cues for things that weren't in the pack at all such as the storms. I'd be amazed as all hell if the SFX project got done for Patch 7, but I can definitely get the Music project done in time.
sailr.gif

Sounds good to me. Glad you're making progress, and I can't wait for the results! :cheeky

i will be testing this once it comes out. i've changed a huge amount of things concerning the music already though, so i'll need to know how much you've changed the alias file, if at all. also, have you modified the english town soundtracks? i've got a pretty nice english track already.

Patch 7 won't be released for another 3 months at least, unless Armada or Captain Maggee decide to release a Patch 7 before that time.
So that should give you a fair amount of time still. Quite possibly, once I get back, I'll skip Patch 7 and just release Beta 2 straight away.
After all, we seem to be making some good progress in ironing out some annoying long-standing bugs, such as the flag locators and oily sea.

Did you get all my most recent extended PotC soundtracks from the FTP? There's some good material in there that some people might not have heard before.
I also recently posted a link to a site with about 12 minutes of previously unreleased music.
It's nothing earth-shattering, but still anything you can add that is new to people is a plus, right?

Now I'm wondering if somehow we can make the Jack Sparrow storyline automatically use the PotC music pack if that is installed.

Patch 7 won't be released for another 3 months at least, unless Armada or Captain Maggee decide to release a Patch 7 before that time.
We shall see. I still have some porting work to do, plus some other ship-related content, but considering I've recently tamed Maya to work properly, I now have a few more ideas to try out. ;)
If I finish my work before Beta 2, then I'll add it to the Patch 7 files, and we'll release the patch. Ideally, that would be best for the ModDB scene.

Now I'm wondering if somehow we can make the Jack Sparrow storyline automatically use the PotC music pack if that is installed.
That would be pretty cool! It would certainly add to the film atmosphere. :yes

So that should give you a fair amount of time still. Quite possibly, once I get back, I'll skip Patch 7 and just release Beta 2 straight away.
After all, we seem to be making some good progress in ironing out some annoying long-standing bugs, such as the flag locators and oily sea.

Did you get all my most recent extended PotC soundtracks from the FTP? There's some good material in there that some people might not have heard before.
I also recently posted a link to a site with about 12 minutes of previously unreleased music.
It's nothing earth-shattering, but still anything you can add that is new to people is a plus, right?

Yeah I got the extended music you gave me. Have you posted anything new since then? Maybe you should give me the links again so I can double check.

I didn't update my own OST edit yet, but this page contains some unreleased music from that film: http://www.magicboxmusic.com/virtualresume/details.php?id=P4&popup=y

Epic heart break (see my status update). So I'm sorry to announce my projects will be on hold for a while. It'll be a while before I can take an interest in anything again. I've spent the last 12 hours crying my eyes out.
ib012.gif

I must have missed that update while I was away... I guess you're feeling better after Disneyland, though? :?

I was. But I'm depressed again. Trying to run damage control and figure out her what she's feeling . . . she's acting like nothing happened, but she's also never officially forgiven me. So I'm working on a few personal projects for her. PotC stuff is on the back burner right now. With all this stuff with my girl, the passion for my SFX project has grown cold. I need to get back the thing that made me happy in life before my passion for the game will re-kindle.
dunno.gif

Before all this happened, I made considerable progress with the Music Pack. But I'm still not finished. I had fun at Disneyland. PotC was the first ride I went on. haha Then I got another dose of pirates watching the Fantasmic and seeing the Columbia sailing around the river as Captain Hook's ship. We gotta get the Columbia in the game some day. First of all, it's a historical US vessel, and second, it'd be a fun nod to Disneyland, the place where all this originated.
danse1.gif

[attachment=6892:5313242168_9cb04cd9aa_b.jpg]

[attachment=6893:5342784374_ef9a9d3b27_b.jpg]

I see. I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I hope you can resolve it soon.
All I'd say is, if things go wrong, just remember you don't need a relationship to be happy. Sometimes they bring more sadness and pain than they're worth. :?

Sometimes I wish I could cut my heart out and lock it away like Davy Jones. He's one of my favorite characters. I always feel sympathetic towards him because I know how he feels.
I swear I'm gonna finish the sound and music projects. It's just hard right now. Especially since I know so little of the code. I'm not a very good modder. I've yet to produce anything. I hate being just a taker. I wanna give something to the PA community.
dunno.gif

Look, what you've got in the works is far more than many members out there would do, so you've proven yourself a good modder already. ;)
I'm not worried about your dedication to the site, but I am worried about what that girl is doing to you.
I know how hard it is to cope in such a situation, but I know you'll pull through somehow. :drunk

Well this time I'm the one that did it to her, and so shot myself in the foot.
dunno.gif

I'm just so tired. The end of the music project is in sight, but I wonder when I'll ever get the SFX one done. It's far more complex.

Ah, right. I just assumed it was her again, but I don't know the details this time.
Don't push yourself to finish your projects. No-one's set any deadlines, if you ignore Beta 2 when Pieter gets back. :no

Well good news. I was watching some special features for At World's End, particularly the one with Hans Zimmer and it inspired me to resume my music pack project again.
keith.gif

All I'd say is, if things go wrong, just remember you don't need a relationship to be happy. Sometimes they bring more sadness and pain than they're worth. :?
Sadness and pain can very much come from being alone also. Speaking from experience here. :facepalm

Back