• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Sometimes Officers Do Not Join in Boarding

cpt. Toni

Sailor Apprentice
3 officers select in passenger screen. They are always with main caracter on land, tavern, and in the cpt. cabin.
But on boardings and in fighting they did not show up.
Sometimes shown only 1 or 2.

Screenshot

There is a dialog option to tell them to "sit out the next boarding".
Talk to them and make sure you tell them to NOT do that. Maybe that helps?

I know for that option, that is not problem, also I can solve that in passenger screen and remove them.
Problem is that I want them to participate in fighting, and they are not present then.

All I can think of is that certain boarding locations may not have the necessary three officer locators.
Either that, or maybe you are vastly outnumbered and that is preventing them from showing?

We do want to have a look into the boarding code, but no clue when that might be too.
So much to do, so little time. :facepalm

That is a screenie of a town fight. The only colony I have ever captured was Bridgetown and your officers do not go there. My officers are with me in all ship boarding fights, but they often stay well back and only arrive after the fighting is over.

That is explanation for Bridgetown, but during the boardings sometimes not all officers participate in fighting.
They are not present there, they are not even shown in the icons down left.
Those who are shown in the icons down left, they are present in the fight, on board, fights, and fighting is much better when main character did not "fly across the ship".
When those flying is occur, then the crew are going in various places of the ship with no sense at all, stacking in the sides of the ship, this goes also for an enemy crew, so then is pretty much mess.

fighting is much better when main character did not "fly across the ship".
When those flying is occur, then the crew are going in various places of the ship with no sense at all, stacking in the sides of the ship, this goes also for an enemy crew, so then is pretty much mess.
Do you have the 8 Dec version of the mod yet? There was a "flying" issue in the previous one, but we disabled that now.

Flaying is fixed now in 8 dec version, fighting is now much better, with more sense, and present officers participate in fighting.

You are describing two different situations.

1) Sometimes an officer will not engage in boarding fights. I can not really remember, but methinks those are captains who surrendered and then were hired. Anyway, when I get one of those he gets fired immediately.

2) Flying around? That sounds like something is badly broken as I have never seen anything like that.

Be sure to get this fix too: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | Page 9 | PiratesAhoy!

2) Flying around? That sounds like something is badly broken as I have never seen anything like that.
Yes you have: Fixed - Weird Floating Effects due to BuildingSet Colliders | PiratesAhoy! :razz

Flaying is fixed now in 8 dec version, fighting is now much better, with more sense, and present officers participate in fighting.
So... "Cannot Replicate" with the 8 Dec version then?

That happened in boarding actions too? I never saw that but then I probably never got into a boarding action at that time.

That is explanation for Bridgetown, but during the boardings sometimes not all officers participate in fighting.
They are not present there, they are not even shown in the icons down left.

I have indeed come across some boarding screens where all your allocated officers do not accompany you below decks. First couple of times I just thought the particular missing officer had died while my attention was elsewhere, however on winning the battle they were still smugly there in the lists. It may be as @Pieter Boelen suggests the particular boarding deck locations are lacking sufficient officer locators and I don't see that changing in a hurry (if at all), or it may be as @Hylie Pistof conjectures a factor relating to how you acquired the officer (although I don't think mine were former captains). I didn't pay much attention but I think I had different ones missing depending on the order I had them in the interface, a minor annoyance in the great scheme of things - they are just elsewhere on the ship mopping up resistance.

Flying was occur during the boardings , I was writing about that too in previous posts. When going down the stairs, from upper deck to lower decks. Then the fighting on boardings is with no sense at all, it is one big mess. But in the latest update that is fixed.

They are not the captured captains, they regular hired officers in the tavern. Somethimes they dont shaw at all on the boardings, and have them 3 all the time.

It may be as @Pieter Boelen suggests the particular boarding deck locations are lacking sufficient officer locators and I don't see that changing in a hurry (if at all)
Adding locators isn't that hard, so it could be done. But we'd first need to know IF that is the reason.
So....:

They are not the captured captains, they regular hired officers in the tavern. Somethimes they dont shaw at all on the boardings, and have them 3 all the time.
Can you keep an eye on WHEN this happens? Is it always in the SAME boarding deck locations, for example?

Taking the Bridgetown, 3 officers were with me on the attack to Fort, but any from the port to Town.:checklist

For a discussion on the locators & number of locators used during boardings/mutinies

check this thread here: Mutiny - Fix for B14 Beta 1 Patch 6 | PiratesAhoy!

:drunk

Reviewing these older posts, it seems to me that the number of attackers is limited on 8 to 10, and the game would have to decide by herself in some cases how many of that number to be crew members, and how many as officers.
I think if that so, that this is wrong and that the player had already decided how many officers want to fight, by selecting them in the passengers window , or talking with them to stay and wait for him.

As far as I remember from the code, crew and officers are handled quite independently.

Eventually we do want to rework the logic here though. But who knows when that will be?

Back