• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Queen Anne's Revenge

I'm not sure entirely how he handled it, not having seen his files. His screenshots did show a different main character model. :shrug

A quick wip pic of the Queen Anne's revenge with her new captain on the bridge.

The stern circles will be a bit simple I'm afraid. Also, I'm gonna add a few more cannons around the ship because the amount she has is ridiculous. She has less than the Pearl.
I'm gonna do some of the texturing but if someone wants to improve on it once she's finished and released, be my guest.

Wow! She's looking good mate.
me.gif
I can't wait to see the final product.

I think those bottom stairs curve inwards a bit. I was watching this scene on youtube and it shows off the deck of the ship very nicely, so here is the link in case you need another reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szUEkiRPQwQ&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLAXzQuoa3uj4

So this ship IS materialising, after all! Glad to see that! :woot

Gah!!!
w00t.gif
It's Armada! Back from France?

Indeed. I'm happy someone is doing work on her.
william.gif
Thanks for stepping up to the plate, bonjourmonami.

The QAR has undergone a few changes. Each balcony has 2 cannons in them making each broadside 20 a piece. 2 stern chasers and 2 bow chasers under the forcastle deck the same as my Black Pearl. (seemed sensible as she was the base model for the QAR) She isn't going to have the skulls adorning the captains cabin (I agree with Pieter, they seem rather nasty & garish) and I'm not sure she's going to have the skeletons on the bow decor (poly-count and all that) but definetley gonna have the figurehead though. Should be posting another WIP pic tomorrow.

The QAR has undergone a few changes. Each balcony has 2 cannons in them making each broadside 20 a piece. 2 stern chasers and 2 bow chasers under the forcastle deck the same as my Black Pearl. (seemed sensible as she was the base model for the QAR) She isn't going to have the skulls adorning the captains cabin (I agree with Pieter, they seem rather nasty & garish) and I'm not sure she's going to have the skeletons on the bow decor (poly-count and all that) but definetley gonna have the figurehead though. Should be posting another WIP pic tomorrow.

Aww.
dunno.gif
I was looking forward to all the skeletons. I guess they're a nightmare to model though, huh? Is there any way someone could cheat and do them with texturing?

Are you at least gonna have the big skeleton holding the goblet that's the figurehead? You gotta have that one.
william.gif

He did say he'd do the main figurehead. :yes
I should be possible to add some skeletons through texturing, though obviously that depends on where they need to be, compared with the model's shape.

Uh oh. That won't be easy, but it should be possible. In theory.
If we were to try it, my guess is that we would have to use similar code to the steamships, but with fire particle effects for the bow chasers.
Making it deliver damage would be harder still, I imagine.
The only problem is, I can't see it being useful or practical in anything besides the film scene, though. :?

Once ye swabs get that done with the magic ropes, greek fire, and fictional zombie master Edward Teach a.k.a Blackbeard, et al..... I have another request.

In addition to Captain Crunch's Guppy, I'd like to see the modelers do Pippi Longstalkings and her ship. Need to make sure we model her with her super strength and special balloon that makes the ship fly as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CPM6wsHkT8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b-MRqp6R-0&feature=related

MK

Maybe setting another ship at fire with the bow chasers? Might be possible, since KBlack also managed to influence the bow chaser accuracy and such with the ship upgrades.
Wouldn't be easy though.

Is it just me or was the whole Greek fire thing rather underused in the film? Not to mention that there's no proof whatsoever that it was Greek fire in the first place. Might've been an "ordinary" flamethrower.
On the other hand, maybe it was OVER-used. It didn't really serve much purpose; it was set up only to never go anywhere. Unless they intend Barbossa to use it in PotC 5.

Greek Fire was actually an aspect of POTC 4 I really liked. It is realistic and wasn't too cheesy. It actually seems like something worthy of the historical Blackbeard as well. He would have loved to get his hands on it!

Personally, I thought the greek fire flamethrower was kinda dumb. I don't even know how you would do that without setting the ship on fire. haha
mybad.gif

It could have a practical use in the game if it were possible to do. Imagine being able to set the enemy ship on fire . . .
slap.gif

I found a nice shot of the Revenge's stern if you need more reference. I never noticed the nameplate on the stern before.

Maybe setting another ship at fire with the bow chasers? Might be possible, since KBlack also managed to influence the bow chaser accuracy and such with the ship upgrades.
Wouldn't be easy though.

Is it just me or was the whole Greek fire thing rather underused in the film? Not to mention that there's no proof whatsoever that it was Greek fire in the first place. Might've been an "ordinary" flamethrower.
On the other hand, maybe it was OVER-used. It didn't really serve much purpose; it was set up only to never go anywhere. Unless they intend Barbossa to use it in PotC 5.

If it's not greek fire, then it's some other chemical that can stay lit on water. There HAS to be one more. I wanna what Jack and Gibbs do with the Pearl.
william.gif

I'm so glad she wasn't sunk. Like Jack, I am especially fond of the Pearl. Maybe even obsessed . . . hahaha
keith.gif

He did say he'd do the main figurehead. :yes
I should be possible to add some skeletons through texturing, though obviously that depends on where they need to be, compared with the model's shape.

I'll help you if you show me how!
william.gif
The skeletons need to be on there one way or another. They make the Revenge look so iconic in the film.

Once ye swabs get that done with the magic ropes, greek fire, and fictional zombie master Edward Teach a.k.a Blackbeard, et al..... I have another request.

The magic ropes won't be appearing in the game, and although it COULD potentially be interesting, I doubt the flamethrower will be in the game too.

Blackbeard wasn't fictional, he and his ship really did exist. Although, obviously, he and the Queen Anne's Revenge were dramatically different in real life than they were as depicted in the film. But hey, it's Hollywood, it's funner to exaggerate stuff. haha
razz.gif

Here's another screenshot I snatched off youtube that shows off the bow quite nicely if you need it.

guppy.jpg

The Guppy was an awesome little boat MK! She helped the Cap'n escape John La'Foot many times!

seadog.jpg

I would really like the option to have SeaDog as an officer too! :onya

Back